Recent Topics

Ads

Are we going to address the issues with the game?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jastojan

Re: Are we going to address the issues with the game?

Post#11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi,
so I feel some things the same and want to write my opinion and some suggestions.
First I have to write I enjoy this game very much. There was no other game I enjoyed like this (played WOW 9 years - there very many and many... so many things were made just to steal your time). But there are few things in RoR which... devs should consider maybe.

Been here about 7-8 months, my first char was a SW (RR 50+) and I decided to switch (have BO almost RR 60, Choppa RR 40+, Sorc almost RR 50 and lvling a DoK) because I saw destro loosing more times and I like the greenskins look in this game (and was a "horde" player in WOW). I made the SW only to try to play for the other side :) So I can compare some things.

I have to say that this is only my point of view but still I will try to be objective.

1) Yes, xrealmers and switching sides during open RVR fight is a problem. I think this is pure community problem and will never be solved to make the situation look we wish. I tried to think about it a lot - maybe devs could make a "buff" like quitter or something like that on your characters of oposite fraction. Example: You are in the open RvR for order and your siege falls (or your deff falls), you will get the quitter buff for 20 mins (it could be more/less) on your destro characters and you can´t join/enter this RvR zone - you will become a "chicken". Or you could get this "buff" if you fight in the zone for more than half our or so - this is only expamle. But what I want to say is - players always could make their own choice, they could create new acc and have destro characters on 1 acc and order chars on other acc. It could take SO MUCH time to try solve this problem and it could be contraproductive (players could leave the whole RoR game).

2) Scenarios. This part of game is awesome. But I realy enjoy only t1, t2 scenarios. The low lvl boost in t1 and t2 scenarios is a thing! But the boost in T2 SCs is a bit OP - see low lvls on highest places in ranking table almost everytime (so it is a bit frustrating to see the fact - higher lvl you are, lower dmg you deal) I understand why is it so (it is a compensation of missing spells). I got it, but maybe lower the boost just a little bit. Just my opinion, suggestion, not complaining. I dont write about t1 boost (maybe is it the same ratio) because you can get 16 lvl very fast. As I said t1 and t2 SCs are fun! :)

The main problem starts on 31 lvl. It is hard to have the impact on the game when you have to head face to face to 40/40+ players. There are pros of course -
pros for low levels players: you can get more RP and XP if u win and you can lvl very fast (if u have luck and have a big 40/40+ brothers on your side).
pros for high RR (40/40+) players: you can enjoy big crits and big impact on the game.
And cons -
cons for low lvl players: low impact, fast killed, the squad is a bigger lottery (you can face to a realy good and equipped 40/40+ players and you can do nothing).
cons for high RR players: low RP.
I dont want to break and split 31-40 SCs. So the solution could be to have the possibility to join 31-39 SCs and 31-40 SCs too. There is a question if it is possible to make something like that (technically)? Example - we can join few 31-40 scenarios every week like Stonetroll Crossing, Phoenix Gate, Black Fire Basin, High Pass Cemetery... so why not do one scenario for 31-39 too?
It could be nice to have the option.

3) Keep deffend reward. To get the high RR players motivated to deff keep - chance to win reward like epic/rare talisman lootbag or something like this (after successful deff). There was a sad situation week or two ago - " big keep deff in BC"! Many of us remember - some players wanted to go fort and let the order win and some not. I don´t want to go back and write about it again.

4) Class balance. Here we are. I won´t write about hate or blame... I repeat I want to be as objective as possible.
As I wrote I have experience from both sides and I have to say, yes there are few things which should be repaired, considered. Things that have the biggest impact on the game (open RvR zones, Scenarios).
a) pet of the white lion. This is the most annoying problem in the rvr for me and I see that this is big problem for the others too. It is a chasing machine you cant escape (even if you should - breaking textures, flying...). Even the lion can knock players down... the impact is huge. WL is the strongest char for soloing (independent of RR), no doubt. Me as a Sorc... even WH doesn´t kill the me so fast (and WH is class made especially for killing clothies). But I am ok with dmg of WL. WL is realy strong but I suggest to all players asking for nerfing the WL to think what could be the WL without his power in close combat? Try imagine that WL is nerfed too much - so be careful about changes. I like challenges (don´t like bugs), but the pet is a problem (and sometimes I lost the patience with SCs and jumping WLs and their pets and closing the game... yes I am only man too). But strong 1vs1 dmg is all he has, so I understand and please dont nerf him. Just repair his pet in the future.
b) Sorc backlash. Idk about BW, maybe is it the same. While playing a Sorc I am getting the backlash even if the spell is disrupted or blocked. And the whole backlash is very big. I think it is no very balanced compared to other classes (just for expample - WL or Mara can have big dmg burst without any penalty, but sorc pays very big price for the burst, I ask why?). I damage myself for 750 dmg for one disrupted curse? Does not sound very fair. Not complaining, just... it is a fact.
c) Kotbs - I realy do not remember I was ever heading to such a "strong wall" while playing for order (in scenarios especially). As I named the WL "killing machine", Kotbs is "impossible to kill". I do not know if we have something like this on both sides, but... I like them, because it is a challenge, but.
d) Ranged SW/SH - I played only for SW, but tried the SH and it is almost the same. SW realy has no burst to kill. SW was my first char ever and wanted to play as ranged dps. I was surprised It could be long story here, but I have no idea, no right proposal. Just pointed out. (engineers are so powerful, magus too maybe).

There are maybe few other things I don´t know right now, I forgot maybe. I have to say big thank to all devs who are working on this game. It is very kind and hope you will have the time, patience to keep the perfect work. Thank you for this amazing game.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, hope the point is clear (if not, you can ask of course) :)

Have a nice day.

Urshark
Last edited by Jastojan on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Urdeg

Post#12 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm

And the echo chamber echoes on, it sounds like "The grass is always greener from the other side side side side side"
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

herooftime

Post#13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Urdeg wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm And the echo chamber echoes on, it sounds like "The grass is always greener from the other side side side side side"
It sounds like you didn’t even read the previous posts in this thread. I can’t speak for every class but I can speak for Chosen. The balance of the classes isn’t even close.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32065
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Aethilmar

Post#14 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 pm

herooftime wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 pm
Urdeg wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm And the echo chamber echoes on, it sounds like "The grass is always greener from the other side side side side side"
It sounds like you didn’t even read the previous posts in this thread. I can’t speak for every class but I can speak for Chosen. The balance of the classes isn’t even close.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32065
Can you really? B/c I read that thread and the point was made quite clearly that the Chosen != Knight just like BO != SM and BG != IB. They are mechanic mirrors, but don't necessarily have the same abilities or effects. If you want to argue parity, argue optimal group compositions and whether or not a Chosen fits in there (hint, it does).

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 am

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 pm If you want to argue parity, argue optimal group compositions and whether or not a Chosen fits in there (hint, it does).
Only because no other alternative exists to chosen aura's :roll:

If knight was garbage tier it would still be picked because of how good and mandatory their auras are

Stophy22

Post#16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 am

Collateral wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 am ...I can't give you any credibility if you never actually played with or played yourself any of the classes you complain about...
I've played every class I talked about to 40 and I've been playing WAR during live and I think I started playing here on ROR in 2014. Is that credible enough?

Sorry if it came off complain-y. That was not the intent. I wanted to just get confirmation that the issues stated were getting looked at because its been a long time now and it's weighing on not only myself but others I interact and play with. Wasn't aware there was other posts but just because game developers don't realize its a problem doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Being a dev of my own game I'm working on its very important to listen to the community and yes I understand the man power isn't there and it's completely on their time, thus I never stated an immediate demand for a fix. I simply wanted a confirmation or acknowledgement that these issues were being looked at - because when I see these issues brought up in other posts, in balance forum, etc. It is not addressed as an issue or nothing is said.

-There was a WL thread a while ago and it got locked and no talk has happened on that since.
-Hero made an excellent balance proposal on Kotbs vs Chosen no talk has happened on that.
-Archmage hasn't been acknowledged as over preforming and the ability to gear spiri/ele/corp resist hasn't been addressed.
-statistical analysis on which realm is on top would be beneficial to the balance portion of this game, this hasn't happened yet.
-PetertheElitist has brought up multiple times the relevance of SC's and where they curently stand, I believe his threads have been locked and one is currently being discussed.

Things like the above are concerning so excuse me for making a post voicing my concerns. Didn't think it was a big crime. And coming from my perspective its a little worry some when the above problems aren't taken seriously because thats about all I deal with daily. But hell I could do away with all of the problems above if there wasn't an innate lag for NA players but since servers are located in EU thats a given, but I understand its non-profit and work is done via individuals whose time and work ability has limitations. Again all im looking for is some sort of writing or proof that the above problems are indeed being looked at and a fix or workings are in progress.

Being someone who intends to only play one side (destruction) its a little annoying when people join the server and the best advice you can give them vs a WL or Archmage is, "join the other side". Of course there are other options but that's the least painful, coming from someone who has dealt with this for little over a year I believe now. And before you even say, "Aha! you only play one side you don't know anything about X class or Y spec." I did infact play order only lead a guild under the name Noblesse Oblige. I believe my old recruit posts are still up if you need definite proof.

Sorry for trying address my concerns with something I enjoy investing a lot of time into and have a knowledgeable background on.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x