Recent Topics

Ads

Realms farming bags / feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Realms farming bags / feedback

Post#31 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:23 pm you can get a conqueror in 1 week.....got a total 4 piece on 2 diff chars....
Or you get half a dozen times the same item over and over in gold bags.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:23 pm you can get a conqueror in 1 week.....got a total 4 piece on 2 diff chars....
i conquered 2 tanks, for ave this much duple problem you must be very unlicky.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 am

Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:36 pm
Yes, some people have this kind of luck or they even fail to get a bag with gathered +500 roll bonus, because they roll something like a 3 out of 999.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#34 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 am

Yes, some people have this kind of luck or they even fail to get a bag with gathered +500 roll bonus, because they roll something like a 3 out of 999.
if you log on these "farming morning " in eu prime time dosen't matter if you roll 43 (like me ) at the end your mod to gold bag is so high enough that you will win a gold regardless; this is the problem ....when reward based on the quality of your contribution became a mere numerical thing, keep get zones lock (and you get a lot in eu morning) and you will, regardless of the hard work or not, get the bags.....

Sulorie

Post#35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 am

if you log on these "farming morning " in eu prime time dosen't matter if you roll 43 (like me ) at the end your mod to gold bag is so high enough that you will win a gold regardless; this is the problem ....when reward based on the quality of your contribution became a mere numerical thing, keep get zones lock (and you get a lot in eu morning) and you will, regardless of the hard work or not, get the bags.....
Not everyone can play at every time of day. There are not much locks at EU prime unless it is totally loopsided like yesterday. I joined on 2 locks and both times no loot because no defenders.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#36 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 am
Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 am
Not everyone can play at every time of day. There are not much locks at EU prime unless it is totally loopsided like yesterday. I joined on 2 locks and both times no loot because no defenders.
this is not a problem of eu prime time, if you play in eu primetime, there is not a ratio problem of 3-1 is always happen in low pop time. In prime time there are dedicated guilds / ppl which make a pole of attraction and even the fight /numbers.

Allorien

Post#37 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:15 pm
By that logic, why don't we just give everyone access to Sovereign and LOTD stuff from the get-go - eliminating any need whatsoever to work TOWARDS something. I don't play for renown, and I know many who don't. I do play for fun, but I also understand the need to have carrots that take some effort in order to acquire.

If you really, really wanted to, you could get full conq in a matter of weeks. You can certainly get enough to make you viable within a few days (mixing sets).

"why don't we give everyone access to Sovereign and LOTD stuff from the get-go"

Sure, you have to earn the renown to wear the Sovereign.
LOTD stuff is not implemented in game

"eliminating any need whatsoever to work TOWARDS something"

Your opinion: You play for ______(something other than renown). I don't. My opinion: I play for fun/renown.
So, carrots are different for different people.

"If you really, really wanted to, you could get full conq in a matter of weeks. You can certainly get enough to make you viable within a few days (mixing sets)."

I had viable gear from full Beastlord and 2 pieces (gloves and boots) of any other set for a ballistics bonus. That was a couple of hours of gameplay to accomplish. You are definitely right, split sets ftw.

Getting full conq in a matter of weeks is all relative to how many hours one can play each week and at what times. Also, it is based on general percent population of each faction in the game at the time of being able to play, group compositions, levels of characters relative to the other factions, etc. So many variables here.

I thought about realms farming bags more, and I don't think I care much any more. If I play this game, I only have about 2-4 hours a night MAXIMUM. So lots of times I would spend an entire night and lock one zone. I feel I personally contributed a lot some times, but since its only the first or second zone, I don't get great modifiers. And maybe someone else who had been playing longer that day, who has high modifier just sat on the BO closest to the Warcamp of their own faction...Maybe this whole system needs to be reworked from scratch? The gear-set isn't that great, I'm not motivated unless the gear-set is that much better. So I'm probably not the best person to suggest a solution, but just trying to contribute to the conversation.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#38 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:51 am

Sophia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:23 pm what is worse than tesq's wall of texts ?
Spoiler:
coloured tesq wall of text.
Poor Hao..... still havent learn is lesson
Keep trolling like a school boy, atleast u are good at it.... and zerging ofc "was"
]

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#39 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am

Allorien wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 am I thought about realms farming bags more, and I don't think I care much any more. If I play this game, I only have about 2-4 hours a night MAXIMUM. So lots of times I would spend an entire night and lock one zone. I feel I personally contributed a lot some times, but since its only the first or second zone, I don't get great modifiers. And maybe someone else who had been playing longer that day, who has high modifier just sat on the BO closest to the Warcamp of their own faction...Maybe this whole system needs to be reworked from scratch? The gear-set isn't that great, I'm not motivated unless the gear-set is that much better. So I'm probably not the best person to suggest a solution, but just trying to contribute to the conversation.
But modifiers are persistent and stored across days, so you lose nothing?

RuffRyder

Post#40 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am

It isn't that bad at all, just takes longer than with the old system, where you basically had a chance for endgame stuff from lvl 16 upwards (what didn't make sense) and you have to consider that taking a zone after several RvR/lord changes in the past today takes a bit - sometimes waaay - longer than last year, where 2-3 zone takes on a prime evening (speaking of 2-3 hours of playing) were no exception.

Only RNG and getting duplicates still can bugger sometimes.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)