Recent Topics

Ads

Make renown pots buyable with gold

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
dalen
Developer

Make renown pots buyable with gold

Post#1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am

I propose making the 25%, 3 day renown pots buyable with gold. My suggested price would be 50g.

This would solve two problems:
  • There is a lack of gold sinks in the game, this would create one without creating any unfair advantage.
  • It would make these pots more accessible for people that do more SCs or PvE.
Nothing more to this suggestion really, pretty small change.
Source Developer

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Make renown pots buyable with gold

Post#2 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:04 pm

I'd prefer seals to go away entirely and make them purchasable with vanq and opp currency, personally

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Seals were initially implemented as a carrot for t2/t3 out of concern that players would not take as kindly to the merged campaign. Certainly not an issue we need to worry about. They could go, imo.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Akilinus

Post#4 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm

I feel like they should be tied to PvE somehow
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#5 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Akilinus wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm I feel like they should be tied to PvE somehow
I was thinking the same.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Stickzy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm
Akilinus wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm I feel like they should be tied to PvE somehow
I was thinking the same.

I think both of you should look out for that edge, fingers are useful.

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Would remove the pots seal cost, and make them cost Redeye tokens, which you'd get for killing a Gunbad boss (maybe no quest, wondering if its possible to count boss death as "event" that grants said Redeye token to players present in boss instance room). Then allow Gunbad to have bolster, so that even rank 31s "T4" early chars have a chance. Increased incentives to get people interested in running dungeons even in early T4. Then since its """harder""" now for some to get their Renown pots, increase duration to 7days.
People will still get these pots with minimal effort (vs current join a leechtrain and zerg ppl in t2 t3 zones), and more people will be encouraged to run Gunbad and help people get warded in the process.
Kill 4 bosses, earn pots to last 28 days in total, run 3/3 Gunbads to get wards, earn enough pots to last months.

dalen
Developer

Post#8 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 pm

To clarify, the suggestion is to add another way to buy them. Not to remove the existing.
Source Developer

Ads
Stophy22

Post#9 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 pm Would remove the pots seal cost, and make them cost Redeye tokens, which you'd get for killing a Gunbad boss (maybe no quest, wondering if its possible to count boss death as "event" that grants said Redeye token to players present in boss instance room). Then allow Gunbad to have bolster, so that even rank 31s "T4" early chars have a chance. Increased incentives to get people interested in running dungeons even in early T4. Then since its """harder""" now for some to get their Renown pots, increase duration to 7days.
People will still get these pots with minimal effort (vs current join a leechtrain and zerg ppl in t2 t3 zones), and more people will be encouraged to run Gunbad and help people get warded in the process.
Kill 4 bosses, earn pots to last 28 days in total, run 3/3 Gunbads to get wards, earn enough pots to last months.
I like this the most. It allows players who just enter t4 to get geared “defensively”. This is a valuable option for people who are smart to not become fodder and higher level players to engage with lower level players and still benefit. Kinda goes with the whole RoR ideal where you don’t want the power creep to be too vast between fresh 40’s and older level 40s. Red eye would kind of take the place for ruin if this change happened, and I don’t think many would be disappointed.
My 2 cents
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Akilinus

Post#10 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 pm
Stickzy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm
I was thinking the same.

I think both of you should look out for that edge, fingers are useful.
?
Im just a big pve fan
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman