Recent Topics

Ads

[Tanks] Tactic to make Throwing Axe scale with str instead of ballistic.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adamthelc

Re: [Tanks] Tactic to make Throwing Axe scale with str instead of ballistic.

Post#21 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:26 am

I think the ability performs its intended purpose perfectly as is. It's supposed to be mostly garbage damage except for the occasional instance where someone who is about to die is running away from you.

Besides that it allows melee to stay in combat or keeps someone from mounting.

Making it more useful than it already is seems unneccessary and more than a little goofy. Doesnt really matter to me though and I think it would be pretty amusing seeing tanks using their little throwing axes instead of HTL. Mostly because it would be an absurd sight.

Ads
Esperflame

Post#22 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:30 am

drmordread wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 am Well hell ... they made the Squig Herder and Shadow Warrior into tank with pounce, how much sillier is this?
I fixed your comment. Your order bias is showing.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Manatikik

Post#23 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:10 am

Esperflame wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:30 am
drmordread wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 am Well hell ... they made the Squig Herder and Shadow Warrior into tank with pounce, how much sillier is this?
Everyone is biased to destro or order and anyone who claims not to be is lying to someone. It’s just natural to like one side more than the other.
<Montague><Capulet>

adamthelc

Post#24 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:13 am

I dont think that's true. Well actually I KNOW thats not true, but I cant speak for the majority so I dont know to what extent it's not true.

It's pretty easy to spot people who arent objective.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#25 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:22 am

It all really comes to: what does zaxxond think?

drmordread
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:03 am

drmordread wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 am Well hell ... they made the Squig Herderinto tank with pounce, and gave the Shadow Warrior some crap abilities that no one even thinks about speccing into, how much sillier is this?
You are right, it did need fixing. I did it. TY. And yes, I am right. The Squig Herder is now an mdps class with tank armor, unlimited pounce and escape, and aoe kd ....

and some destro thinks "" I "" am biased? Please!!!! Most OP classes are all destro. Has been from launch of live. But destro players are never happy. Only way to make destro players happy is for them to never die. White Lions ... destroyed by nerf and Squig Herder made into an endless pounce machine. Shadow Warriors, destroyed by moving a simple ability that is needed so high on the skirmish tree that no one playing SW can get a viable mix of trees anymore.... basically destroying the class. Squig Herder given mdps damage and tank heavy armor. Pffftttt .... no worries, give destro tanks MORE cc by adding snare to their axe toss. And let's see what other crack pot idea some crying destro will come up with.

And still destro cry ....
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

zageen

Post#27 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 am

Twelves inches unbuffed

Zag 40/83 chosen
Zagm 40/6X mara

Legion of Boom

Zageen 40/7X SM
Diabolomenthe 40/6X KOTBS

Smellybelly

Post#28 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:49 am

This is commonly known as a non issue x)

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 am

why must every discussion ever turn into order bias/muh 6v6/mara is op

this is why we can't have nice things

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am

drmordread wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:03 am
drmordread wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 am Well hell ... they made the Squig Herderinto tank with pounce, and gave the Shadow Warrior some crap abilities that no one even thinks about speccing into, how much sillier is this?
You are right, it did need fixing. I did it. TY. And yes, I am right. The Squig Herder is now an mdps class with tank armor, unlimited pounce and escape, and aoe kd ....

and some destro thinks "" I "" am biased? Please!!!! Most OP classes are all destro. Has been from launch of live. But destro players are never happy. Only way to make destro players happy is for them to never die. White Lions ... destroyed by nerf and Squig Herder made into an endless pounce machine. Shadow Warriors, destroyed by moving a simple ability that is needed so high on the skirmish tree that no one playing SW can get a viable mix of trees anymore.... basically destroying the class. Squig Herder given mdps damage and tank heavy armor. Pffftttt .... no worries, give destro tanks MORE cc by adding snare to their axe toss. And let's see what other crack pot idea some crying destro will come up with.

And still destro cry ....
The amount of utter nonsense in this is staggering: melee SH does not have an AoE KD, his ST damage is not as good as other MDPS (this includes melee SW!!), endless pounce also exists on Loner WL, Order tanks have more potent/accessible CC than their Destro counterparts (KOBS permasnare anyone?), melee SW can also achieve incredibly high armor values - the list goes on.

Please stop with the incessant, baseless accusations of one realm being vastly superior to the other; take off the rose-tinted, realm-biased glasses for once, and you'll see that both realms have access to their own unique goodies.