Recent Topics

Ads

Realms farming bags / feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CountTalabecland

Re: Realms farming bags / feedback

Post#41 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:26 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am Only RNG and getting duplicates still can bugger sometimes.
Duplicate game is strong once you get to where I am currently with 4/6 pieces and missing the helm and chest. At the rate I play orvr I should have the 500+ medallions I need by sometime in 2022 :shock: . I think this system is much better than the old "realm competes for 2 bags" system from live. The duplicate issue is really my only problem with it. And I agree, preventing conq acquisition until rr 40 makes ppl orvr longer , which is apparently important so they don't leave and play those damn scenarios.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#42 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:13 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:26 pm

And I agree, preventing conq acquisition until rr 40 makes ppl orvr longer , which is apparently important so they don't leave and play those damn scenarios.
I disagree. In my case it was completly opposite. When change happened, I've dropped RoR for half year or so, after coming back I barely play once again as being forced to be 40/41 on every character to actualy gain anything is imho horrible.

RuffRyder

Post#43 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:07 am

Doing SCs instead of RvR always had its place, because you can decide to
- go for a SC set or weapon
- usually gain RR faster in many SCs
- get XP way faster in SCs (31-40 bolster gap) after Aza's changes
- like small-scale gameplay or mechanics better
- …

I can understand that ppl avoid RvR pre-40/41 because they want Conq, but you also don't get other RvR sets this way.
From my PoV I never went for PvE sets before BL or now Redeye/Onslaught, rather did SCs but still mostly RvR.
Collecting Seals is a thing, too.

It's also depending on how the action goes in RvR, sometimes you lose most SCs, sometimes RvR is stagnating, but at least in EU prime there are 2+ WBs in zones (what not includes working together or being competitive sadly), so you have plenty possibilities for contributing, be it 24- or 6-man or even soloing.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Dajciekrwi

Post#44 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:32 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:53 pm My solution to bag farming.
Remove the bags completely. Make the items purchaseable for conq currency.
Sorted , no whining over 12h zone, no whining over rng bags, controlled progress .
Very good concept Acid,its a good idea and motivation to earn/kill enemies. Maybe RvR will be a little revitalized that way!

M0rw47h

Post#45 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:06 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:32 am
Sorted , no whining over 12h zone, no whining over rng bags, controlled progress .
Very good concept Acid,its a good idea and motivation to earn/kill enemies. Maybe RvR will be a little revitalized that way!
Removal of bags for zones, would be equal to removal of items rewards for solo healers.

roadkillrobin

Post#46 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 am

Game needs a endgame with a purpose to progress towards rather then rewards for participating. The competativness for reaching this goal will ballance the realms out aswell as it will force you to stick on one realm to reach that goal.

There's no strategic depth at all with players running around playing tag all day long and people will grow bored of that aswell.

Dajciekrwi

Post#47 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:47 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 am
Game needs a endgame with a purpose to progress towards rather then rewards for participating. The competativness for reaching this goal will ballance the realms out aswell as it will force you to stick on one realm to reach that goal.

There's no strategic depth at all with players running around playing tag all day long and people will grow bored of that aswell.
Yes, You have right but looks a endgame is still far future. Personally, im agreed completly with You, im was a big fan of ALTDORF assault and IC defends. Meanwhile everything is good, if y want to give ppl some short-term goals to reach.
For me : make everything (Red Eye, Onslaught, weapon, talis, potion, dyes) buyable for heavy cost of conquerors. to hold ppl in fight.

mogt

Post#48 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 pm

the playes must know, this game is not just rvr it is pve too, and if the players want the dungeons or pq sets, they must do pve warhammer was ever a rvr and pve game and not 100 % rvr, in my opinion many players forget that

Ads