Recent Topics

Ads

Improve the radius of action on BO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lefze
Suspended

Re: Improve the radius of action on BO

Post#11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:31 am
notre wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am
Darks63 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm There is nothing stopping you from getting into those positions other than greed for tiny renown tics.
ALL is about renown & numbers on the screen:
- That's why people try to reach RR80 as fast as they can
- That's why the Dev's let the RR grow up to 250, to get fashion USELESS items and still people want to get one of those(me included).
- You talk only about renown, sure you have the inffluence bar of all chapters ful,l and you don't need inf for gear or simply because you like to complete all the inf bars.
- And because more freedom/options you have, more fun is the game.

The actual radius is too small, if you move 30ft wich is nothing, you loose the tick while you are still in the BO zone.
At least the BO radius has to be like the place where the BO is placed, so you can move around the bo without losing the tick.

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm They could also just remove the periodic gains from BOs. That would allow you to do whatever you want without fear of missing out on that minuscule gain.
I hope that is sarcasm or irony...
"that minuscule gain" sometimes is 20 points, wich is more than i get from assisting on kills (sometimes i get only 1 rp/inf, mostly playing healer).

Again, making the BOs radius bigger, brings some other playstyle.
It was being a smartass, but what you brought up is another issue. Healers used to get a ton of renown, now they get none. Maybe that's part of the problem, if people get more renown sitting on a BO than actually playing.
Actually, they only get more renown from sitting on BOs than from playing poorly. But then the issue arises, put more effort into playing well and maximizing gains, or just sit on the BO and get something for nothing? And the majority chose to go with the latter as soon as constant BO ticks were introduced and have stuck with it since.

I completely agree with just removing all the free ticks. Extending the range of the ticks aint gonna solve much of anything, people are still gonna sit in the safety of the blob on the flag, or the nearest safe hiding spot, but still with the blob.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am

It's pretty much human nature to take the path of least resistance, so of course they are going to choose to sit on a BO like a bunch of goons.

The only way to incentivize people leaving BOs more often would be to either a) remove tick values, or b) beef up ORvR rewards to a degree where free RR ticks seem like a waste of time.

Nuking ticks seems like the more feasible plan, but I would also change BOs to just be capture and forget instead of needing to actually remain on site (potentially just milling around) to hold them.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 am

It all starts in t1. You clear a flag, move away to another flag and almost instantly some enemy players retake the first flag. They don't even look for a fight. You can basically move back and forth between flags and always some victims wait for you. The tiny ticks must be worth it.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am It's pretty much human nature to take the path of least resistance, so of course they are going to choose to sit on a BO like a bunch of goons.

The only way to incentivize people leaving BOs more often would be to either a) remove tick values, or b) beef up ORvR rewards to a degree where free RR ticks seem like a waste of time.

Nuking ticks seems like the more feasible plan, but I would also change BOs to just be capture and forget instead of needing to actually remain on site (potentially just milling around) to hold them.
Why not both though? Remove ticks to make standing on the BO a complete waste of time (it already kinda is, just need to help people realize) and increase rewards from kills and contesting BOs as long as it's not just a warband rolling over one guy to take it.

Keeping the ticks in, but splitting the renown onto everyone on the BO would also work. So basically, one guy holding a BO gets 20 RP, 20 guys holding a BO gets 1 RP each, 21 guys on a BO makes the tick 0.
Rip Phalanx

Flavorburst

Post#15 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am

lefze wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am
Flavorburst wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am It's pretty much human nature to take the path of least resistance, so of course they are going to choose to sit on a BO like a bunch of goons.

Why not both though? Remove ticks to make standing on the BO a complete waste of time (it already kinda is, just need to help people realize) and increase rewards from kills and contesting BOs as long as it's not just a warband rolling over one guy to take it.

Keeping the ticks in, but splitting the renown onto everyone on the BO would also work. So basically, one guy holding a BO gets 20 RP, 20 guys holding a BO gets 1 RP each, 21 guys on a BO makes the tick 0.
I agree with you and think that's totally feasible, but when I said rewards I was referring to gear and such more so than actual renown.

Regardless of what steps may or may not be taken to address how abso-****-lutely vapid BOs are, I would still like to see rewards distributed in a better manner than they are. Things such as potentially having conq boots/gloves drop in ORvR like dom does in SCs, token awards in bags that reflect a percentage of the value of the piece you won (getting a second conq chest piece and having 5 tokens be your consolation prize for a 420 token piece feels like garbage), or even some kind of cyclic set of different influence rewards would all go a long way to inspire people to fight each other instead of everyone sitting around counting their ass hairs until AAO stacks up so high that you get the fun opportunity to PvE a keep. This would probably also serve to enhance peoples willingness to defend a keep, or at the very least engage in some riskier, more interesting behavior.

I like the concept of putting effort into getting good gear and all, but I also know how garbage this game can be when you basically have to eat **** from rr70+ decked out people until you can scrape together (by either luck or attrition) somewhat competitive gear.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#16 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am

Well. I admit it doesnt work as intended initially. :)

System needs some tweaks.

Imo major issue is this one :

- If you want to rank up your realm you need to stay at BO forcing players to stay near it.

As said some time ago we are gonna modify a bit the BO rule ( I cross fingers for next patch) :

- when tagged if none keep the BO it will continu to produce resource and stay tagged for some minutes before turning finally neutral.
- If a BO is not guarded, portal will be desactivated.

When done, about "player issue", according 2 BOs are needed to start ticking and according tick amount decrease with rank i still wonder in which way players prefer to BO sit for reward than fighting. Imo they will just dont want to fight. Ticks or not.

I'm against "forcing" players to play like this or like that. I still continu to think each kind of players Will find the game he is looking for in the lake with maximum freedom of action.

Flavorburst

Post#17 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am Well. I admit it doesnt work as intended initially. :)

- If you want to rank up your realm you need to stay at BO forcing players to stay near it.

As said some time ago we are gonna modify a bit the BO rule ( I cross fingers for next patch) :

- when tagged if none keep the BO it will continu to produce resource and stay tagged for some minutes before turning finally neutral.

When done, about "player issue", according 2 BOs are needed to start ticking and according tick amount decrease with rank i still wonder in which way players prefer to BO sit for reward than fighting. Imo they will just dont want to fight. Ticks or not.

I'm against "forcing" players to play like this or like that. I still continu to think each kind of players Will find the game he is looking for in the lake with maximum freedom of action.
They can still roleplay a blade of grass or whatever it is they do at BOs. No one is asking that they leave the zone, just that they don't get rewarded for doing practically nothing. You want rewards? Cool, involve yourself in merit-worthy pursuits.

lefze
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 am

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am
Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am Well. I admit it doesnt work as intended initially. :)

They can still roleplay a blade of grass or whatever it is they do at BOs. No one is asking that they leave the zone, just that they don't get rewarded for doing practically nothing. You want rewards? Cool, involve yourself in merit-worthy pursuits.
Exactly this. And with the situation as it is, I see no reason to not incentivize active play by increased kill rewards while at it, it's not like people can afk any harder.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
notre

Post#19 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am Imo major issue is this one :

Is 15ft or less, take the Estatue of Everchosen on CW as a referent point, if you go to the first step of the stairs you loose the tick.
If you are fighting behind one of the legs, you lose the tick.
Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am As said some time ago we are gonna modify a bit the BO rule ( I cross fingers for next patch) :

Will wait the next patch then.

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am I'm against "forcing" players to play like this or like that. I still continu to think each kind of players Will find the game he is looking for in the lake with maximum freedom of action.
As I said, more freedom more fun.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

notre

Post#20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:12 am [RvR]

Hargrim

- No microticks on BOs if there are more than 12 people on a BO
Really??
I wasn't specting that...that not improve the BO's for sure.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy