Recent Topics

Ads

Morale Drains are out of hand

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Morale Drains are out of hand

Post#11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:15 am

Valarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:50 pm
bloodi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm
Valarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 pm
I'd probably care if there werent 4 classes on both sides capable of morales draining:

BW/Knight/SM/WH
BO/Dok/Marauder/Shaman
You should probably care about what each class can do and how they "drain" said morale.

I mean, Dok doesnt even drain anything, WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back, BW/knight/BO are m4s, SM only aoe ability in hoeth can be used every 3 gcds, i dont even remember the shaman drain, they have a pump though, etc.

Is easy to just count the tooltips that say morale in them and pretend its balanced but just reading what each classes do and how they can drain it will actually tell you how wrong you are.

Nice try, but here is the definitive chart:

Marauder is the only class with a distinct advantage here.
Brain Bursta isn't draining morale anymore.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm
bloodi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back
Dragon gun?
that tactic have no point with position requirement, you are basically forced to hide and solo aoe dps from behind enemy line aka a suicide......im in favor to fix it, like from ages... and make dragon gun an aoe KD aswell instead....i will definetly bring wh into a wb then...and it would be also THAT cool....

Luuca

Post#13 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 am

The classes are not mirrored and just like life, sometimes you feel like you are at a huge disadvantage - because you are.

Take for example the Zealot M1, Tzeentch's Talon. It's the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. With game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range, it's a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy. And yet, it remains untouched and unmatched.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:23 am

Snuck into the patch notes a while back and no one cared because muh KD immunity spam, but really, if you're in pug blob warband play, erryone has immunities anyway.

Slap this guy with a WW Swordmaster and suck in a net 3600 morale change at max targets every 5s.

[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

xanderous

Post#15 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:24 am

Weird to see a post like this while order is consistently draining destros morale with knights M4 making fort sieges near impossible to defend with no counter morale.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

wachlarz

Post#16 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 am

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 am The classes are not mirrored and just like life, sometimes you feel like you are at a huge disadvantage - because you are.

Take for example the Zealot M1, Tzeentch's Talon. It's the best-in-game M1 for group utility of any healer on either side. With game leading 1320 Armor debuff, a 504 resistance debuff, a 15 second duration, and a 100 foot range, it's a massive edge for focusing down a single target priority enemy. And yet, it remains untouched and unmatched.
Bg/ borc/ mara can reduce armor too. 100ft range ? How many rpdps classea destro have ? ONE and sqig too can reduce armor. Reduce resistance ? Sorc have tac for this, magus have pet. So Luuca find other too op skill/morale on destro side

wachlarz

Post#17 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 am

Luuca wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 am The classes are not mirrored and just like life, sometimes you feel like you are at a huge disadvantage - because you are.

Bg/ borc/ mara can reduce armor too. 100ft range ? How many rpdps classea destro have ? ONE and sqig too can reduce armor. Reduce resistance ? Sorc have tac for this, magus have pet. So Luuca find other too op skill/morale on destro side

Panzerkasper

Post#18 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 am Bg/ borc/ mara can reduce armor too. 100ft range ? How many rpdps classea destro have ? ONE and sqig too can reduce armor. Reduce resistance ? Sorc have tac for this, magus have pet. So Luuca find other too op skill/morale on destro side
BG/BO/Mara/SH are all skills and thus they fully stack with the Zealot M1. That is most likely why he considers this broken or op or whatever. Technically a Zelot can also be used to triple armor debuff a target with the tactic slotted.
Looks pretty op on paper, but in reality it isn't.

There is some stuff in this game that can stack up to a ridiculous amount. On both sides.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Nidwin

Post#19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:24 am

Tesq wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm
bloodi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back
Dragon gun?
that tactic have no point with position requirement, you are basically forced to hide and solo aoe dps from behind enemy line aka a suicide......im in favor to fix it, like from ages... and make dragon gun an aoe KD aswell instead....i will definetly bring wh into a wb then...and it would be also THAT cool....
I think you are confusing Dragon Gun with Pistol Whip.

I presume Dragon Gun works the same way as On Your Knees, except for the damaging part.
I don't play order but, correct me WH players if I'm wrong, from the tooltip Dragon Gun does 1 hit damage while On Your Knees, like most Witch Elf finishers, does 2x damage as a double hit.

I can only speak for On Your Knees so if it's different for Witch Hunters, my bad. On Your Knees doesn't require any positioning except, line of sight and the target needs be in 30ft range.
I don't know if the drain is single target or everyone hit by On Your Knees as I'm not on the receiving side.
Tried Yesterday evening FtHQ in combo with OYK but that did not seem to work, pity.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

footpatrol2

Post#20 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 am There is some stuff in this game that can stack up to a ridiculous amount. On both sides.
If you know your patch history in this game, there were some very high buff's that you could have maintained which needed to be able to be stripped somehow. Some of the stuff through mythic patch history was taken away. Some of the counter's remain.