Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Spawn Campers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Martok

Re: Fort Spawn Campers

Post#11 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm

For what it is worth I agree with Zaxxed on this one. There is a legitimate reason for a number of Attacking players to camp near the prison, to help keep those imprisoned imprisoned. But camping a spawn point, which at one time was possible at the Order spawn in the Nordenwatch SC until that hole was plugged, is lame.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 am

Order already have free bag at fort atleast 3times every NA night.... why should it be even more easyer?
]

Sulorie

Post#13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am

What stops order from leaving fort and killing those spawn campers?
Dying is no option.

wachlarz

Post#14 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:34 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am What stops order from leaving fort and killing those spawn campers?
Non-stop pressing portal button xd

Sahngar

Post#15 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 am

Spawn camping is bad and you should feel bad

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am

But in all seriousness: couldn't you amass your forces & friends to help fend off against those despicable farmers? Or are people 'locked' into Forts the moment they enter?

Nishka
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am But in all seriousness: couldn't you amass your forces & friends to help fend off against those despicable farmers? Or are people 'locked' into Forts the moment they enter?
I guess we should remove all spawn guards with such logic. "Just amass your friends and set the Praag WC free".
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Nishka wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am But in all seriousness: couldn't you amass your forces & friends to help fend off against those despicable farmers? Or are people 'locked' into Forts the moment they enter?
I guess we should remove all spawn guards with such logic. "Just amass your friends and set the Praag WC free".
Sounds great, actually!

Ads
Urdeg

Post#19 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:40 pm

From the standpoint of somebody getting griefed yeah that sucks. From a tactical standpoint there's no reason NOT to have a 6man interrupting the enemy's supply of respawn reinforcements.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Martok

Post#20 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

davispeed wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 amOrder already have free bag at fort atleast 3times every NA night.... why should it be even more easyer?

It isn't a question of being easy, it is a question of game mechanics. I recently posted a video highlighting a Fort Siege. During that video I had to re-spawn and did so while the forces of Destruction are at the spawn point. The video clearly shows Destruction is able to attack me before I even complete the re-spawn process, before the loading screen fades away. Meaning I, along with every other Order character going through the re-spawn process at that moment, are dead again before the loading screen even fades away and thus before any of us can take any action to defend ourselves. Watch the video and you can see this for yourself.

That is a much better population denying mechanic than the prison system currently in play, because if you re-spawn into the prison you at least have an opportunity to be released.
Last edited by Martok on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...