Recent Topics

Ads

ORvR Proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Re: ORvR Proposal

Post#31 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 am

Raggaz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 am Also I think another huge problem is people going to keep and waiting.
What happened to getting BOs and them repairing the door/lord?
This is the current problem.
Destruction has 200 players in oRvR across three zones.
Order has 100 players in oRvR across three zones.

Order has 80 players in Caledor trying to push for fort.

Destruction just needs to move all their forces to elf, get to a three star keep and leave 2-3 warbands there so Order cannot realistically take the keep. Destruction can even leave no people and just zerg Caledor whenever order pushes for a keep. In either case, order don't get an AAO bonuses to their RR.

Destruction can then stick 50 players in dwarf zone and 50 players in empire, and get two star keeps in both against no opposition.

With me so far? Lets say Destruction starts a seige in Reikland. Let's say Order rallies, moving from Caledor and expels Destruction from the keep after a big battle for the inner keep. Maybe the outer door and inner door are destroyed, and need repaired. In the meantime, destruction seige both Caledor and Kadrin Valley since all the order players are in Reikland now.

Order rush to Kadrin Valley and fail to win the seige, A fort gets triggered in Kadrin Valley, so we have a fort in Stonewatch. There is 40% AAO in Stonewatch. Reikland is lost after a breif battle since all of orders forces are in Stonewatch. Reikwatch fort is now 50 v 11 in destruction favour. They take the fort in minutes because all they have to do is kill an npc lord and a handful of players. Destruction then move to Stonewatch where AAO is 100%.

I could switch "Order" with "Destruction" there, and the same problem will exist. If you think the outnumbered side (Order in my example) has some strategy it can deploy, I'd love to hear it, because they don't even seem to benefit from AAO any more. I don't disagree that the way flags are captured might help things, but the issue is not really being caused by supply run mechanisms.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#32 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Raggaz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 am Also I think another huge problem is people going to keep and waiting.

If BOs healed door/lord that was good. It prevents everyone from sitting in the keep.
And then being too outnumbered to do anything about it.
was tried and universally hated.

TiberiusD

Post#33 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 pm

I was thinking about something else.

Since in City Sieges (like back in live if i was remembering correctly) were 36 people vs 36 people (all with reservations - let's say from fortresses) and now in forts are 4 WBs (96 players-defenders) vs 5 WBs (120 players - attacking) why not limiting the population in Tiers also?

For example like this

You have 72 people in City Sieges
You have 216 people in Fortresses
This means a difference of 164 people.
Why not placing in T4 maximum 380 people? The rest should go in T2-T3. And if someone disconnects from T4, another one should take his place so that numbers are maxed. I think this will reduce the lags and it will increase stability + the lower tier zones will be populated and people will split. To have around 400 people in the zone i think it's ok.

This is my opinion

Aw and i forgot. The ratio between defenders and attackers into fortresses should be the same, doesn't matter the numbers. Should be 4 defenders to 5 attackers not less or more. Sometimes i saw more defenders than attackers and vice versa. The ratio was not ok. And i think that even now is the same.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm

Can we stay away from ideas that in the end result in blobs? This whole concept of everyone must fight in one place is really getting old and tired. You want a good BO/zone lock RvR system? Look no further than version 1.0 to 1.3. Just get rid of the VP bs and keep the BO/zone lock mechanics.
Hey ... if old school can work for armor wards, it can work for RvR too.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Raggaz

Post#35 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:23 pm

If BOs healed door/lord that was good. It prevents everyone from sitting in the keep.
And then being too outnumbered to do anything about it.
was tried and universally hated.
I dont know who this universally people are. RvR is no longer about pvp.
Its the people deciding what happens are the people who just want the easy way and no longer want to fight.

There is no fighting anymore, its like optional. You dont fight for BOs, you dont fight for resources. You dont fight for anything.
Fighting is an option.

Two forts being open at the sametime is another issue. But its not an issue for those who dont want to fight..
What does anyone have to fight over in this game anymore? Other than randomly at keep defs or running into each other, while trying not to run into eachother?

And dont say the players decide to play this way, because the game fully supports it.
What do we fight over anymore? The WBs ive been in recently actually go out of the way not to fight.
People leave zones to not fight.. What is this?
drmordread wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm Can we stay away from ideas that in the end result in blobs? This whole concept of everyone must fight in one place is really getting old and tired.
What do you mean by blobs? More than 50 people fighting somewhere? You dont like a lot of fighting in an area? I dont understand.
And it wouldnt be just in one place, BOs/zones would unlock based on population. And if only 2 BOs were open at a time, what would be the problem? What do you have against a bunch of players in an area fighting? This is a pvp game..
am I in some weird alternate reality where fighting in a pvp game is bad?
Last edited by Raggaz on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Raggaz

Post#36 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 am

repost. deleted

BeautfulToad

Post#37 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:26 am

Raggaz wrote: Also I think another huge problem is people going to keep and waiting.

The supplies were added because people would afk at the flags for sometimes hours contributing nothing. It was actually very infuriating. It is a shame but that's why supplies were added.

If this is separate from the realm war, I am not sure there is much of a problem. Or any changes to flags have to take into account the realm war.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#38 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:41 am

Raggaz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 pm What do you mean by blobs? More than 50 people fighting somewhere? You dont like a lot of fighting in an area? I dont understand.
And it wouldnt be just in one place, BOs/zones would unlock based on population. And if only 2 BOs were open at a time, what would be the problem? What do you have against a bunch of players in an area fighting? This is a pvp game..
am I in some weird alternate reality where fighting in a pvp game is bad?
Your proposal includes zones being available, like BO's, based on population. This leads to blobbing. I tried stating this in a nice polite way, but you had to get all uppity cause I did not like your idea. Well that is because your idea sucks!!!

Look, just because you lack the imagination to do anything more than rush out of a wc to one place, die, respawn, rush out and rinse and repeat, that is not my problem. What is my problem is that players like you have dumbed the game down.

There has always been fighting, always will be fighting. I prefer to fight only when the advantage is mine. Actually any good player, group, or war band does the same thing. Fight only when the advantage is in their favor.

Your system forces players that are outnumbered 5 to 1 or more to fight a blob. That is STUPID. Will only end in a loss, and players to stop playing, reducing pop, and further confining all rvr in ONE location.

Basically, you want all the players in one location just fighting, for no other reason than to fight. You want to turn the entire game into one giant instance of Caledor Bridge.

NO THANKS!!!!!! I like options. I have an imagination and options allow my outnumbered side to fight efeectively and make renown without being run over by fraggin blobs.

If blobs are all you want .... go play WoW or some cheap free mmo on facebook because you dont have what it takes to make it in WAR!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#39 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:26 am
Raggaz wrote: Also I think another huge problem is people going to keep and waiting.

The supplies were added because people would afk at the flags for sometimes hours contributing nothing. It was actually very infuriating. It is a shame but that's why supplies were added.

If this is separate from the realm war, I am not sure there is much of a problem. Or any changes to flags have to take into account the realm war.
and how is carrying supplies eliminate afk? one carries supplies and half the warband is in afk.

Well, even if you look at the current system. the goal of one side is to take supplies, the goal of the other is to prevent the first side from taking suppies. But then why can't I see the enemy who is currently doing it? it would be better if I could see who and where at the moment carries supplies, so that I could intercept him, kill and take away supplies.

it is also not clear why various resources were made for destro and order.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tesq

Post#40 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 am

drmordread wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm Can we stay away from ideas that in the end result in blobs? This whole concept of everyone must fight in one place is really getting old and tired. You want a good BO/zone lock RvR system? Look no further than version 1.0 to 1.3. Just get rid of the VP bs and keep the BO/zone lock mechanics.
Hey ... if old school can work for armor wards, it can work for RvR too.
cant work, 4x diff timer will allow snowball from 1 flag to another one; need 1 big timer for all flags , ppl will be force to contest flags at the same time.