Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Spawn Campers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stinkyweed

Re: Fort Spawn Campers

Post#51 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm

As long as they corpse jump Zaxxond as he likes to do to everyone else, I say let it happen :P
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#52 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Stinkyweed wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm As long as they corpse jump Zaxxond as he likes to do to everyone else, I say let it happen :P

Sorry I upset you into making this post. I hope fatherhood is treating you well and you are enjoying being parent as much as I do.

Stinkyweed

Post#53 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 pm
Stinkyweed wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm As long as they corpse jump Zaxxond as he likes to do to everyone else, I say let it happen :P

Sorry I upset you into making this post. I hope fatherhood is treating you well and you are enjoying being parent as much as I do.
Lol, not me...not much in this game gets me mad. Some others take it a bit personally though.

Mindless zerging and spawn camping really aren't my style. I am not sure why people grief others. ...without those others, it's a pretty boring game.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Zaxxond

Post#54 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Stinkyweed wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm
Zaxxond wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Lol, not me...not much in this game gets me mad. Some others take it a bit personally though.

Mindless zerging and spawn camping really aren't my style. I am not sure why people grief others. ...without those others, it's a pretty boring game.
Not much gets me mad in this game either. I agree, those others make the game fun. And I know I didn't upset you. Good to see you back in the game more too.

Martok

Post#55 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Cumb by ya...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Luuca

Post#56 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 am

Really, it all boils down to the Zealot M1 being OP. If you fix the Zealot M1 first, then all these minor issues will practically solve themselves. Just my opinion, of course.

Naharis

Post#57 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 am

Luuca wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 am Really, it all boils down to the Zealot M1 being OP. If you fix the Zealot M1 first, then all these minor issues will practically solve themselves. Just my opinion, of course.
oh i see how it is...horde of Zealots camping order at the spawn! Unacceptable!! How dare they?!?
Naharis - Zealot RR 80+
Nahariz - RP RR 70+
Mhoanaz - Dok RR 80+
Mhoana - WP RR 70+

adamthelc

Post#58 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:56 am

From a thematic perspective it makes sense that an army that ignores its line of supply will suffer and be cut off.

From a gameplay perspective its cheesy getting bombed before you have a chance to react.

It would be better if the attacking players were unable to respawn as long as there are only defenders in the spawn area.

It really just depends on the intention of the design. If the attackers are supposed to use some of their manpower on keeping the respawn area clear, then it seems like a non issue. If they are supposed to need all manpower actively attacking the lord, then there should be guards or something protecting the spawn area.

Ads
Stortz

Post#59 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 am

if you're getting spawn camped, it's a sign of a fortress victory
last Sunday we had a failed Maw push with 0 spawn camping, destro stuck together and organized an incredible defense
then we pushed chaos wastes immediately after, went to the Maw again; full warband camping the spawn; they wiped on the first lord push in the most embarrassing defense I've ever seen in 11 years playing this game, absolutely pathetic.

I say let them spawn camp! Just spam release, die 50 times if needed, but ground that group there, they have no idea how much impact they would do if they were up in the lord room. :lol:

Luuca

Post#60 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 am

In all seriousness, this is not an Us vs Them situation. We are all in this game, this Alpha together and no one wants to see the population bicker over such a stupid and clearly unfair thing as being killed while still on the loading screen.

Moving the spawn point to an area wherein this Loading Screen Death can and will still occur is no solution at all. It simply moves the issue. The change must be "prison" for attackers. A place wherein they cannot be damaged while respawning, but that be camped once they are spawned and running out.

Call it a Hospital. A large thematically correct tent wherein attackers spawn, away from the defender's prison, but in that outer area. Protected by a magical force field, the attackers can respawn, make their way out into the lake, but once they leave, they cannot reenter the tent unless they die and respawn. No guards to exploit, but a safe respawn area.