Recent Topics

Ads

PUG and Premade scenario groups

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gmaw

PUG and Premade scenario groups

Post#1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 am

Why not place pug and premade groups in separate queues for scenarios? This way a pugger would be able to play all the scenarios knowing they won`t have to face a premade and premades won`t have the boredom of farming pugs.I only pug ,why should I be limited to one scenario in which our team might stand a chance?
Premades vs premade and pugs vs pugs .Keep them separate without penalizing puggers by making them face premades in all but one scenario.

Edit: Also don`t allow duos to join pug que.

Ads
daniilpb

Re: PUG and Premade scenario groups

Post#2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 am

Because it’s a group based game. It’s meant to be played like this. Pugging is the only thing that should be punished in this game.
I must agree that sometimes you want to play casually or just don’t have enough time to group and etc (I pug myself a lot because of that) that’s why there is a single pug sc which is already a really big bone which most of pug players don’t deserve (back in my days we had to pug through everything against premades).
Probably casual play shouldn’t be punished but, believe me, you miss like 60% of the game by pugging: you don’t know classes well, have no idea about synergies, you never communicate with people properly etc.
So, as I said, there is a huge bone already thanks to devs great mercy.
Pugging should not be encouraged any more.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 am

Gmaw

I understand your concerns. The devs do their best to make everyone's play enjoyable. Perhaps a possible solution would be to increase the frequency. Or possibly make it 2 SCs. Currently there is 2 6v6 SC, so why not 2 pug SCs. And then the rest is opened up for everyone for the Q all. But I personally would like to see 1 6v6, 1 pug, and just change the freq. Keep your ideas coming, its good to brainstorm. This game is meant for everyone. Soloers and Groups that's the great thing. There is PVE you can do yourself, crafting, scenarios, and doing your part in the Realm by helping out with BOs. Or rezing the fallen, clearing the oil by being a WE/WH. Playing how you want is the most important thing. Don't let anyone pressure you in thinking otherwise.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 am

Basically what daniilpb said.
Also there is the problem with groups of less than 6man. Splitting PuGs and Groups requires that on the other side also a 3/4/5man queues, otherwise your side will be on a numbers disadvantage or scenarios won´t open at all. The population on the server is too low to enable this split.

I agree with the no duos in PuG-sc allowed. PuG-sc should be for instant action without the hassle of finding a group. Duo is a great advantage in PuG-sc. While full group-sc likely give you better rewards over time, with a duo only queing for PuG-sc you most likely have a better reward/time ratio than a 3man group queing for all, which is bad design in a group based game.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Gmaw

Post#5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 am

@daniilpb why join a premade myself? To farm pugs like the most of them do .No ty been there done that .What a snooze fest. Let premades farm each other and let pugs play only against other pugs.Pugs are also groups .Pug is an acronym dont you know,the g stands for group

szejoza

Post#6 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 am

tbh event shows how people are eager to group up, and I'm starting to lean towards no pug scenario at all

As long as there is a pug scenario available people won't group up if their only reason to do sc's is getting emblems. If there is an unique reward connected to non-pug sc (like CoC now) people are starting to group up, compositions are weird (I had 3 WPs in one of our lolpremades) but this can be seen on both sides which evens the odds, people are actually starting to group up and not rely on other randoms as in pug scs

I wonder what would happen if we were to remove pug scenarios completely...
Spoiler:

amputationsaw

Post#7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am

mostly good thoughts, but before handling this problem, i think the problem of class line ups and composition is still alive. so often you see line ups like this :

sadly that happens too often and i guess that happens when you pug alot because most players dont wanna do the dirty jobs (atleast on order side). idk if this concern is solvable, but is frustrates many players.

daniilpb

Post#8 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:42 am

Gmaw wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 am @daniilpb why join a premade myself? To farm pugs like the most of them do .No ty been there done that .What a snooze fest. Let premades farm each other and let pugs play only against other pugs.Pugs are also groups .Pug is an acronym dont you know,the g stands for group
To not complain about damn premades and muh team don't have healers/tanks/etc
The real snooze fest is when you join pug sc and see a dps AM/Shaman as the only one healer.
Or when there is a kotbs/IB/Chosen with deftard build sitting at flag.
Want easy rewards playing one hand? Sorry, mate, not this time.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Kragg

Post#9 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:48 am

I don't mind the premades but I for one however do mind the premades who go into the pug two by two and avoid the restrictions. At that point we have an issue because the premade interfers in the only scenario that is set aside for the casual player.

Odd how groups that claim to be only intrested in competitive 6 vs 6 yet only heads out to farm players in a pug.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:49 am

There is no plans to increase either 6v6 only or pug only scenarios into more then 2 and 1 maps respectively.

And as far as I understand OP, what you are asking for is to make 2 entirely different queues with all maps available to both. This is a. not possible with the current UI of the game and b. not going to be spent effort on to do as there are way more important issues to solve.