Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Two SW QoL changes from Australia (they get worse with high ping)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jevanko

[Suggestion] Two SW QoL changes from Australia (they get worse with high ping)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:09 pm

So playing with 300+ ping there are two issues that SW has that become extra annoying.
These don't apply to SH as they have small differences in how these two abilities work.

1 Whirling pin doesn't work 50% of the time or takes about 1,5 seconds to actually knockback after the animation comes out. Playing SH the difference is night and day. The SH one instantly knocks back on animation playing, so it is possible, but there is just a minor difference in how the abilities are programmed. For a high ping player, my whirling pin is pretty much useless how it is now. By the time it did all the checks I am already 2 or 3 gcd's further, guaranteeing being snared/kd or dead.

2 Applying Shadow Sting with Broadhead Arrow is a nightmare as it stands.The usual SH/SW rotation is apply BHA then follow up with SS. However, the SH flight time on 'yer bleedin is very little, so the follow up can be much quicker. With BHA however, it can take a significant amount of time close to a second, with my high ping the check for an ailment needs to come through as well before I can apply SS. In practice this means I am waiting for one full GCD before I can apply shadow sting most of the time. The feel for this is just super frustrating.

Neither of these changes are big balance changes, they are just fixes to QoL and would make playing SW from Australia a lot more enjoyable.
One of the Best Friends

Ads
Diomedes8183

Re: [Suggestion] Two SW QoL changes from Australia (they get worse with high ping)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:17 pm

The ping can be tough to overcome for some classes. If you can you should try a VPN. Server is in France.

saupreusse
Developer

Re: [Suggestion] Two SW QoL changes from Australia (they get worse with high ping)

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 pm

I suggested similar things a year ago.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 pm I suggested similar things a year ago.
Last couple weeks I’ve noticed you can apply SS before BHA debuff is showing up and saving like a GCD now. Maybe the server performance tweaks were the cause but it’s really improving play.
<Montague><Capulet>

Jevanko

Post#5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Diomedes8183 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:17 pm The ping can be tough to overcome for some classes. If you can you should try a VPN. Server is in France.
I do.
I have tried both with vpn and without but can't say i notice the difference.
Ping is about the same.
One of the Best Friends