Recent Topics

Ads

XP off function OR improved Reduced XP gain scroll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PeasantsWoman

XP off function OR improved Reduced XP gain scroll

Post#1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Personally I like tier 1 so much I don't ever want to leave. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

I suggest either;
- The rank 16 75% reduced xp gain scroll available from T2 onwards be made available from rank 1 and changed to a 100% xp gain reduction (Easier option)
OR
- An "/xp off" function (allow us to turn it back on again if we wish with "/xp on"). Maybe create an NPC who offers the service through dialogue, maybe associate a cost with this service. (Harder option)

This would have a few consequences like; people twinking out their characters, driving the auction house prices of T1 gear up considerably, MAY worsen the new player experience having to fight fully twinked out characters etc. But I feel this would improve the game for many who just don't like T4 at all.

There is plenty to do in tier 1 to provide an endgame for these characters; lairs, crafting, tome unlocks, endless RvR, maxing RvR influence in all races T1 zones, public quests, completing all T1 chapters influence rewards etc.

What are your thoughts?

Ads
Ley
Former Staff

Re: XP off function OR improved Reduced XP gain scroll

Post#2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Or none of the above. The subject has been discussed before afaik and the leaders of the server have shut it off for reasonable reasons imo. Can always search forums on the matter and get an idea :)

PeasantsWoman

Post#3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Ah if a decision was already reached on the subject, nevermind.
I did do a few searches and found nothing similar.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Make a new char, when getting to rank 16. ;)
Dying is no option.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm

No.

What you want to do is max out your T1 character (probably destro) and stomp new players. That isn't going to happen. Make a new character if you care that much.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone who engages in twinking at any level range. None.

Grolar

Post#6 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Twinking has always seemed a weird thing to me and don't get it.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

marisco

Post#7 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:33 pm

Grolar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:19 pm Twinking has always seemed a weird thing to me and don't get it.
It's a power fantasy. A maxed out BiS char versus casual people equiped with whites and greens. People like to feel superior and stomp pugs, new players and unorganized groups. Same reasoning you see so many WLs around.

I'm glad twinking is not encouraged here.

Grolar

Post#8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 pm

marisco wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:33 pm
Grolar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:19 pm Twinking has always seemed a weird thing to me and don't get it.
It's a power fantasy. A maxed out BiS char versus casual people equiped with whites and greens. People like to feel superior and stomp pugs, new players and unorganized groups. Same reasoning you see so many WLs around.

I'm glad twinking is not encouraged here.
Same here
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads