Recent Topics

Ads

Throw Blade and other core melee ranged attacks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
edavoc

Throw Blade and other core melee ranged attacks

Post#1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:55 pm

Currently the core ranged throw skills for melee classes such as the kotbs Throw Blade scale off ballistic skill instead of strength.
This makes them nearly useless due to melee having very low ballistic skill, causing these abilities to almost always get dodged.
Due to also having low ballistics the damage of these abilities is very low due to being mitigated from anyone with more then 200 toughness, not to mention that the tooltip damage being low do to little stat contrition.

I suggest that core throw skills like throw blade, axe, ect. get their stat calculation changed from ballistics to strength or at least a partial contribution from strength to the throw skills. As they are currently they are are fairly useless skills used only to get a kill blow once in a blue moon if your target doesn't dodge.

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Throw Blade and other core melee ranged attacks

Post#2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 am

ballistic proc mara is legit

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 am

the throw abilities are not supposed to be valid in a normal rotation and only really used for the secondary effects

edavoc

Post#4 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 am

I wasn't asking for it to be used in normal rotations, being range 5-65 means you can't use them in normal rotations anyways. I'm just asking for the stat calculation to be fixed so it doesn't miss 80% of the time you want to actually use it and doesn't hit for negligible damage if it actually lands.

The secondary effect of the tank ability is useless if you can't land it in the first place. I don't even think the mdps other than we/wh throw attacks have any secondary effects.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:53 am

edavoc wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 am I wasn't asking for it to be used in normal rotations, being range 5-65 means you can't use them in normal rotations anyways. I'm just asking for the stat calculation to be fixed so it doesn't miss 80% of the time you want to actually use it and doesn't hit for negligible damage if it actually lands.

The secondary effect of the tank ability is useless if you can't land it in the first place. I don't even think the mdps other than we/wh throw attacks have any secondary effects.
All the tanks have secondary effects as well.

Simply put, no the skill will remain as it is. Else tanks would be able to finish off anyone low with it and be gods at taking kills and WH/WE would be even harder to run away form (if not impossible).

EDIT:
the only careers that dont have second effects on it is choppa, mara, WL and slayer. These careers have all charge and other abilities to help you in such situations