Recent Topics

Ads

EXP is Atrocious, and for no good reasons.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
terrorsauce

EXP is Atrocious, and for no good reasons.

Post#1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:16 pm

New player here, and I dont know If I can last much longer due to general fatigue In trying to progress on this server during US times. Its frustrating. Warhammer is a PVP game. RvR is the focus. Why must I pve for 60+ hours just to be able to get a char to level 40?

Scnenario pops are NON-existant. They just dont happen. I wish I could level this way, but they do not pop. So what I am left with is do lower level dungeons with groups that do not exist, solo quest by myself which I DO NOT play this game for and in fact turns me away from playing all together, or go join a rvr group in t4 and get the smallest gains imaginable. I started my engineer 3 weeks ago and he is only level 20, RR28.

The double xp weekend was amazing. I actually got to try some new classes and level them to 10 with in a few hours. It felt so good. Then now its back to this slow agonizing grind, and quite frankly its burning me out.

There is zero point to this level speed when the real game starts at lvl 40. Its killing your server during certain time zones for pointless reasons.

Ads
MedV

Re: EXP is Atrocious, and for no good reasons.

Post#2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 pm

I started a new chosen 3 days ago. Im 27/33. So idk what youre doing wrong I havent PvE yet.
The King.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm

The best way to gain EXP is not to do scenarios or quests, but to AOE grind.

Sadly, many classes are simply incapable of this for various reasons.

Nefarian78

Post#4 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm The best way to gain EXP is not to do scenarios or quests, but to AOE grind.

And then be r40 rr9? Terrible idea.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Luuca

Post#5 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Not sure if the original poster knows or not, but at level 16+ you can join in on tier 4 warbands, get a fairly sizeable bolstering to your stas, and have a lot of fun getting to level 40/40+.

Here's a thread here on the forums about how it works. It's not too bad, except you are in a PuG warband usually. Also, if you have 3 classes you like to play, try leveling all 3 and playing only the classes in rotation to maximise rested XP gains.

heres the thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22943&hilit=doomsday

@the Devs: Is there a comprehensive post explaining the new combined tier ORvR system???

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:27 pm

The xp needed to progress to the next lvl havent been changed since 2009? I believe. Not that were not open for discussion. Whats your suggestion exactly @op?

mursie

Post#7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 pm

I would strongly suggest a token/scroll (whatever) that allows you to instant level from 16 to 32.

Reasoning: Tier 1 play is level 1 through 15. This tier generally does have rvr and active scenarios to play.

Tier 4 does not become scenario active until lvl 32. While rvr can be participated in at lvl 16 in t4, you are for the most part a detriment compared to most t4 players due to lack of abilities etc.. Allow an instant lvl to 32 so that you can immediately participate in the scenarios at t4 and be more productive within RVR.

basically - just cut out the lvl 16 to lvl 31 fatigue that has a very small population and serves really no purpose at this point.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Luuca wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 pm @the Devs: Is there a comprehensive post explaining the new combined tier ORvR system???

I don't think so, but if you feel like writing it down to be put on the wiki go ahead and do that :).

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm
Mystry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm The best way to gain EXP is not to do scenarios or quests, but to AOE grind.

And then be r40 rr9? Terrible idea.
I said it was the best way to gain EXP, not Renown.
Frankly I think it's dumb how we have two types of levels.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 pm Frankly I think it's dumb how we have two types of levels.

There is plenty games with only one type of level :).