Recent Topics

Ads

Tapered bolster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NoRKaLKiLLa

Tapered bolster

Post#1 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:01 pm

If it were up to me in rvr and scenarios lower leveled players would have the following bolster

31=48
32=47
33=46
34=45
35=44
36=43
37=42
38=41

Reaching 31 is currently akin to a head on collision with a semi truck. A tapered bolster in conjunction with tactic slots opening up at 9 lower levels than they do now and allowing all level 32+ players access to their m4's (along with my proposed change to allow use of every m4 available to a class without speccing into it) would give lower leveled players a fighting chance to survive and contribute to the fight.
Last edited by NoRKaLKiLLa on Thu May 09, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Tapered bolster

Post#2 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm

While experienced players shouldn't have any trouble stepping into t4 at lvl 31, I think this is a very good way to support newer players to ease their way into t4.
I already wrote in the other thread, the starting rank has to be 31, because this is where you lose the current bolster. :)
Added tactic slots, only when being in rvr/sc, sounds like a good idea too.

I am strongly against any additional mastery morals. Those don't help lowlvl players, because most fights happen too fast for them to matter and artificially adding moral skills of trees without invested points sounds unreasonable to me.
Dying is no option.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#3 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Amended OP to reflect Sulories comment, however I still strongly feel that level 31-39 players, if given access to all morale abilties (which with my proposed changes, ALL players including level 40 players would have access to) would give them a more competitive edge and a place in warbands.

Stophy22

Post#4 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:11 am

I’m all for this. I think what’s important to games in general is playerbase. Helping the new players feel apart of the playerbase is important and I think when people hit the 31-40 grind that feeling of “why do I even try” can creep up oh so easily. It’s like the other person said any experienced player shouldn’t have a problem preforming in t4, but the system should be friendly enough to new players because the expectancy should be whoever isn’t max level is new. I know this isn’t the case a lot of the time but If you assume new players know how: to play the game, how to que for SC, how to find rvr lakes, without ever telling them it could be a problem. A little off topic as we’re talking about lvl 31s who should have familiarity with these concepts but the main point is the game has to be friendly to new playerbase otherwise it’ll never grow. Those new level 31s won’t feel apart of the playerbase if they can’t impact the game at all, and it’s hard to impact the game when you are looking at a release screen. Yes a lot of it boils down to personal skill etc. if nothing at all I think it would be worth a test for like a week?

I’m kind of speaking out for the feelings of people I’ve introduced the game to who haven’t made it past the “31-40 trials.” Or just anyone in general who feels lost and helpless at that beginner t4 stage.

Nothing will stop an organized premade from farming easy targets but I’m all for making lower level players a little stronger for the sake of the inexperienced and weary.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:51 pm

The bolster doesn't sound like a bad idea, I've noticed that once players hit level 31 they tend to run from solo encounters at a higher rate than they do at lower levels.

Not too sure about the top end Mastery Morales idea tho. While I'd love to have the chance to use them all, allowing free use of them may lead to players abusing them (myself included). Also, what would you suggest they be replaced with? Without them at rank 15 what would be the point of placing points in a path past rank 13?
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

zachary

Post#6 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:49 am

I'm +1 on this - a taper instead of a cliff seems like a reasonable thing.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play