Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back duels

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Bring back duels

Post#1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:46 am

is dis a pvp game or wot!? 'ow come i can't fight anoda ork?

we need duels back for the fun of it and reasons
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: Bring back duels

Post#2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:47 am

Duels were disabled because of a possibility of some exploits. I believe, they won’t come back unless some dev would like to correct me.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am

Correct. Some of the issues with it means that if it does ever come back it will only be possible at certain locations. But even so there are other exploits that needs to be resolved before that could ever be the case regardless

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 pm

so the whole server is beein punished by a small group of people that exploit something?
why not fix those exploit instead of taking away the fun of duels?

we need duels to git better and test out specs and what not, just for the fun of it.

allow it on each city maybe?
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Rydiak

Post#5 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Maybe it isn't that simple?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:34 pm

If it will ever be implemented as restricted zone - IC arena (sacellum) is just a perfect place for it for Destro, don't know if there is such a palce in Altdorf though.

Just wondering - if duel mechanism itself is hard and buggy to implement, was idea of can friendlyfire zones ever discussed?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Bringing duels back in any form simply isn't worth the time it would take to do so. Duels have no impact whatsoever on meaningful gameplay, you get no stuff for them, they don't reward you with renown, it was just a thing that existed. Disabling them closed loopholes on several creative methods of exploitation that can't be opened otherwise, so there was rather significant value for doing so. While we have better things to focus on, there simply isn't a good value proposition for time used in re-instating them in a fixed manner.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog