Recent Topics

Ads

Invader Set Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Invader Set Feedback

Post#11 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:30 pm

1) yes got Mara over 80 rr.
2) solo, small scale, premade, wb.
3) the set isn’t bad at all but some bonus should be changed: 6 th bonus red frenzy ( 10 % chance to increase your auto attack damage by 25% for 10 seconds ). It could works only on savagery cuz brutality stance got a similar proc ( dunno if they stacks )
7th bonus you were weak! ( you restore 1000 health points each time you land a killing blow ) to be honest guys this is the baddiest bonus you ever made for Mara ( either useless in solo, grp and especially in WB).
This bonus can be easily replaced by double pot ( 3k heal or more ) cuz you can use heal pot during the fight instead of waiting for the killing blow.
So this bonus is pretty weak for all mara builds,
You never get more kill in wb fight then a magus/sorc, running as premade has no sense since you got double pot and heals/guard to keep you alive.
Solo roming? No sense.
Thank you.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Valarion

Post#12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:22 am

1. Do you play the class/archetype that uses the set you want to talk about?
Yes, I have 6 high RR healers.

2. What perspective do you speak from (solo (ganking, pugging in WB), organized WB or small scale player) ?
What is your experience with the class in question?

Ive been a healer since Jesus was a WP on live. My bias leans towards intelligent 6-12 man gameplay. Not solo. Not zerg.

3. Your feedback:
- Why set/set bonus is bad/overperforming;
The Zealot/RP/Shaman/AM Invader set bonuses are weak and not commensurate with the difficulty of obtaining them. The Zeal/RP is especially bad and their Vanq set (with 7% more heal crit, 10% if you include Genesis will greatly outperform it). The Dok/WP set, even incomplete, is stronger than the other sets and needs some adjustments/balancing. DoK/WP playstyle is historically middle/close range healing and bonuses should reflect and reward this (i.e. reward them for staying close and taking hits, etc.).

The loss of heal crit explained:
Vanq gets +5% more heal crit from set bonus plus +2% from gloves. When you account for the +3% from the 5 piece genesis bonus (which is lost due to 7 piece invader), thats a total heal crit of +10% more. So when you "upgrade" to invader, you are losing this entire 10% heal crit. Thats a huge reduction in healing.

- How it should be fixed/changed (real solution/alternative).
General suggestions:

* Drop the +10 foot range (a few feet of range is insignificant and a lost slot).
* Drop setback reduction (wasted for classes that are predominantly backline healers and who simply switch to instant heals)
* Drop Aid X or make stronger (its too weak for #5 and will overwrite the same proc from weapons) I recommend a small shield proc or more powerful direct heal or just a more powerful Aid variant.
* Heal crit needs to be added to these sets. Drop the +2 morale gain on gloves and return it to +2% heal crit. Drop the 2 Armor Pen on the Talisman and add +2% heal crit. Allow the 4 or 5 piece bonus to be 5% heal crit. This is simply to equal Vanq.
* Move Dok/WP bonus (Guidance VIII) from 6 to 7 point bonus to reflect the power of this triggering off groupheal spam.

Proposals:

Zealot/RP/Shaman/AM
2) Willpower
3) Wounds
4) Intelligence
5) +5% heal crit
6) On direct heal X% chance to remove a hex, curse, ailment form target.
7) On heal: 10% chance to increase heal crit by 9% and value from crits by 12% for 10 secs.

Dok/WP
2) Willpower
3) Wounds
4) Toughness or Initiative
5) +5% heal crit
6) On hit X% chance to place a X point shield/heal on group (edited based on Rida's comments)
7) Guidance VIII - On direct heal 5% chance to increase healing power by 24% for 10 secs. (moved from 6 to 7 based on power)

For those of you wondering what the healer sets look like and the concern:

Last edited by Valarion on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 51 times in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Stagart

Post#13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:51 am

1. Tank.

2. Playing solo for pve, in group/wb for pvp and scenario.

3. Allow the tanks to regenerate health points, suggestion for tank set invader :
-Bonus 2 pieces = +66 strength
-Bonus 3 pieces = +73 wounds
-Bonus 4 pieces = +80 toughness
-Bonus 5 pieces = +5% block
-Bonus 6 pieces = +60 health points every 4 secondes
-Bonus 7 pieces = +4% critical hit hate reduction

Cordialy.

Rida

Post#14 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 am

1. Healer
2. Above average

3. I partially agree with what Valarion wrote but:
Zealot/RP/Shaman/AM
2) Willpower
3) Toughness
4) Wounds
5) +5% heal crit
6) On heal: X% chance to cleanse a hex, curse or ailment from target
7) On heal: 10% chance to increase heal crit by 9% and value from crits by 12% for 10 secs.
The absorb proc is completely useless, would rather have toughness to feel a little less paper.

Dok/WP
2) Willpower
3) Wounds
4) Toughness or +5% heal crit
5) On healing X% chance to place a 300-500 point shield on group
6) When hit by an attacker X% chance to become immune to knockdown, stagger, etc for 10 seconds // This is uber strong, you basically have Resolute Defense on proc. Not gonna happen
7) Guidance VIII - On direct heal 5% chance to increase healing power by 24% for 10 secs. (Id bump this up to 7 piece bonus as its powerful)
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Ninepaces

Post#15 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:22 am

rr65+ bg and rr70+ sm

2. What perspective do you speak from (solo (ganking, pugging in WB), organized WB or small scale player) ?

duo, trio, 6 man, 12 man, warband

3. Your feedback:

I'll talk about BG because I'm playing that more than SM right now.

Not all tanks are block-based. BG contributes very little when its not 2h (its dark protector buffs are nowhere close to ironbreaker). To make use of invader I need to drop crimson death which is without question the most useful ability of the class. Conquerer is still the best 2h tanky set, which is kind of sad unfortunately, but its being left behind as by not taking invader I'm losing out on 800 wounds and 400 armor. If you don't want 2h tanks to be as tanky as s/b then you don't have to worry because by not taking shield you're losing out on hold the line and block which is enough of a loss.

To fix it honestly I would sub all block for parry on the entire set and sub the heal-on-block for the conquerer wounds buff. For the 7pc bonus I'd change block to parry but reduce the damage debuff to 3%, given how much easier it is to parry than to block. This is pending whatever you have in mind for warlord and SOV. If those sets aren't going to force a shield on you then I guess its ok to have a block based set.

zageen

Post#16 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Chosen 76
BG 60
KOTBS 65

Solo/small scale

3. Your feedback:

My feedback is not a matter of performance , it's more a matter of uniqueness for tank gear. Every class Have his own bonuses at 7 part except tank. All share the 5% reduce dmg of the enemy on block.

The 7 part mechanic is more like a tactic slot , it should be unique AND specific to the class , it should impact or relate to the main mechanic of a class while being balanced, linked to the aspect of the gear (shielded tank in this case) AND be easily implemented . After reflexion and discussion with some main with their relative class here is some proposition of 7 part.

Chosen/KOTBS :

Related to Auras:
On being hit : X% chance to Trigger a non active Aura for X seconds.
On Block/Parry : X% chance to Trigger a non active Aura for X seconds.

BG/IB

Related to Hatred:
You gain +1% dmg for each 10 Hatred you have.

Related to Dark Protector/Oath friend
(1) Your Ally affected by Dark protector/ Oath friend Gain X initiative.
(2) When your Dark protector/ Oath friend is struck you gain 10 instead of 5 hate.

Bo/SM

Related to stance Switch

When you switch a stance , you gain a following bonus for X second:

basic stance : nothing
2nd stance: +X% block and +X% parry
3rd stance : +X dodge and +X% disrupt
Twelves inches unbuffed

Zag 40/83 chosen
Zagm 40/6X mara

Legion of Boom

Zageen 40/7X SM
Diabolomenthe 40/6X KOTBS

WExWH

Post#17 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm

yes

solo up to 12man

3. Your feedback:

avoidance, parry strike and 7p doesn't fit the WE, ur gameplay is centered on the positioning.

we have already a tactic like the 7p and the fact is if we want to dps we have to find the side/back and no face the enemy.

Low crit on gear, 2% only on shoulders makes the set not attractive.

Avoidance is a good thing but only if we can reach a high value, we have already the rr trainer for that and some jewel, no interest in having avoidance on set gear unless they are designed to be defensive and this is not the case here.

Weapon skill is something we miss the most as WE, few set have it. We will gain more overall damage with weapon skill than parry strike, a good positioning allows us to ignore parry and with the armor increase from gear, we want more armor pen to be effective. Most of people think all damage come from AW and only that but isn't true, we are dependent of a armor debuff and because we have a low base str we can't stack weapon skill like other mdps.

5p and 6p, without a test, it's difficult to get an idea about it but 35% AA damage seem strong.

Belt
Spoiler:
change 2% dodge/parry for melee power and wound

Boots
Spoiler:
change 2% disrupt for weapon skill or wound

4p weapon skill instead of +5% parry strike

7p all of your attack have 15% chance to crit when you strike an enemy in the side or the back.
Last edited by WExWH on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nidwin

Post#18 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Yes

Magus

3. Your feedback:
If it hasn't been changed I think I like the +10 range on 5pieces Invader that I saw when I checked the set at the vendor.
If you put +15 range on a full equiped Regulator set I'll consider this on par with Engies 5 pieces Invader + onslaught gloves.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#19 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Friendly reminder: It's NOT a wishlist thread. If you don't explain why something is bad/too good than your feedback/suggestion won't be heard most likely.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

abodam

Post#20 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Spoiler:
abodam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:15 pm 1. Do you play the class/archetype that uses the set you want to talk about?
78rr Magus

Solo, group 6vx,6v6, warband play

3. Your feedback:

If we take a look at Invader as RvR focused set - Magus role would be riftbot or aoe dot damage.
Considering this most of the bonuses are ok-ish for this application, but the 7th piece does not fit at all due to ST nature of Havoc.
I would suggest removing the Havoc requirement on the Ini debuff or moving it to Chanding or Daemonology (or both) would enable Magus to be the pull/support with debuffing main bomb damage due to AoE initiative debuff.

Magus has plenty of offensive options on other sets for single target burst.
Fixed your initial post. This one will be deleted later.
Magus / BG