Recent Topics

Ads

feedback on dps zeal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
retekelek

feedback on dps zeal

Post#1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello i play my zealot as dps solo, smallscale, 6man or in wb aoe, rr77

A couple of patch ago most dps spells damage stats got corrected, that means the damage of spells went less.

I suggest buff them back a bit, since before the patch dps zeal was already a class that needs rr60-70+ and end gear to be viable to play it and wasn't overperforming at all compared to a same gear and rr pure dps class.

My scourge hited squshy targets for 1000-1100+ crit avrage and after the patch it went down around 800-ninehundred.
And around same scale of damage nerf on the other abilities.

Im not gona lie aoe spec was a bit op in certain situations, when you could land ur abilites on right spot right time it could put out a lot of damage+the debuffs for your wb. But that also compensated that 2 of your aoe spells have long cd and casting can interupted so, in an other hand you can be neutralized in that way.
But in my opinion its fine, if the aoe mastery tree abilities stay whit the reduced damage. Its still not bad damage+ you provide the debuffs. Pushing the class a bit more toward debuffer

But single target abilites has no reason to be this way, since class wasnt over performing.
Was hard to play it before, now im pretty close to accept its not really viable atm the single target spec.

Cheerz
(Dont know whats the situation whit RP but probably similar.)

Ads
machopi1

Re: feedback on dps zeal

Post#2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Well, get used it. Our divine codelords don't like non-meta fun. It's baaaaaaaaad.

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Alt classes really struggle with a cleanse heavy endgame, without a proper burst rotation or being dot heavy. The devs do keep talking about diversity but there are obvious mechanics that really lock none burst classes out.

retekelek

Post#4 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:37 pm

Telen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:25 pm Alt classes really struggle with a cleanse heavy endgame, without a proper burst rotation or being dot heavy. The devs do keep talking about diversity but there are obvious mechanics that really lock none burst classes out.
For me i had not bad burst before this patch, its a bit harder from that perspetive you say whit the cleanses, but not too much for zeal, its just around the 20% damage drop for us that hurtz a lot.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:01 pm

I messed around on Zealot recently I found that you could kite around and use the instant scourge tactic but once gcleanse became a thing the dot was getting cleansed off by wp alot. I feel some dots shouldnt be cleansable warp reality being one.

AxelF

Post#6 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Interestingly the RP equivalent isn't cleanable due to it being classed as 'damaging' rather than a hex/curse/ailment. Would be nice to see Warp Reality the same.

retekelek

Post#7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:29 am

Telen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:01 pm I messed around on Zealot recently I found that you could kite around and use the instant scourge tactic but once gcleanse became a thing the dot was getting cleansed off by wp alot. I feel some dots shouldnt be cleansable warp reality being one.
AxelF wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:17 pm Interestingly the RP equivalent isn't cleanable due to it being classed as 'damaging' rather than a hex/curse/ailment. Would be nice to see Warp Reality the same.
yeau i understand that, its bit pain, but when you have a party, other party members can also put up dots on target, so not every situation ur dot will be cleansed first. Also i dont know, RP has same tatic 20% on titc to make his "scourge" instant cast?

since if warp reality would be uncleansable than (lets say a 6vs6 situation) i would just dot all the 6 enemy fast, whit the 20% on thick make your scourge instant cast, matematically i could have insta scourge on gcd spam, which is i think would be a bit op.
Also that dont help to gain back lot on burst since of the global cooldown, you need to use some other spells too and all your damage is reduced(included scourge:) And push ballance in an unpredictable way

You can still do this if others chars doting their party, just whit the chance of getting cleansed.
My problem is the 20% damage drop, since before that u could have a not bad burst, other kinds of dps-es did better, but it was still pretty close to their damage output and the compesation for the less was the healdebuff/6secstagger/ranged snare/silience,you provide for the team. Also part of the burst come from the warp really thicks-insta scourge mechanic, which is based on luck.
But atm the gap is bigger between the zeal and the pure dps which make the dps zeal not viable to run, beside the others reasons like healdebuff and i wrote you still filling the a dps spot in party and have to have good damage to be able to kill someone in a 6vs6