Recent Topics

Ads

40/40 shard please

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mez

40/40 shard please

Post#1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello,

4 years ago I suggested a /level shard for RoR and 100% of the replies laughed at me. See viewtopic.php?f=15&t=256&p=2779&hilit=Mez+shard#p2779

I'm just curious now that it's been some time if we can see if this is still possible? Wow is making a classic server, it's raining cats and dogs. I just think it would be fun to allow people to hop into this game and come back to it as leveling still keeps old friends away.

Thanks

Mezirah
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: 40/40 shard please

Post#2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Wow can do it because of the huge demand. There just isnt enough playerbase to spread over 2 servers, let alone another shard.

Mez

Post#3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 pm

I get it. I only suggest low pop due to leveling requirement. On an old game where the only reason to play for anyone I know was and is and end game. Lot of us have other priorities now, and even other MMO's to play.

When I come on to put US times here and there, typically best there is 1 premade on each realm. That's 12 people. I know I could get 12 more who dont play just cause all they want to do is come on and pvp a couple nights a week. But leveling and gear gaps keeps them from investing the time.

C'mon, 40/40 shard with full templates, no RR progression. Just a good old Rp-PvP shard to run around prang in while waiting for queue. That doesnt sound fun to some? But it does to me. I want WAR esport. Letsgoooo.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

orillah
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Apoc did half of what you suggested in our old post. But none of your ideas will never see a light there. Drama and stuff are happening for nearly a year already.

catholicism198

Post#5 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Wow is making a "classic" server not a vanilla one.

ChicagoJoe

Post#6 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:14 pm

I second the request for a single 40/40 - more ALTS mean more people playing.

I don't care that I spent hours more on characters than someone with a new 40/40 - I'd be happy to boost an ALT or bring more people in. More people in a RVR means more fun.

The population needs a boost.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

daniilpb

Post#7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:22 pm

You’d better make such shards obtainable through actual gameplay and in-game economy. So an average player would have to level at least one character from 0/0 to 40/40 and earn something (special currency or gold) to buy that shard which would allow him to get another toon to 40/40.
Speaking for myself, leveling drove away hell lot of fun for me especially when you get exhausted as hell after reaching sometimes enormous requirements for your class to be viable (gear, rr, etc. Simply I doubt that this is possible to have fun playing a green-gear-garbage can). You just don’t have any spirit to level another character to have a change. Basically, you’d better just quit the game for some time.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

TanithScout

Post#8 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:45 pm

daniilpb wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:22 pm You’d better make such shards obtainable through actual gameplay and in-game economy. So an average player would have to level at least one character

Speaking for myself, leveling drove away hell lot of fun
Make your mind up.

People come back, because they played and loved WAR, or it is free.
People coming back who played before now have family, career, lives, and might not make it to 40 despite knowing there is a great game and community waiting for them. They might want to level for the nostalgia or skip it to get to the subjectively good stuff.
People coming here because it's free might want to play the game for fun and not use a lvlup scroll, or they might take it, get to 40, have no idea what theyre doing and leave. Or maybe the levelling grind solo will kill them, and it will almost definitely be solo unless they start with friends, which I doubt.

So, its my opinion a lvl40 scroll would be a viable option for increasing the 'player count' of the game as I think the pros outweight the cons.

Perhaps make it in the help tips when you start that at 20 you can fasttrack to 40 if you wish while offering advice as to picking a class/playstyle you enjoy before you use the scroll.

P.S. Renown should not be factored into this. Even a gobbo knows if being offered max level while there is another bar to level, that bar is the real level not the maxed one.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:47 pm

No. Been discussed in the past. Not changing, it's just not the kind of server we aspire to be.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog