Recent Topics

Ads

[POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Are you interested in 1v1 part of the game?

Yes
47%
No
53%
Total votes: 157

Nameless

Re: [POLL] Are you interested in that kind of gameplay?

Post#31 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:36 am

The big part of the fun at 1v1 at orvr zones is that it is unpredictable. U dont know who will end up and how the situation will resolves, sometimes you will get addons sometimes the enemy and so on. That adds some.adrenaline rush and make it worth it even when being zerged (although on ror dismaunting full wb for soloers is quite pitty and.much often occurs than on live)

On live 1v1 scen where pretty popular and ppl was doing it pretty often pre sov remake times. But since sov remake and new renown remake dueling become too dull, repetative and being able to outlast the enemy mandatory, so it lost all the possitives and ppl stop doing it.

On ror, if not now, the future will end up like on live as full with dps.healers and deftard regen tanks. Balance is so far from 1v1 and almost noone will like it and u dont need so much skill but the right spec vs the righ class.

All being said I voted yes but only cos that is new and different stuff to do and only if that happens as live event for a week max on 2-3 months interval otherwise after the initial 1 week boom after implementation ppl will stop playing it. And they will demand changes for 1v1 gameplay.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Algo

Post#32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:09 am

Seems like a fun idea to shake things up

Ugle

Post#33 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 am

Duelling and soloing are two different beasts entirely.

Dueling; quite boring, much can be preplanned, meta and comp tailored for the encounter, much like 6v6.

Soloroaming; exhilarating, the thrill and terror of meeting better players, full groups, warbands and blobs. The heart pounding when you pull something awsome off, the satisfaction when zerged and people /puke you. We all know why :D

Could be fun to try and use one of the side zones in t4 as instanced soloroam zone (probably only way to stop abuse).
inactive

roadkillrobin

Post#34 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:17 am

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:30 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Even if it would be ever implemented, it won’t give you any rewards — therefore no balance for it. It would be just for fun as it was already mentioned. Just a real mini-game to have some fun when you are very tired of ORvR and SCs.
Well, i understand where you come from, but implementing it would still be a part of the game and not really optimized for everyone to play on their mains due to no 1v1 ballance and create issues. I just don't think thats a very good idea in general. Mini games are best suited for solo stuff.
You can’t always play on your mains even in already existing scales (dps healers and WH/WE in RvR warbands, aoe bombers in small scale and etc) so this is not a really valid argument.
There are builds and even classes which were designed to be topdogs in solo encounters, of course, some classes and builds are better for large scale, some for small scale. There is no chance that every “main” will be good in every aspect of the game.
Isn't the absolute ballance goal to make all classes a valid choise to bring in all areas of the game?
When it comes to playstyles and builds of the classes then thats a completly different issue imo, aslong as you can bring every class and be on a competative level in some regard.

I completly dissagre with you regarding the validity. If there's a 1v1 scale format implemented, then there should imo be some measures to make sure every class have a competative build for it but I would say that will come of a cost of other scale formats.

I just don't think this is a good idea. No ballance and people will get frustrated coz thier class isn't optimal for 1v1 and ballancing and nerfing for the sake of 1v1 ballance will bring frustration to fans of other formats.

Theres allreay been a big exodus of players for the sake of ballancing 6man scale at the cost of RVR scale in the past.

DanielWinner

Post#35 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 am

@roadkillrobin
Looks like you missed the point that IF that field would be EVER taken into consideration, it will be FUN ONLY. It means NO rewards, NO balance, you will NEVER be forced to play it, you will get your fun through your very own resources (special classes, builds, etc) — even PVE part of the game will and already have greater value cause you are able to get something from it but “hardcore” 1v1 — simple mini-game, waste of time, call it whatever you want — it will NEVER be a part of the main game as opposed to 6v6 and RvR, therefore, as I said 10 times already — No Balance, No Rewards, Nothing. Leaderboards? Who knows. Even if it would be just a rating of top dps AMs and Shammies.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Nameless

Post#36 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 am

Making leaderboards for 1v1 sc means that ppl will demands balance for that scale and at some point you should give them that or your good intend toward 1v1 scale will backfire quite severely into your face
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

DanielWinner

Post#37 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am

Nameless wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 am Making leaderboards for 1v1 sc means that ppl will demands balance for that scale and at some point you should give them that or your good intend toward 1v1 scale will backfire quite severely into your face
I doubt it. Even if it would happen, it would be just a community leaderboard among special classes which are top soloers. People should whine about balance in main scales: RvR and 6v6.
Devs will never give any great support to 1v1.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Nameless

Post#38 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:39 pm

When there is enough pressure you will bend like wl reversal after like 2 weeks half-done
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Dana
Former Staff

Post#39 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:54 pm

I love 1v1! It was one of the best parts of the game when I played my WE.

Nobody would be harmed when you reimplement the duel function and implement Sullemunks Addon "Duel" as a part of the game by default.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Dana wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:54 pm I love 1v1! It was one of the best parts of the game when I played my WE.

Nobody would be harmed when you reimplement the duel function and implement Sullemunks Addon "Duel" as a part of the game by default.

Duels were used for same realm combat afair. Because of that there were some exploits like friendly punts to get access to locked areas. If that would get back at some point it would need to be locked to a specific area, for example Capitals.