Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Vaul's Tempering

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stortz

[SM] Vaul's Tempering

Post#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 am

For a 13 point ability it's very lacking, it's duration is too short
My suggestion would be to change the buff from 3 to 5 seconds
Make it require Shield

Ads
Ramasee

Re: [SM] Vaul's Tempering

Post#2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:32 am

List out the full implications of changing the effect from 3s to 5s in related to uptime, reaction time, power increase per target in relation to the values of other 13 pters.

Your post might get more attention if you are capable of fully explaining why you think such a change is necessary and why it is "lacking"

Stortz

Post#3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Ramasee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:32 am List out the full implications of changing the effect from 3s to 5s in related to uptime, reaction time, power increase per target in relation to the values of other 13 pters.

Your post might get more attention if you are capable of fully explaining why you think such a change is necessary and why it is "lacking"
Becaue of latency
Timing a 5 second buff is a lot easier than a 3 seconds one, what can you do in a 3 second window? Maybe move a little
Plus this is a group ability, I should be able to time it with my group and after they've heard me communicate it, react accordingly. 3 seconds means by the time I cast it, when people start acting on it, it's already over.

zgolec

Post#4 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:42 pm

It was 10 sec at first. |Which was kinda overkill but i agree - 3sec for 13 vaul is kinda joke,
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

anarchypark

Post#5 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 pm

it was originally 4s from crashing wave. you had to hit melee attack.
then it was 1s cast no target 7s duration. then 5s. then removed cast time. then 3s.
insta cast without target was huge improve.
5sec was kinda easy to use. 3sec is hard for high ping players.
maybe 4s? but it's not balance forum so...
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ramasee

Post#6 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm

The way you have described it, you use the ability, then communicate you have used it, then your group responds would be an improper way to communicate usage of an ability.

The correct course of action would be saying "I am going to use this ability in Xseconds", or time it down, or even say next GCD (that's 1.5s), or possibly have a condition on which you should trigger it. For example you would never say I have used Raze! and then wait for your team to respond in kind.

You can do 2 or 3 abilities (if you are capable of pulling off the 1.1s GCD) in 3 seconds.

Tesq

Post#7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 pm

he's right an immunity lasting less than 4-5 sec it's not possible to time with anything. the problem of the skill lasting 3 sec is due it just does too many things and as such to make it balanced 3 sec is what you got.

-it would had been better make it immune to all hard cc ( and so exept snare ) especially punt and slap it a 5 sec duration. that way it could be timed and used by the whole group and would have a use in small scale to, aka 5/10 sec is half the time for the assist/focus before swap monto something else.

-or either halve all cc effect on you either in duration or in lengh for punts.

Collateral

Post#8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:03 pm

I agree. You don't have to provide a scientific journal to understand the ability is lacking (same for the BO mirror). Such a short duration is virtually useless in mass rvr, and I imagine that's where the devs intended it to be used in. What you said Ramasee is simply impossible to pull of, every time, perfectly (I would venture to say that a great majority of time you won't be able to pull it off like that, even with perfect players). Players should have at least a bit of leeway when an effect is active. Three seconds definitely doesn't give you much leeway to act, if any at all. And that's not even considering lag, latency etc. I think 5 seconds is perfectly reasonable for a 13 point ability. But I guess devs won't make any change unless you specifically make a balance proposal.

Ads
Stortz

Post#9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Ramasee wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm The way you have described it, you use the ability, then communicate you have used it, then your group responds would be an improper way to communicate usage of an ability.

The correct course of action would be saying "I am going to use this ability in Xseconds", or time it down, or even say next GCD (that's 1.5s), or possibly have a condition on which you should trigger it. For example you would never say I have used Raze! and then wait for your team to respond in kind.

You can do 2 or 3 abilities (if you are capable of pulling off the 1.1s GCD) in 3 seconds.
My point is that, even with the way you described ( anticipating it rather than seeing the buff pop ), what can you do in those 3 seconds? (that look more like 2 for the SM, since we still have the ability cooldown ) Are you going to push your front-line inside a keep? You won't make it 1 meter inside, the AOE snare from shaman will get you. I don't think you can even escape from inside that snare in 3 seconds moving at normal speed.

If this is a coordinated movement ability, give it Shield requirement + 20s cooldown and let people have some moving time. 5 seconds duration is a more than enough buff. It's the last ability of the tree, it should get a larger traction.

-
But I guess devs won't make any change unless you specifically make a balance proposal.
Is this not the sub forum for this?
If not, some mod could move the topic

Tesq

Post#10 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:40 am

You need to make a structured proposal
following the format in balance section tought it may lay there forever or be oke of the random thing that go into discussion..or get moved immediatly in pending review.