Recent Topics

Ads

[POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Are you interested in 1v1 part of the game?

Yes
47%
No
53%
Total votes: 157

DanielWinner

[POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

It was suggested by a member of the community to find out how many people are actually interested in that scale of action.
I believe, that everyone, who did play on live servers, had special places for duels. Some of us visited them as simple spectators or even active participants on constant basis. Even now we can see that videos, which show us duels or simple ganking gameplay, are quite popular.
Therefore, it might be useful to get your opinion on that topic.

If the community will show strong interest, we will get down to a discussion of an implementation of a 1v1 scenario or some area which will serve a purpose of arena — it shouldn’t be discussed yet.

For now, we will gather as much feedback as we can, so don’t forget to make a vote.

Please note, it won’t have any effect on balance. 1v1 will NEVER be taken into consideration in terms of balance. Dev team is NOT interested in that field. This kind of gameplay will always be “just for fun”.

Thanks for your active participation in the server’s life.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:01 pm

First of all: I love 1v1 dueling (in fact, I love it more than 'that other format' I talk about all the time). However, I don't agree with a 1v1 scenario, and feel that this would simply motivate more solo play/playing on your own. This (in conjunction with PuG SC) would have more of an adverse effect on the other pops, or even possibly kill off the other scenarios popping altogether (if the game had a huge population, it wouldn't): group pops during NA hours, in particular, would be nigh extinct if people could queue for either the pug sc or a 1v1 sc (I've noticed NA players tend to be more 1v1/solo inclined), and I don't believe 1v1 should be something 'actively' endorsed in WAR.

geezereur

Post#3 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:14 pm

I would love this, this would also be good in the off hours when there is not alot of normal scs popping.

Ramasee

Post#4 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:16 pm

While I don't like 1v1 in this game (because you know group game and designed as such since forever), I have partaken in it before. You just go to a non-active zone and duel it out.

I'm with ptp3 about not making a scenario for it. But hey if you want to make a physical location in the world that requires effort to get to that forces 1v1 by means of /bow (and people can't help you or hurt you); do it. Queueing for it and facing random player will just take away from other queued PvP

DanielWinner

Post#5 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:27 pm

To ptp3 and Ramasee: it was mentioned by the member of the community, that there are a lot of people who will never take part in large scale not just because they are plain pugs but because they are hardcore soloers. Currently, they have to roam mindlessly in the zones which are overpopulated by zergs. So, they end up leaving the game because their favorite gameplay is annihilated on the server. Basically, they don’t ask for any kind of rewards or balance love — they just want to have a place where they can show their personal skill. And basic duel spot can’t serve this purpose. Therefore, you get those people back by throwing them a bone or lose them forever.

Personally, I think that every active member of the community should matter. We should not lose any more people.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Telperien

Post#6 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:38 pm

I voted yes, not because I like duels (in fact i dont like them) but because I love to challenge myself into 1 vs 1 action when roaming with healer. It tests my awareness, reflex and predicting actions. Its the best way I found to learn class I play and learn what others can do to me.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:50 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:27 pm To ptp3 and Ramasee: it was mentioned by the member of the community, that there are a lot of people who will never take part in large scale not just because they are plain pugs but because they are hardcore soloers. Currently, they have to roam mindlessly in the zones which are overpopulated by zergs. So, they end up leaving the game because their favorite gameplay is annihilated on the server. Basically, they don’t ask for any kind of rewards or balance love — they just want to have a place where they can show their personal skill. And basic duel spot can’t serve this purpose. Therefore, you get those people back by throwing them a bone or lose them forever.

Personally, I think that every active member of the community should matter. We should not lose any more people.
I would agree if the game had ever supported 1v1 or endorsed it in some form; it never has (the /duel command didn't even work, and if it did then 99% of the community didn't know how to get it to!). I would also be more inclined to give it a go if the potential for having an adverse effect on other, more relevant parts of the game was not so strong.

The issue you bring up isn't one that only solo players face: zergs can dissuade solo players, groups and even warbands from playing, so I don't see how this is justification for making a 1v1 sc. My 2c.

In the past, I and a few others would hold regular dueling tournaments which amassed quite a crowd. It was a lot of fun. Why don't people do this anymore? It's a shame, and I really think the game could do with a few more people using their initiative to organise events like this.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurama

Post#8 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Why dont just make it organized like it was on AoR, make a post on forums for ppl to meet in CW and 1v1.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ads
Wittygamertag

Post#9 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:14 pm

I always either solo or duo in the lakes and think this would be a fantastic idea, I do not find the zerging of any interest to myself or any other of the more experienced players I know as Zerging makes my brain hurt.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:14 pm

99% of 1v1s just go in the exact same ability order use.