Recent Topics

Ads

Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
HappyHubris

Re: Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

Post#11 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pm

The split of currencies is completely arbitrary and disproportionately affects tanks and some healers. It's like the MMOs of old where you had to raid in PvE to have gear for PvP.

Would everyone here be ok with "players who use ranged weapons have to grind PvE dungeons to gear their PvP gear?" Then why are they ok with "tanks need to grind openRvR to gear tank gear."

Ads
Lime

Re: Want more Healers and Tanks in Scenarios? Let them buy armor with Scenario Tokens.

Post#12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Really unfun playing scenarios with no healers/tanks. Maybe make some of the rvr set pieces purchaseable for emblems or exp potion incentives.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Lime wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm Really unfun playing scenarios with no healers/tanks.

I'm sorry, but you simply cannot expect to have scenarios with an equal/'fair' amount of tanks and healers 24/7 without 30minute+ timers being put into place.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akilinus

Post#14 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:46 pm

HappyHubris wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:14 pm
Akilinus wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 am Why is it that the devs should constantly try to fix player issues?
This is a trolling response that could be slapped on any suggestion. Try harder.
Players are zerging= Devs are "forced" to put in rp penalties on kills when your side is zerging.

Players that want their sc to be more balanced with tanks, dps, healers = Devs put in a system that makes sc pop take ages.

Whats next?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Dackle

Post#15 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm

I personally love scenarios because of the chance to get an even numbered fight. (or close) Did you all forget about some of the best weapons in the game for a tank from SC's?

I am tired of healing low level, poorly geared players against high level 75+RR premade groups. It's an exercise in futility.

Lately, there are as many sub 40's, as 40+, in the lakes. Personally, I believe it's time to rethink how bolster is applied and break up the population a bit. Put players back in their prospective tiers.

Also, the pug SC is bogus. Remove the misnomer as it's the new feeding ground of high level duos.

Cheers.

Wyzard

Post#16 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm

There's always going to be a guy responding "there's no problem just make a premade -> EASY". Those guys that make premades are happy enough to farm helpless pugs and it makes them feel good about themselves. Why would they push for change?

The question is, are we going to make the reward system only about that minority or wake up to the realization that there is a majority of people wanting to play a game, but not go that deep into networking just to play it.

The efficient solution is as OP says, to make currency for all types of gear from SC so there will be appeal. The hard solution is trying to force everyone to play the way you want them to.

Not to mention, you are having to find a healer who wants to heal SC even though they don't need the gear from it, a further challenge. I guarantee that premades will be easier to make if the snb tanks and healers have a gear motivation, thus solving every problem in one stroke...
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Wyzard wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm There's always going to be a guy responding "there's no problem just make a premade -> EASY". Those guys that make premades are happy enough to farm helpless pugs and it makes them feel good about themselves. Why would they push for change?

Why create another solution for a perceived problem when there already exists one?

As mentioned already, SC weapons are pretty dope for tanks and healers.

altharion1
Banned

Post#18 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:11 pm

SCs are objective based encounters. You don't need balanced teams, you don't even need healers.

the objective of every SC is to win by points. Capping flags and running the bomb/objective to the hand in point only requires the "W" button on the keyboard.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Dackle

Post#19 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 pm

One more thing to add to the SC debate. Mid tier SC's when they pop are a lot of fun! The pops are few and far between, but I rarely run into premade super groups of the exact same composition.

While running them with a lower level guild mate, I was reminded of the fun of battling with closely ranked, similar-geared players.

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:37 pm

The DPS sets in SCs make sense for tanks b/c in group combat you actually want your tanks to balance out dps vs survivability to help with the assist train. A full deftard tank in SCs is a waste of a slot. But in oRvR a full defense tank has its uses. Some would say you should always go full defense there (I disagree but I like roaming too so...whatever).

Now, for healers it makes less sense. DPS "healers" in SCs are generally a waste of a slot (no offense to the DPS healer types, I have one and I know he would be better off healing but I don't wanna). But in oRvR (small group/roaming at least), DPS healers or hybrids actually work fairly well. So, ironically you need to run SCs (and theoretically heal to be maximally effective) to get your DPS gear but you need to oRvR to get your healing gear where you actually kind of want to DPS on occasion.