Recent Topics

Ads

Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
HappyHubris

Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

Post#1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am

I always hear in scenarios about how few tanks and healers there are for order in the mode. Unfortunately, unlike other classes that get to pick between "flavors" of gear by using scenario or world RvR tokens, healers and tanks get...off-spec gear for hard-won scenarios. Give healers and tanks more reason to play SCs and you'll see a lot better SC participation1

Ads
DokB

Re: Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

Post#2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am

Or just queue up as a premade 3+ with the bare essentials (tank/dps/healer) and never worry about this problem again.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Re: Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

Post#3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:52 am

DokB wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am Or just queue up as a premade 3+ with the bare essentials (tank/dps/healer) and never worry about this problem again.
why waste time making a premade for scenarios for off spec gear then when i can just make a premade and roam orvr and kill solo pugs for renown and medals for spec's that i actually play over very slow popping scenarios?

To this day i still feel that this whole you want X type gear then go do y activity design is bad

makes it hard to find def tanks and the like when the activity rewards dps stuff

HappyHubris

Post#4 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:08 am

DokB wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 am Or just queue up as a premade 3+ with the bare essentials (tank/dps/healer) and never worry about this problem again.
How do I "que" for medallions? How does your access to a premade help the entire server's lack of defensive tanks and healers?

DokB

Post#5 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 am

I personally don’t see an issue with the separate currency. I play during NA dead hours and I have no issue acquiring currency for both specs. It surely can’t be that bad for you Euros?
Lack of defensive tanks and healers? Join more discords or get better guildies/friends. There’s plenty out there.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

adamthelc

Post#6 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 am

I dont know if there is a problem with a lack of tanks and healers in scenarios. Even if there is I am not sure this is the cause, though it could be a factor.

Healers not being able to buy healing gear from SCs is a different issue though.

It is a little goofy that such an important role for that content doesnt get armor from that content. But they want the currency to be separate and I dont have a problem with it.

I have a good amount of healers and do/prefer scenarios and gear never has any impact on what I choose to do.

When the game first came out there wasnt even a scenario currency and people still did them all the time.

adamthelc

Post#7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 am

HappyHubris wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:08 am
How do I "que" for medallions? How does your access to a premade help the entire server's lack of defensive tanks and healers?
It doesnt, but you set yourself for that kind of response by the way you represented the problem.

If someone doesnt think lack of healers or tanks are a problem then it renders the rest of your argument pointless.

Akilinus

Post#8 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 am

Why is it that the devs should constantly try to fix player issues?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 am

Healers want sc weapons...

There is no shortage on tanks and healers for either side, just at some time more of a certain archetype queue sc. To get balanced groups, queue in a group.
Dying is no option.

HappyHubris

Post#10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:14 pm

Akilinus wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 am Why is it that the devs should constantly try to fix player issues?
This is a trolling response that could be slapped on any suggestion. Try harder.