Recent Topics

Ads

T1 and PvE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Psilord

T1 and PvE

Post#1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Warhammer Online is a cool Game and have many very nice zones , which are worth to play in that zone .
I only play PvP/RvR with a few Charakters , cause I dont have 4 to 5 hours time to play in RvR .
So many of the time I playing in Warhammer Online is eighter in T1 ore I play PvE at higher Zones .

RR is a very importent thing in the game , cause you can skill up your passiv skills . So I also look to keep RR on max , till I leave T1 at LvL 16 ( with RR 30 ). But to keep up RR maxed is getting even harder , cause the ratio exp to rr is from 3:1 to 10:1 in Nordland . So I cant go this RvR zones these days , cause I level much to fast cause of the heavy EXP .

Also in other zones I can see many people who also playing AFK ( dont attacking active ) to keep there RR maxed .

On the other Side the cap for RR was taken from RR80 to RR255 .

If the RR you can gain in T1 will raised from 20 per tick to ex. 40 per tick , will cause that many players will activly fighting in that range , instead of camping in T1 . Maybe its worth to try it !!!

Thanks for good work !!!

PS: I know that Warhammer is an RvR-based Game , but everyone should play it to have fun ! And it will be sad , if all the beatyfull PvE zones are made for nothing ! ( i know many will hate me cause I write this topic ;-) )

Ads
diedrake

Re: T1 and PvE

Post#2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:45 pm

My only suggestion is stop afk bo farming and go aao farming instead. When i played i aao farmed left t1 usually w rr 27- 29.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Rynocerous

Post#3 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 pm

The PvE in this game can be amusing at times, especially with the higher respawn rate. And the zones are not only beautiful but a great deal of them paid great attention to detail , such as the White Tower of Hoeth, the Slayer Keep, and particularly the Emperor's Palace.

That being said, a 50% increase to renown gained from standing on a BO is not going to make people AFK less, I fear. In fact, at that rate, there will be people willing to simply camp two BO and let the other side camp the other two BO and absorb RR.

The only suggestion I can think of is that you don't gain RR from BO standing unless you have made a kill (or be in a party/wb that has made a kill) in the past X minutes, where X is adjusted for reason. There's problems with that idea too, of course.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

catholicism198

Post#4 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 pm

It's easier to "aao farm" with some classes than others.

I've set up some groups- killed a few people- died more often than not, but the exp you get from killing players is exponentially greater than the renown you get.
I (solo) killed one player the other day and got 15k exp but only 200~ renown. -So there's no way you left t1 with rr27-30. You simply get way too much exp from killing players in t1.

Borek

Post#5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 pm It's easier to "aao farm" with some classes than others.

I've set up some groups- killed a few people- died more often than not, but the exp you get from killing players is exponentially greater than the renown you get.
I (solo) killed one player the other day and got 15k exp but only 200~ renown. -So there's no way you left t1 with rr27-30. You simply get way too much exp from killing players in t1.
You absolutely can leave T1 at RR27+, but it involves picking the lowest XP ticking BO's and generally having a numerical advantage for your side when you play so the chances of getting solo kills are minimal. Heck i *rushed* my Choppa by deliberately spending as much time as i could on high XP BO's and i still left at RR24, almost 25.

catholicism198

Post#6 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Borek wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 pm It's easier to "aao farm" with some classes than others.

You absolutely can leave T1 at RR27+, but it involves picking the lowest XP ticking BO's and generally having a numerical advantage for your side when you play so the chances of getting solo kills are minimal. Heck i *rushed* my Choppa by deliberately spending as much time as i could on high XP BO's and i still left at RR24, almost 25.
I know it's possible to leave t1 with rr27-30- my toon is at r15 rr28 right now- what's not possible is leaving t1 with rr27-30 when farming aao. The Exp to renown ratio is heavily skewed towards exp, so you would hit r16 really quick.

Borek

Post#7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:03 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 pm

I know it's possible to leave t1 with rr27-30- my toon is at r15 rr28 right now- what's not possible is leaving t1 with rr27-30 when farming aao. The Exp to renown ratio is heavily skewed towards exp, so you would hit r16 really quick.
And yet someone says they do it and implies it's a regular feature of their playstyle, where as you who have NOT tried it claim that it simply cannot happen. I'll take the word of the person who HAS tried it over the person who made a couple of kills with AAO and made untested claims based on a small data set.

catholicism198

Post#8 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Borek wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:03 pm
And yet someone says they do it and implies it's a regular feature of their playstyle, where as you who have NOT tried it claim that it simply cannot happen. I'll take the word of the person who HAS tried it over the person who made a couple of kills with AAO and made untested claims based on a small data set.
I fly a rocket to work everyday to get to my job on the moon.

Guess since I claim I do that on a regular basis and is part of my life it must be true.

Ads
Borek

Post#9 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:20 pm
Borek wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:03 pm

I fly a rocket to work everyday to get to my job on the moon.

Guess since I claim I do that on a regular basis and is part of my life it must be true.
Even if the other player is lying you flat out admitted you've not tried it, so just shut up lol.

catholicism198

Post#10 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Borek wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 pm Even if the other player is lying you flat out admitted you've not tried it, so just shut up lol.
I never said such a thing. But nice try bro.