Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion to revert RvR lakes to RR ticks from BO's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
drmordread
Suspended

Suggestion to revert RvR lakes to RR ticks from BO's

Post#1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm

The entire argument of people AFK'ing and being rewarded is a false one. It never ever happened. As per game mechanics, if you are flagged AFK you do not receive XP/RR/INF ticks.

The RVR system in play requires for BO's to be held by players to rank a keep to 2 stars. Removing BO rewards leaves only fighting. So a player has to choose, gain renown and contribution by fighting, or gain zero renown and minimal contribution by sitting on a BO and hope someone comes along to fight.
In t1 the lack of rewards masses ALL players on one BO only. This slows everything down even more because as a plyer, I di not want to sit ona BO if there were no rewards, and neither did others as well.

Again, the argument that AFK players were being rewarded is not true at all. Game mechanics do not allow for AFK flagged players to gain RR/XP/INF from BO ticks.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Gangan

Re: Suggestion to revert RvR lakes to RR ticks from BO's

Post#2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:15 am

First off all, I think there should be some kind of reward for holding BOs for your realm. But atm I don't have a proper Idea how this should work.
Spoiler:

(Spoilered as it doesn't address topic directly)

It's true that not everyone standing on a BO is afk, but it's very simple to bypass the "afk-mode". A simple macro on a gamingmouse/keyboard and you can stand there afk and still get the ticks. I know it's forbidden in RoR, but that doesn't stop people from using it.
I leveled my Kotbs in t1 mainly by parking it on a BO near WC and tab out to do other stuff. Watching YouTube, doing my sportroutine, cooking, etc. Tabing in from time to time, move my mouse and that's it. (no macro needed)

On my T4 chars I was in countless situations where I arrived at a BO with some Pugs, waited on the flag, holding it to repair the door or whatever and ended up being killed by one or two order just because the 4 player standing next to me weren't reacting or reacting after half off us were dead. You could say they were afk.

Not everyone does it, but it happens, there are people standing on BOs afk. And it's easy to bypass the afk-restriction.

A lot of player seem to rely on the "protection of the herd". If there are 5 player on a flag, the chance that a solo-roamer will attack is rather low, so they go afk or at least don't pay attention to the game. Probably thinking "the other will protect me". Bad luck if all or most think this way. ;)
Spoiler:
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Nameless

Post#3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 am

lock timers on BOs scaling with aao \bigger the aao bigger the lock time is\
for each held BO all ppl at the zone for the realm will got periodically inf/rr/exp tick \one each 3-5 min\
So ppl will got initiative to go orvr and take BOs, the lock timer will guarantee rr ticks without the need someone to stay passively on the BO. Ofc to maintain BOs rr ticks the overpupulated realm should put some defenders otherwise underpopulated side will lock the BO for quite some time and will got the ticks and prevent other side to gain keep rank and stall the keep assault
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

vianiznice

Post#4 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 am

drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm The entire argument of people AFK'ing and being rewarded is a false one. It never ever happened. As per game mechanics, if you are flagged AFK you do not receive XP/RR/INF ticks.

Is this a joke?
Most people sitting on BOs are AFK, that's a fact.

Zanilos

Post#5 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:16 am

No No, I think that you should sit and guard BOs while I get a bonus and do what I want.

Dwanex

Post#6 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:18 am

vianiznice wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 am
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm The entire argument of people AFK'ing and being rewarded is a false one. It never ever happened. As per game mechanics, if you are flagged AFK you do not receive XP/RR/INF ticks.

Is this a joke?
Most people sitting on BOs are AFK, that's a fact.

Nah, he thinks when you press a button every one or two minutes you arent afk.

The changes are fine for now and people just need to adapt the new situation. There are way more fights now in the lakes and thats a good thing. Yes, maybe zones need to take longer now to flip because progress on 2stars is getting resetted a bit more often but thats fine for me. This game is about fighting and not about flipping zones every hour for the goldbags.

Fact is: There are alot of afk ppl on BO's before the patch. If you ever played a WH/WE you would know that. 3-4 ppl standing at a BO? NP, atleast 2 or 3 of them are afk and free RP's.

Telen
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:26 am

Why the **** should zerglings and try hards get a bonus from mindless zerging or ambushing solo players leaving wc while those that actually play objectives get **** all? You may aswell remove BOs... and keeps... why not add **** guns and make it a battle royale that what mindless kids like right? If people being afk is a problem tackle that problem dont remove one of the rewards for realm play.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:20 am

Before it turns in a ORvR on the forum, some additionnal mechanics around BOs are discussed atm. More infos to come when confirmed.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#9 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am

Dev team is not done yet. They will look at the current situation and adjust the system accordingly. There is no need for such feedback and suggestions on the next day after the patch, test it at least since it's not that game-breaking and even was asked for several times before.

You still want to comment on the last changes, stick to patch notes for now, please.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha