Recent Topics

Ads

XP Gain switch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zachary

XP Gain switch

Post#1 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:47 am

I'd like to suggest a simple switch in settings somewhere that turns off XP gain.

The goal would be to let me make a character to play in T1 (or T2/T3) more permanently.

Sometimes I really like the simplicity of T1 RvR, but if I play it too much, I'm sure to level out of it pretty quickly. Yes, I know about the scrolls that reduce XP gain by 75%, but a full-on switch is a much better solution.

Other effects:
1. Allow a character that played only PvE at first to switch to RvR and boost their RR to try and 'catch up' to their PvE level.
2. It would make rare lower-level gear more valuable, as it could potentially have a much longer useful lifetime for a character
3. It would allow groups of friends to keep their characters at the same level, by turning off XP gain whenever they're not together, while still allowing individuals in that group to solo - yes they could make another character, but it would be better if they could improve their playing skills on the character they have.

Thanks for your consideration.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: XP Gain switch

Post#2 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 am

It will never happen, twinks are not something that we want in RoR.

zachary

Post#3 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:37 am

Not having such a switch doesn't stop twinks. It _does_ avoid all the benefits I listed.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

sioding
Game Master

Post#4 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 am

discussed a lot - and also answered. It will not happen.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Warfare80

Post#5 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:52 am

Twinks kill the fun for any new player, or others who lvl up their alts.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************