Recent Topics

Ads

Improve the radius of action on BO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Improve the radius of action on BO

Post#21 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 am

notre wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:12 am [RvR]

Hargrim

- No microticks on BOs if there are more than 12 people on a BO
Really??
I wasn't specting that...that not improve the BO's for sure.

You are welcome. Now you can hide around BO wherever you want, without temptation to get that renown tick :).

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:46 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 am
notre wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:12 am [RvR]

Hargrim

Really??

You are welcome. Now you can hide around BO wherever you want, without temptation to get that renown tick :).
This was a long overdue and extremely welcome change, very happy about this.
Rip Phalanx

Dajciekrwi

Post#23 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:56 am

[/quote]
Hargrim

[/quote]

Really??
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good change, reasonable and hoping. Ty for great work!

notre

Post#24 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:41 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 am You are welcome. Now you can hide around BO wherever you want, without temptation to get that renown tick :).
You are trying to make the players play the game the way you want, and that doens't work on that way.
Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am I'm against "forcing" players to play like this or like that. I still continu to think each kind of players Will find the game he is looking for in the lake with maximum freedom of action.
That's isn't freedom of action, it's the oppossite.

You as a Dev, ask me(the player) to make extensive arguments or explanations, so if i have to talk about any class i have try every single class, so i have to level up one of each, then "i know what i'm talking about before post", for now i have more than 8 40's and some toons coming up. I don't need anything, just for make that clear.

My proposal was for bringing more options to the players who doesn't have the renown but still want to play the game on other ways than the zerg. You missunderstood completly my proposal and you've done the oppossite.

The player goes where the renown is until they reach lvl 80 as simple as that. Again all is about numbers on the screen, no more no less.

If the game was properly finished maybe the changes could be great, but the game is far from being finished and is becoming a Korean grinding game, well again the time has something to say, so i'll wait to see how the player base reacts and what's the "new type of game".
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#25 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:47 am

numbers on the screen sure is a motivator for people but why would we want to encourage the blobbing on BOs? Thats not engaging gameplay (tbh its hard to call it gameplay at all).

Now there should be some incentive to keep the BOs controlled by your realm yes but the major incentive should not be to stay there but to take the opponents BOs and fight the opponent to gain control of the zone.

notre

Post#26 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:47 am numbers on the screen sure is a motivator for people but why would we want to encourage the blobbing on BOs? Thats not engaging gameplay (tbh its hard to call it gameplay at all).

Now there should be some incentive to keep the BOs controlled by your realm yes but the major incentive should not be to stay there but to take the opponents BOs and fight the opponent to gain control of the zone.
LoL
Read again my proposal because it's against the blob.
I'm talking about ambushing the enemy and finding other ways to protect(and getting my rewad) the BO's without being a "sitting duck" on a flag.
8x -> Zealot
6x -> Shammy dps
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:53 am

no, your OP suggest only increasing the area making the blob of semi inactive players slightly less dense but it would not do anything to dissuade them to stop being semi afk

notre

Post#28 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:59 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:53 am no, your OP suggest only increasing the area making the blob of semi inactive players slightly less dense but it would not do anything to dissuade them to stop being semi afk
I don't want to enter a "i say that or you say that", but:

I just say:

"I'm talking about ambushing the enemy and finding other ways to protect(and getting my rewad) the BO's without being a "sitting duck" on a flag."

And that's what the OP says:

"Making the radius bigger (a lot lot bigger) brings:
- You can get defensive positions <--- Formations
- You can ambush your enemy <----!
- Spread the fight instead of fighting on a 40ft radius (wich turns in "kill or die")
- All that above and you still get the BO inf/rep ticks, wich is what the player moslty is looking for (numbers on the screen)"

If that is a "no" for you, ok i can respect that.
8x -> Zealot
6x -> Shammy dps
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#29 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 pm

@notre

Probably have misunderstood your feedback, but, according now you can have an infinite radius for 2 mins i don't see the point :(. Each defense/ attack ticks afaik are quadran based (which explain why sometime a group can have a defense tick from a BO he has never seen...).

notre

Post#30 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 pm @notre

Probably have misunderstood your feedback, but, according now you can have an infinite radius for 2 mins i don't see the point :(. Each defense/ attack ticks afaik are quadran based (which explain why sometime a group can have a defense tick from a BO he has never seen...).
Hi Yaliskah,
Before the patch you see all the players looking the flag...literally.
With that you'll get a wb running from BO to BO and the enemy wb behind taking the same BO's without figthing. I've seen that before.
Greenskin maps are awesome for ambushes, Elfs maps are great for defensive positions due too the bridges and rivers, but that doesn't matter at all if the players doesn't see the tick.
Most of the players have done already all the content on Live, so they only seek getting lvl 80 as fast they cant, so they can play the game "properly" and others only want the "easy win" version, that's what's making the players go for "blob" or the semi-afk.
8x -> Zealot
6x -> Shammy dps
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy