Recent Topics

Ads

WH/WE - tactics imbalance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
abezverkhiy

WH/WE - tactics imbalance

Post#1 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:46 am

Hi guys,

I have played WH for very long but I have never been interested in WE abilities until today.

I found out that WEs have a very strong advantage over WHs - tactic Swift Movements reduces cooldown of Feinted Positioning by 40(!) seconds. Feinted Positioning is one of key abilities of WH/WE but one side has cooldown of 1 min and the other 20 sec. This is bloody unfair! I mean WH has to time this ability while WE can couple it with Elixir of Insane Power and have constantly super armor ignore perk!

Another tactic I wish WHs had (and WEs have) is Septic Blade - the one that reduces critical chance by 25%. It makes Envenomed Blade a really important ability whereas its mirror Fervor is plain useless without such tactic and I bet most WHs remove it from ability bars.

Both tactics are easy to get, they are at first tier of tactics obtainable with mastery points. And they make WE really dangerous opponent.

Hope this imbalance will be noted and addressed at some moment of time.
Thank you.

P.S. And since you may ask "So what's your proposal?" I say throw away WH's 1st tactics related to Confess and Absolution and replace them with Septic Blade and Swift Movements respectively. Other differences between WH and WE are not so striking.
Last edited by abezverkhiy on Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Tom

Re: WH/WE - tactics imbalance

Post#2 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm

WH has things WE doesn't have.. and mirrors are dull, but that said, I dare suggest that the two tactics you mention are probably hardly used by anone. Don't forget you have plenty of other tactics too choose from.

With only four tactic slots available I wouldn't consider either, for any build or stage of my WE's career. Am currently re-ranking my WE so its a lowbie still, but my old Mikkyo, (same name) was 40/rr 81 when i deleted it and I never, ever contemplated those tactics.

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:05 pm

I would have both if WHs had them. Plus Vindication and Brute Force.

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:11 pm

WH is the only class that can be invisible to all though. WEs can be detected by WHs. Always thought that was a massive advantage!

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:17 pm

and WH has BAL burst
and WH has Epic/City weapon with Offhand armor proc (WE with worse mainhand only version most ignore)
and WH gets double Subju procs for more proc dmg, WE gets identical daggers with no proc stacking

Witchbrew has been nerfed to such extent not sure why even bother with that, but similarly Exit Wound just doesn't kick here like it did on live.

In the end the differences are abysmal. Both are still "good" for 1v1 fights, bit "okayish" for 6mans and outright terribad in largescale/pvegrinding.

abezverkhiy

Post#6 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:11 pm WH is the only class that can be invisible to all though. WEs can be detected by WHs. Always thought that was a massive advantage!
Get enough Ini and you will detect us. WHs do not have a special tactic or skill to be undetectable.

abezverkhiy

Post#7 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:25 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:17 pm and WH has BAL burst
and WH has Epic/City weapon with Offhand armor proc (WE with worse mainhand only version most ignore)
and WH gets double Subju procs for more proc dmg, WE gets identical daggers with no proc stacking

Witchbrew has been nerfed to such extent not sure why even bother with that, but similarly Exit Wound just doesn't kick here like it did on live.

In the end the differences are abysmal. Both are still "good" for 1v1 fights, bit "okayish" for 6mans and outright terribad in largescale/pvegrinding.
Yeah in largescale fights I stopped playing WH after I levelled Engi and WP. WH is not meant for that.

Speaking of BAL burst - yeah, it is there but it is timed, dispelable and the ability is just too far for every WH to get. I personally do not bother with it. While two tactics I mentioned are easy to reach and make me real envy.

DanielWinner

Post#8 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Just a reminder that all balance suggestions should go to Balance Forum.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:33 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm Just a reminder that all balance suggestions should go to Balance Forum.
My apologies mate. I saw topics on Slayer/Choppa and AM/SHA balance in this section of the forum and thought it would be alright to post my feedback here. Afterall it is feedback too.

If you could move it to a respective subforum - please do so.

DanielWinner

Post#10 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:33 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm Just a reminder that all balance suggestions should go to Balance Forum.
My apologies mate. I saw topics on Slayer/Choppa and AM/SHA balance in this section of the forum and thought it would be alright to post my feedback here. Afterall it is feedback too.

If you could move it to a respective subforum - please do so.
You need to make a structured proposal with clear points and solution there.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha