Recent Topics

Ads

Cleansing Disparity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Telen
Suspended

Cleansing Disparity

Post#1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:45 pm

I think there is currently a disparity in what healers of each realm can cleanse. With WP/DoK being the strongest cleansing career this leaves some issues, such as Squig Herder hd avoiding the gcleanse while SW is cleansed and WH being cleansed by DoK gcleanse and WE not from WP.
Currently Shaman cleanses 8 order classes . Zealot 8 and DoK 8.
While Archmage cleanses 8 destro classes, Runey 9 and WP 7.
Also Dok cleanses 5 dps archetypes and WP just 3.

Changes that make the most sense to me
Squig Herder damage type to Hex
WH damage type to Curse
and either IB or KotBS damage type to Ailment.

This would have all healers cleansing the same number of other classes damage types (8), 4 dps 2 tank 2 heal. SH and SW would be cleansed by WP/DoK and WH and WE would both avoid the Wp/DoK gcleanse.

I know War has always been a pseudo mirror game but I think foundational things should be. Also it wouldn't surprise me if this only came about because of lore conflict and WH couldnt be curse or hex.

Ads
Maleus79

Re: Cleansing Disparity

Post#2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Problem is some healer classes can aoe cleanse and some not, and also like Telen said some cleans not work on all debuffs, i think it should work on all, and also aoe cleanse should be accessible to all healers, not just some, because this way it makes some healers not wanted in groups for that.

Ninepaces

Post#3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Its fine as it is, however I think we should move puddle back to the isha tree.

Maleus79

Post#4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

At least make all healers to have ability to aoe Cleanse, that should do it nicely.

Valarion

Post#5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Maleus79 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm At least make all healers to have ability to aoe Cleanse, that should do it nicely.
The healers are in a very good place right now when it comes to cleanse parity.

I do not want to see any more watering down of the healers to the point where they have all the same abilities/usefulness. It anything, if would be nice if Zeals/RP/Shamans/AMs could cleanse +1-2 more on a single target and in a single rotation (maybe a new tactic).
Last edited by Valarion on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Manatikik

Post#6 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Valarion wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm
Maleus79 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm At least make all healers to have ability to aoe Cleanse, that should do it nicely.

I do not want to see any more watering down of the healers to the point where they have all the same abilities/usefulness. If anything, if would be nice if Zeals/RP/Shamans/AMs could cleanse +1-2 more on a single target and in a single rotation (maybe a new tactic).
Issue with that is it freely counters people layering debuffs. One cleanse would negate an entire rotation outta BW/Sorc, would be impossible to keep a heal debuff on a target, and Demo would be the only effective armor debuff in a meta of stacking armor.
<Montague><Capulet>

Valarion

Post#7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 pm

I do not want to see any more watering down of the healers to the point where they have all the same abilities/usefulness. If anything, if would be nice if Zeals/RP/Shamans/AMs could cleanse +1-2 more on a single target and in a single rotation (maybe a new tactic).
Issue with that is it freely counters people layering debuffs. One cleanse would negate an entire rotation outta BW/Sorc, would be impossible to keep a heal debuff on a target, and Demo would be the only effective armor debuff in a meta of stacking armor.
Healers are SUPPOSE to counter debuffs.

That is why I pad my important ST dots (like Boiling Blood) with unimport dots on tight rotations like every other veteran BW/Sorc.
Last edited by Valarion on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

oaliaen

Post#8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 am

imagine the best dot class whit same cleanse as the others...dont know man feels so wrong.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 am

If it ain't broke dont fix it.

But more seriously, is there a serious issue because of this? Or are people just examining things on paper too much and seeing a problem where there isnt one?

Manatikik

Post#10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:52 am

Valarion wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Healers are SUPPOSE to counter debuffs.

That is why I pad my important ST dots (like Boiling Blood) with unimport dots on tight rotations like every other veteran BW/Sorc.
That’s why I said your proposed changed of removing multiple debuffs per cleanse is bad as it has no counter play via layering? It’s be ridiculously potent and increase TTK the wrong way.
<Montague><Capulet>