Recent Topics

Ads

Morale Drains are out of hand

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nishka
Suspended

Morale Drains are out of hand

Post#1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:11 pm

When playing a frontline order class, it's nearly impossible to get even m2 during the fight while destruction can easily unload 2 m3's. The recent change of raze from m2 to m3 made the situation even worse, as now order tanks can't morale bomb.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Morale Drains are out of hand

Post#2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:13 pm

just ask all the RDPS to bomb for you :P

Tesq

Post#3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm

I was wonderin if its that hard i mean open space well yea but in close space? Aka 99% of critical sich of the game, marauders cant ignore spatialy tanks like a rdps do and block/parry a mara is pretty easier since no 2h. So....is that so hard build moralea when you tank wall in somwhere closed?

Given imo wh should have his own tactic fixed (seriously)...is that bad right now?

Nishka
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm I was wonderin if its that hard i mean open space well yea but in close space? Aka 99% of critical sich of the game, marauders cant ignore spatialy tanks like a rdps do and block/parry a mara is pretty easier since no 2h. So....is that so hard build moralea when you tank wall in somwhere closed?

Given imo wh should have his own tactic fixed (seriously)...is that bad right now?
Yes, it's very hard. You're lucky if you can get to m2 even during huge fights. Just play an order melee class and watch how you lose huge chunks of morale every second or two.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Nishka
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Im kinda busy now but I will be able to describe the problem in greater detail later, how I see it and how I think it should be handled.
Unless the thread will get closed, of course.

Valarion

Post#6 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:11 pm When playing a frontline order class, it's nearly impossible to get even m2 during the fight while destruction can easily unload 2 m3's. The recent change of raze from m2 to m3 made the situation even worse, as now order tanks can't morale bomb.

I'd probably care if there werent 4 classes on both sides capable of morales draining:

BW/Knight/SM/WH
BO/Dok/Marauder/Shaman
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

bloodi
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 pm
I'd probably care if there werent 4 classes on both sides capable of morales draining:

BW/Knight/SM/WH
BO/Dok/Marauder/Shaman
You should probably care about what each class can do and how they "drain" said morale.

I mean, Dok doesnt even drain anything, WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back, BW/knight/BO are m4s, SM only aoe ability in hoeth can be used every 3 gcds, i dont even remember the shaman drain, they have a pump though, etc.

Is easy to just count the tooltips that say morale in them and pretend its balanced but just reading what each classes do and how they can drain it will actually tell you how wrong you are.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 pm

In theory, order has access to morale drains and pumps. In practice, most of them aren't usable. High in a trash mastery path, highly conditional, tied up to bad skills etc.

For example, morale drain of KOTBS, solar flare is

1.Highest skill in the Path of Glory, weakest KOTBS mastery path.
2. m4

Ads
Valarion

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:50 pm

bloodi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm
Valarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 pm

BW/Knight/SM/WH
BO/Dok/Marauder/Shaman
You should probably care about what each class can do and how they "drain" said morale.

I mean, Dok doesnt even drain anything, WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back, BW/knight/BO are m4s, SM only aoe ability in hoeth can be used every 3 gcds, i dont even remember the shaman drain, they have a pump though, etc.

Is easy to just count the tooltips that say morale in them and pretend its balanced but just reading what each classes do and how they can drain it will actually tell you how wrong you are.

Nice try, but here is the definitive chart:

Only classes that are arguably out of hand here are BW, Knight and Marauder.
Last edited by Valarion on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm

bloodi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm WH is entirely single target and when you hit on their back
Dragon gun?