Recent Topics

Ads

Reserved healer/tank slots in fortress

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Joies

Reserved healer/tank slots in fortress

Post#1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:52 am

I noticed that fortress que (reservation) does not filter Archetyp. This leads to 90% wrong group compensitions. To prevent random ("pug") warbands with only 1 healer/tank each group, there needs to be some archetyp filter like in the sc que >>>2/2/2 setup (or close to it). This will make sure the attackers/defenders have actually a chance of succeding.

Of course that would lead to not all been able to join the fortress even at high contribution, but atleast the ones that manage to join have actually a chance of succeding and dont fail duo to wrong setup >> only 3/4 healers or tanks each warband.

I think that overall this will make the fortress experience better for everybody.

It could work like that:

First 5 minutes the x resereved spots for each archetyp gets filled (first with highest contribution, then the leftovers x archetyp needed) after that free for all >> best clicker gets the spot
Last edited by Joies on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: 2/2/2 Setup fortress que'ing

Post#2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:08 am

The free-for-all slots could be based on archetype but some visual feedback, what class is needed, would be helpful.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:11 am

Joies wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:52 am I noticed that fortress que (reservation) does not filter Archetyp. This leads to 90% wrong group compensitions. To prevent random ("pug") warbands with only 1 healer/tank each group, there needs to be some archetyp filter like in the sc que >>>2/2/2 setup (or close to it). This will make sure the attackers/defenders have actually a chance of succeding.

Of course that would lead to not all been able to join the fortress even at high contribution, but atleast the ones that manage to join have actually a chance of succeding and dont fail duo to wrong setup >> only 3/4 healers or tanks each warband.

I think that overall this will make the fortress experience better for everybody.

It could work like that:

First 5 minutes the x resereved spots for each archetyp gets filled (first with highest contribution, then the leftovers x archetyp needed) after that free for all >> best clicker gets the spot
Is there something wrong with pugs getting spots? I know its not optimal groups but if they have the highest contribution in the previous zone I dont see why the pug group should be excluded as they managed to then beat a more optimal group in contribution or they worked harder in that zone.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 am

Natherul wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:11 am
Joies wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:52 am I noticed that fortress que (reservation) does not filter Archetyp. This leads to 90% wrong group compensitions. To prevent random ("pug") warbands with only 1 healer/tank each group, there needs to be some archetyp filter like in the sc que >>>2/2/2 setup (or close to it). This will make sure the attackers/defenders have actually a chance of succeding.

It could work like that:

Is there something wrong with pugs getting spots? I know its not optimal groups but if they have the highest contribution in the previous zone I dont see why the pug group should be excluded as they managed to then beat a more optimal group in contribution or they worked harder in that zone.
Currently both sides want to go to fort, so beating someone in the lakes doesn't mean much. It is pretty normal, that built warbands with good class balance face pug warbands and no class balance at all. In such a case step3 is done in 15 minutes.
Basically it boils down to players not forming proper warbands on either side but your members have only a chance to get enough contri, when they fought in zone the whole time. Any healer or tank who joins later, maybe when someone else dropped warband to log off, has no basically chance and breaks your warband setup.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 am

It could work like that:

Currently both sides want to go to fort, so beating someone in the lakes doesn't mean much. It is pretty normal, that built warbands with good class balance face pug warbands and no class balance at all. In such a case step3 is done in 15 minutes.
Basically it boils down to players not forming proper warbands on either side but your members have only a chance to get enough contri, when they fought in zone the whole time. Any healer or tank who joins later, maybe when someone else dropped warband to log off, has no basically chance and breaks your warband setup.
Yes but Id argue that those players who joined later deserves it less if they cant get up to the others in contrib. Would you like if your "spot" was taken by someone who just joined if you fought for 3h in a zone?

Nekkma

Post#6 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am

I like the idea.

Contribution has nothing to do with performance or working hard btw. Decided to do my first fort yesterday and joined a wb for the BC assault. I basically did nothing as i played my wl which isn't really helpfull in a wb at keeps. Yet I got 20k renown for the keep and considertable contribution. I typically get a forth of that when I am solo or in a group, actively hunting and killing.

You design regular pve encounters with the trinity in mind. I can't see that the forts should be any different. Also, "pug" does not mean that you should ignore the fundamentals of the game. A pick up group should of course strive for a trinity composition.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Joies

Post#7 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 am

It could work like that:

you got me wrong. I didnt said anything against pugs just that they are usualy bad grped aka only 3 healer in a warband. I made this suggestion because I do "pug" myself and find myself often in warbands with only 3-4 healers... to prevent this you could filter the preservation archetyp based ->> making sure enough healer/tanks get inside.

It´s just frustrating to fail duo to bad group compensition.

Ever tried to heal solo a grp with the lord cc´ing mad ?
You can imanige its bad, having a full warband with only 1 healer in a grp ---> fail chance very very very high.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 am

Natherul wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am Yes but Id argue that those players who joined later deserves it less if they cant get up to the others in contrib. Would you like if your "spot" was taken by someone who just joined if you fought for 3h in a zone?
When you end in a warband with 75% dps classes and a guaranteed loss, then some restrictions could only improve the experience. As this archetype restriction would only work after 5 minutes, anyone could join anyway without contribution. It would only stop more dps to join fort, when heals or tanks are needed.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 am

Would it be easier for you guys to build a system that prevents too many WE/WHs/WL/2hander tanks from entering Fort so you can have more useful classes inside, or would it be easier to change balance so that even currently "trash" rated warband classes become useful inside Forts, which mostly consist of massive blob formations during Stage 2 and massive 45 min long funnel during Stage 3?

Feru
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:49 pm

x-realmers cool kids deserve all goodies ;p
2/2/2 pros need prio over dps nubs playing hours in same realm...