Recent Topics

Ads

shaman

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
havartii

shaman

Post#1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:56 am

I feel the shaman could really use some love, I have ranked one to 36/45 and is very under powered compared to the other healers. I play in rvr and sc's I also have a DoK and a Zealot both which are ez mode in comparison. DoK gets a 1 second heal spam while shammy gets 2.5 with reduction if they use mork 5 times to proc.. this mechanic really needs some tweaking. Are the devs just racist against green things??
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
flintboth

Re: shaman

Post#2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:50 am

I don't know if the shaman heal need to be reworked or optimised but what I know about the Character/class here is it good designed and have many well abilities/tactics and some good morals.

I think shaman healer is more about HoT complementary healing with DoK or zealot and he have to be played for me to heal for sure but to harass enemies too (AOE range bump, AOE snare zone, AOE debuff tough).
DoK can spam AOE heal and shaman can HoT his group and buffs it too (tough + give additional damage to his group + buff group moral).
Some years ago we lose a nice ability because of the shaman dps forum lobby who ask for more mirrored abilities in regard of the Archmage DPS; "yer weaklin" (replaced by a dps buff intel ability "get'n smarter") was an additional tool about what I was speaking for the shaman heal and harass, that ability was reducing povver from attackers in a zone around the enemy target (= "rain lord" from archmage) so today The DPS tree for shaman is more fair but for the shaman healer/harass in is complementarity with his group and in his (Goblin)design we lose a little nice tool..

I think I understand the problem that you want to mean, today at the prime time is it more about BIG scale, BomB WB, blob... for DPS so also for healers.
Shaman healer can HoT as I say but if there are not enough healers in your WB you have to spam the AOE heal and it is around 3 sec cast so here you have to be full willpower around 1050 to have a good AOE heal for your group.
If you are alone in your group 3 second cast can be a little too long regardin of certain class/characters dps burst who can burn their target in one only second.
In this case, you have to stop the AOE heal cast and use the bubble absorb or "shrug it off" but if there are too many focused players like this in your group you are dead.
That why it's better to have 2 healers in group...

Here I don't speak about shaman DPS or heal/dps, who I don't know anything.
Last edited by flintboth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 am

No sham/am in heal spec has the free gcd to cast multiple stat debuffs, because they are busy healing and can't risk to waste ap on spells easily disrupted due to low intel. Under pressure, every gcd is better used on a heal, than on some attribute debuff.
Dying is no option.

flintboth

Post#4 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:31 am

You can do it in certain battle, as I say not against blob or in certain battle.

I do it every time I can and it is more fun to play like this (for me).

But free to you enjoy spammin two key .
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)