Recent Topics

Ads

Very reasonable sc solution

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
FinalTidus21

Very reasonable sc solution

Post#1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Tier 1: 1-15

Tier 2: 16-30

Tier 3: 31-40 with rr 50

Tier 4: 40 with rr 51+

Pros:

1. Get rid of unfair queues.
2. 6 man premades won't be farming level 31's who don't know the name of the game is to team up.
3. 6 man premades will less likely be mismatched because the other team has lowbies.
4. Under experienced, or under achieved, level 40 players will be able to catch up against a crowd they stand a chance in.

Cons:

1. Queue time for Tier 3 will become existent, because Tier 3 did has not existed here yet.

I'm actively searching for more pros and cons to this list if you can think of any. Here's the facts everybody. Everybody knows that queueing ranks 31 with 40s that are rr 80 is queueing abuse (even if you deny it in pixels, you know better, no matter clever your adult fits are). I haven't played another game where they would think about putting non maxed level characters in the same arena as those that have literally the best gear. It's not impressive to see all these people come up with all these "reasons" for why they think 6 man premades "shouldn't be punished". What would be more impressive is for you to finally accept what people have been saying in most twitch chats I'm in.

I'm on here defending my position as if most people I come across in and outside of the game WANT ranks 31s in the queue with their veteran 40s. As if 31s WANT to be queue'd in with 6 man preamdes of 40s. The only time I've been impressed with the responses to this inquiry that keeps coming up, is that the population for Tier 3 wouldn't be high enough. That's why I think we can increase the rr ceiling to allow more people in T3.

Honestly, this is as fair as I can think of. I've listened to people talk about how groups of veteran players would leave the game if you punished them by taking away their cannon fodder rank 31 opponents. LOLOL. IMO, let them leave. I have never seen such grown adults act like such whiney babies when it comes to suggesting not to abuse rank 31s. Actually I watch these kinds of people shut down free speech debates on college campuses on Youtube, so I have seen these kinds of whiney people, but I don't think we should cater to them.

I think it's time to take away the 6 man premades safe spaces and make them queue up against other rank 40s with rr 50+. You are not taxing Tier 4 to put money in the pockets of Tier 3. You are shedding yourself of some underperformance in scs that 6 man premades are in, as well creating a more level playing field for Tier 3.

I don't think people take the time to write these kinds of things, because they assume that there is a really good argument against not doing it. I'm curious what might the really good reason for not implementing a fair Tier 3 would be? I think the population issue can be handled with adjusting renown rank ceilins in Tier 3.

So what are some more cons?

I hope everybody pays very careful attention to who is looking out for the entirety of all players, and not just a select demographic.

Thanks for reading.
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Very reasonable sc solution

Post#2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm

By far the biggest con with this would be that guilds could no longer boost their lower level/rr'd mates' alts by helping them in sc; they would have to form separate groups away from their sub-50 friends (for many guilds this could mean make or break tbh, given population isn't incredibly high).

FinalTidus21

Post#3 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Peter has a great point. If pre rr 50's weren't allowed to queue with post rr 50's, it would cause a problem.

I don't want this, it goes against me trying to help everybody. I would amend my response to include that "If someone in your group is post rr 50, then your group will be put into the post rr 50 queue."

I do not want people grouping up, then having to split because one of them dinged over rr 50 while the others lagged behind. That's just not reasonable imo. I hope that having a post rr 50 group member would bump the whole Tier 3 group into Tier 4.

Tier 3 and Tier 4 would have a more complicated queueing system, and not having the same queueing system to implement across the board is hassle. These are great ideas, just like time travel, but it may not be possible.

So the rank 31 would be put up against the rank 40s with rr 50+ if they grouped with people who were of Tier 4. It makes sense that if you choose to group with high ranking members, that you too will be put up against high ranking members. It would not make sense, imo, to not allow a level 40 with rr 49 queue with a level 40 rr 51.

There won't be high ranks getting into Tier 3, instead, low ranks that queue with high ranks will get into high ranks. Hope that'd make both parties happy.

Thanks for constructive dialogue in both public and private messages Peter.
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

Akilinus

Post#4 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Why should the group that puts more effort into the game be punished, /5 groups are going to disband pretty quick after running into the same 6mans every sc. Is it something wrong with increasing your odds of winning by playing in a 6man vs pugs? Your logic seems flawed to me.

If I want to grind the scenario weapons I would want has high chance of winning as possible?
Got to take into consideration that as much as you love/hate scenarios there is going to be people who rather do RvR with the scenario weapons and I would like to make that grind the the least painful.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

uanaka

Post#5 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Would simply expanding the range of pug SCs work? Instead of only having 1 pug SC, allow a wider range of scenarios for duos to queue into separately, that way they can reduce the probability of getting shoved into premades galore?

Like Peter mentioned, the population isn't gigantic, which makes forming premades or parties pretty difficult unless you are well known or very well geared. I've found that many of these groups are very exclusive and cliquey (and understandable, people dont want to play with potential dumpster fires). By expanding pug SCs, it provides a stepping stone for other solo/new players to play with others in a similar situation.

altharion1
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Remove the PUG SC. Make all SCs 18 v 18

Premades tend to have a harder time in battle for praag and gromril.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

uanaka

Post#7 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:20 pm

Wouldn't removing pug SC promote even more premades? so that you have 1-2 premades potentially against more solo/duo players?

altharion1
Banned

Post#8 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm

It's strange how people accept pug WBs being mercilessly farmed by a premade WB in orvr for hours and hours. But in a 15min SC with a domination mechanic we had to separate pugs from premades.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

People probably feel like they can do other stuff in orvr easier, since its much larger and you can, if nothing else, play ring-around-the-rosy and get your pity RR from BO ticks. Or gank stragglers if youre an appropriate class.

I dont think we should split up SC queues anymore than we already do. T4 sucks as a lowbie, but could be worse. Could be live.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Toonman

Post#10 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

altharion1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm It's strange how people accept pug WBs being mercilessly farmed by a premade WB in orvr for hours and hours. But in a 15min SC with a domination mechanic we had to separate pugs from premades.
There's a difference imo.

Pugs in WB or ORvR can still get good loot and rr even when they're being farmed due to the nature of the system. You can hop to a different zone when it's available and afk on a flag while being rewarded for it.

Pugs being farmed in a SC by premades, it's not uncommon to get 1 emblem and 0-100 rr.