Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: organized warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NoRKaLKiLLa

What would it take: organized warband

Post#1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm

What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally join a warband) join or form a guild, establish voice communications, respec to optimize your warband composition and fight in RvR .

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.

Ads
mogt

Re: What would it take: organized warband

Post#2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:17 pm

you know, each player decide own what they do, if they dont play with a group guild, or wb, then this palyer play alone or something,

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:27 pm

I'm looking for suggestions and feedback regarding encouraging players who don't normally participate in a specific aspect of the game, to enjoy doing so more often than they currently do- quasi philosophical anecdotes are neither feedback nor a suggestion.

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Show me that I'm only playing at a fraction of my potential, and and show me that joining you, hearing your opinion and letting you guide me will take me to new heights.

Basically what I felt back in the day, the first part is the most important one, if people don't know how much they are missing out on, they will never have any real will to improve let alone listen to someone who they have no idea is a far superior player yell at them.
Rip Phalanx

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 pm

You should send Gaiscoch leader a tell. His guild is probably the most effective at bringing people together and organzing events.

Play as you want, when you want to...I think is their motto. I think this is a good motto for casual players.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:04 pm

i played in an a guild that was all about orvr as a tank with coms and the whole 9 yards

but it was soo boring, basically spamming htl/cant hit me till M2 was up then we raze/morale bombed

sure i was showered in medals and purple numbers but it was boring but if you messed up you get berated in coms

then i went away from the game for a bit because of the hurricane that hit texas and when i finally logged again i had been kicked for inactivity

boring playstyle but still under pressure not to make mistakes combine that with the fact that i dont have the patience not to bother with the current like 2 hrs it takes to flip a zone

Fractus

Post#7 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Agree with lefze, show people what else they can do, this is a team based game that is really rewarding when you play together on Comms as a team.

Tanks guarding/CCing, healers healing and constantly making sure they are in the right position, staggering enemy healers at just the right time, buffing and cleansing. And dps working together to focus, boost damage and burst it when the tank has punted the enemy tank and healer has staggered the enemy healer. It's not rocket science to achieve but it does require Comms, a few mins to brief each other, and practice and is really rewarding when you pull it off.

Also getting 100+ kills in a zone lock as a 4 man in EU mornings is so much fun.
You get to a point where you enjoy your role as part of your team, have a chat on both sides so you can login to where the AAO is (easier to find fights, PVP game right). Most of us don't need gear but we still play because it's fun and rewarding as a team.

I never knew half of this even possible for a year of playing in RoR, and sometimes I just want to solo pug for a bit but never for long, you miss the laughter on Comms and the fun of when you win a fight you really should have not had a chance to win hah.

Don't take loosing too seriously, learn to laugh at each other,make some friends and get good as a team. Join discord channels, most 6 man or wb guilds put lfg to fill out teams if you keep an eye out.

The big thing that enables all of us this, is one way or another you need a leader, which is just someone who drives where you go as a team, I've mentioned before in previous posts I think leaders (6man or warband) should get extra rewards via a flag (wasleader with s timestamp if viable)

Hugatsaga

Post#8 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 pm

I'm probably done with full warbands, stopped doing them at some point on live and havent changed my mind yet. Personally finding small scale way more enjoyable nowdays. Pretty much smaller the better imho. I'm not very familiar with full WB scene in RoR but the feeling I have is that full guild WB is often an overkill. You can top kills in zone in small grps or even solo quite often.

That being said, I still want to give proper answer your question. Being part of organized WB used to be really fun back in the days.

At least these things would have to happen imho:

1) Server pop would have to increase a lot.
2) Good old zergs and renown trains would have to come back. Which leads to more competitive minded people wanting to figure out the way of beating those zergs which leads to:
3) Either some old guild leaders would have to come back or some new people would have to start setting up warband-sized guilds...
4) ...which in turn should lead to increase competition in wb vs wb scene which hopefully would feed itself into more and more guilds being born and wanting to make difference in rvr lakes.
5) This might be impossible but there used to be this thing called realm pride which would have to come back to certain extent. Back on live (at least earlier days) organized guilds wouldnt relog other side to farm opponents with aao when one side gave up but instead tried to push opponents capital in order to kill the king to farm sov (which was rare back then) and brag about it next day in WHA forums. Similarly guilds and alliances who did the most of the heavy lifting wanted bragging rights over other guilds.
6) There would have to be system that rewards pushing. That means forts, city fights, king kills and such. Getting to kill opponents king first times felt pretty damn epic back in live.
7) Last and most importantly, RoR devs would have to give BW's and Sorcs back their old Close Quarters tactic (+35% dmg within 45ft or so iirc) for me to enjoy bomb BW once again. :P
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Ads
Panodil

Post#9 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Remove AoE cap.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Tesq

Post#10 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:12 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:27 pm I'm looking for suggestions and feedback regarding encouraging players who don't normally participate in a specific aspect of the game, to enjoy doing so more often than they currently do- quasi philosophical anecdotes are neither feedback nor a suggestion.

How can players enjoy the game if their class suck at it?

Choppa aoe ****
Wl aoe ****
We aoe not even have a build
Wh aoe not even have a build

These Are 4 classes cut out of wb play

Which you can add

Sw/engi till mara GoM get nerf

Maybe instead fix the ppl.will to join WB you should fix their will to PLAY by fix their CLASS aswell making em viable. Since i lost count , and i lost a lot of time trying coordinating wb around, how much choppa tend to hate themself and how much they suck in every build possible compared to slayers.

How much keep on choop is still regarded as that good skill lol and then slayer have rampage...and the GTDC was buffed for gank? A 13 pt AOE mastery SKILL buffed for gank /small scale

Do you need more reason WHY PPL ARE NOT play in wb on some classes?

Class suck at aoe

Choppa
Wl
Wh
We

Class countered too heavily by realm gimmik countering each other (GoM/rampage + shatterlimbs???)

Sw
Engi
Wl

-bw m2 made over time like magus one?
-Wl m2 made istant like WE?
-Stop pretend wl aoe have an aoe burst like it is while in st burst and so his ap problem in aoe build should not be fixed.

As addition my number of lost choppa that rerrolled order even pre choppa fasta nerf cuz choppa suck count is 3.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.