Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Leveling from 16 to 31.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Greywolfamakir

[Suggestion] Leveling from 16 to 31.

Post#1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello.

Leveling from lvl 16 to 31 is a pain in the ass if you like just pvp, i mean, if you dont like to PVE quest, SC queue sometimes takes less than 1 min but sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes. If you don't have a lot of time to play it turns into a really frustating or discouraging experience.

So i suggest something like EXP bonus during weekends (All weekends). It'd help people wich can't play more than 1 hour during business days. I'm not talking about Reputation, just EXP.

I think that suggestion will increase the amount of people playing SCs from level 16 to 31 and it'll help to people with friends since they can play together earlier.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: [Suggestion] Leveling from 16 to 31.

Post#2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 pm

God no, not more xp than we already have. SC already give absurdly high xp. When you want to do pvp, make sc group, then queue times are faster and do rvr in the meantime.
Dying is no option.

jonspidy

Post#3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Agreed 100% not sure what timezone you're in but for me as a NA player T1-T3 Sc's are dead.
PvE is a little too slow imo. Like iv'e said countless times in my previous posts, why not add a pocket item that increases Xp gain?

They had one on live (yes i know this isn't like live) but i don't see the harm in adding it here. They have the item that reduces Xp gain, why not add one that increases it?
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

adamthelc

Post#4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:50 pm

When scenarios are happening the tier is good. It's boring otherwise. But I dont think the gains need to be adjusted.

The occasional xp weekend is fun, but mostly because it just adds to the population of that tier.

zachary

Post#5 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 pm

If you want regular XP, grind quests. At an hour a day you can easily make at least a level a day, I think. I know I was able to run my Black Orc up to 30 pretty quickly with just quests and the accompanying slaughter.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

jonspidy

Post#6 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:50 pm When scenarios are happening the tier is good. It's boring otherwise. But I dont think the gains need to be adjusted.

The occasional xp weekend is fun, but mostly because it just adds to the population of that tier.
oh i agree with you, when scenarios are happening its definitely good, however most of the time (that im on NA time) they aren't. Not asking for an overall Xp buff but for an option to increase Xp for those who would want it. Which can be applied only to PvE kills or something.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Stortz

Post#7 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

if you make a bombing squad and go to a place with a lot of champions you can get to 40 in a couple of hours

I've done years ago a bomb squad in Black Crag
and I've recently seen people doing it on Thunder Mountain

Groomahr

Post#8 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 am

An actual T2 would be the solution to this problem.
They should give T2 to the lowbies, as it has always been intended. I understand why the later tiers have been merged back in the day, BUT:
  • There are more players on the server now, than it has been before. I think when city sieges are coming online, it would be better to give high level players T3+T4+Forts+Cities, and include T2 in the lower bracket. We may have the numbers for it, and with cities and forts, that's a big enough playground alltogether for high levels.
  • T2 plays a very important role in the learning curve of the game! Ppl leaving T1 have no idea about forts, sieges/siege weapons, lords, keep stars, etc. And getting in the middle of the war of the big guys, as soon as leaving T1 behind, can be very very discouraging and frustrating tbh. This may be the biggest turn off for new ppl arriving to the game. Though I'm not sure how much of a priority is to get new ppl into the game for the devs. Or the community actually.
  • T2 has never been designed to accomodate as many players/wbs as it has to nowadays, when actually it's not dead. It's either dead or overcrowded, while it's been may be the best part of leveling toons on live server back in the day.
So having the option to play RVR in T2 for players between 16-30, would be a perfect solution for this problem. Without gaving to worry on getting steamrolled with RR50-60+ dudes every 2 minutes, it could provide a very nice and satisfying experience actually. Having lvl16+ players in T3-T4 wb is just something that everyone hates tbh, both lvl40s to have lowbies in their party, and lowbies to be forced to play in a game they have no real fittin place - well, except for cannon fodder.

So, I may be wrong with all this, but I think this would actually help.
Last edited by Groomahr on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:20 am

Just allow the Rested bonus you get to be stacked five times?

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 am

Groomahr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 am
So having the option to play RVR in T2 for players between 16-30, would be a perfect solution for this problem. Without gaving to worry on getting steamrolled with RR50-60+ dudes every 2 minutes,
Lowlvls are not getting steamrolled because their rank. It's a lack of pvp experience and I don't mean rvr mechanics like keep ranking and stuff.
Many players don't use t1 to learn the basics of their class, either because pve grinding or questing or flag sitting, which luckily got changed.
When people leave t1 with lvl3 random drop jewels and some item slots empty, then those apparently don't dare to ask for help or just have no clue, that their gear is too poor to compete in pvp. :)
Dying is no option.