Recent Topics

Ads

Need for a middle tier for rvr

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Need for a middle tier for rvr

Post#51 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 pm Don’t know why leveling should be so slow it’s an artificial gatekeeper of reaching 40 that exists to slow you down from the “real game” of grinding renown, currency and dungeons

It was already explained why, try to re-read the explanation. Also, the 12 hours to 40 is like a week of 2h sessions, check your privilege.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#52 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Kylashandra wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 pm Back on live, there has never been such thing as a middle tier, except for a few weeks after release when everyone was still in the middle of the leveling process. The action was in T1 and T4, you would just grind through T2/3, and it was a breeeze thanks to fast xp spot like RvR rats, mentoring system, no limitations on power leveling by your friends/guild.

I still don't get the point of restricting people to a painful lvling process and forcing them into facing lvl 40 high RR players with only 2 tactic slots and half their spells/morales unlocked. Bolster doesnt make up for this at all, and we can see it daily when facing lvl 40 organized people with PU warbands, half full of lvl 16-30 people... Especially with the unnecessary nerf (in my opinion) on buff stacking. They just get roasted, and it has nothing to do with better tactics/game knowledge, just plain lack of stats/utilities not unlocked.

So if you want to keep your no-fast XP policy for lower levels, yes a middle tier might be needed for RvR and SC's... And it would be much more enjoyable (again in my opinion) to restrict T4 PvP (Rvr and Sc's) to lvl 40 players who can at least compete on a fairly same level skill-wise and stat-wise.
It depended on what server you played and exactly when you are talking about. But there was much more t2 and t3 than that.

There already is a middle tier for SC's...

People get rolled and desperately need to blame it on something. But level 40s in end game gear get rolled by level 40s in end game gear every day. The fact that you lose sometimes is not proof that bolster is worthless.

With an infinite population it would be a great idea. Real world it's a terrible idea.

Martok

Post#53 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 pmIt was already explained why, try to re-read the explanation. Also, the 12 hours to 40 is like a week of 2h sessions, check your privilege.

Someone should do a video about it. Oh, wait...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Warfare80

Post#54 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 am

I enjoy fighting on T2/T3/T4 maps. Adding bracker would close 66% of my maps and also cut the populationnumbers. I understand the idea but i do not like it,and i do not think it would work (populationwise)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Dackle

Post#55 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:27 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Nekkma wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:36 pm It worked perfectly fine on live servers and people saying othervise are just wrong. It is a population issue. No more, no less. Population on this server outside of EU primetime is very likeky to small to sustain it.

Lower tiers provided a different experience than T4, with smaller battles and more limited skill set, which was fun. Just as T1 do now but the difference is that T1 lacks keeps.
No it did not and i dont get why you would even lie about this. I playes live when there was no one around to play against in low pop mid tier zones. When all guilds died because no one was left to help level the newbies. When mythic aknowledged the system has failed and introduced stupid champion rats to slay for 10 hours to get your alts to tier4. When they introduced faster leveling/exp potions and other stupid crap to make leveling less of a pain. It didnt work. I played on karak norn, drakenwald and later the merged eu servers and it never worked. It was a flawed design choice and the devs knew it and the players knew it and it sucked balls to play the game in 2012/2013 when no one was there to play with you outside of tier 4 or the lucky eu prime time warband. Ppl who say otherwise are either lying or seeing the past through rose tinted glasses.
I am not sure you did play live.... I remember people staying in t3 until RR 39/79 by taking pots. Who ever says it was dead is not remembering... which in fact, was part of the problem with low tiers live. Nobody wanted to play against the twinks. Many good groups preferred twinks over t4 at the end if i remember correctly. Good times!