Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
xoonerfree
Suspended

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#81 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 am

Have 6v6 give rewards that you can't get anywhere else.

Power and progression is the driving force in this game.

So 1,500 emblems from 6v6 scen gives an item that's at least +5% stronger than the best item of that slot. So perhaps we grind out 1,500 6v6 group scen emblems to get a ring with +50 str, tali slot and +50 to each resist.

If the reward isn't better than already existing items (or at least easier to get) then the content won't be used.

You guys are so afraid of power creep.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#82 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 am

xoonerfree wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 am Have 6v6 give rewards that you can't get anywhere else.

So 1,500 emblems from 6v6 scen gives an item that's at least +5% stronger than the best item of that slot. So perhaps we grind out 1,500 6v6 group scen emblems to get a ring with +50 str, tali slot and +50 to each resist.

If the reward isn't better than already existing items (or at least easier to get) then the content won't be used.

This would require a similar system for all relevant formats, giving specifically 6v6 players exclusive rewards doesn't sound quite right to me as the game isn't based on 6v6 alone.
Rip Phalanx

peterthepan3

Post#83 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 am

xoonerfree wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 am Have 6v6 give rewards that you can't get anywhere else.

I don't believe in giving items that offer a +% in damage/healing/overall stats via this platform. As Lefze said, the game isn't a 6v6 MOBA.

Any incentives should be cosmetic/for bragging rights, imo - having no impact on the overall game, but being tempting enough to lure people to try it out when the RvR gets stale for them. Variety is a good thing in any game.

Xergon

Post#84 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 am

I don't believe in giving items that offer a +% in damage/healing/overall stats via this platform. As Lefze said, the game isn't a 6v6 MOBA.

Any incentives should be cosmetic/for bragging rights, imo - having no impact on the overall game, but being tempting enough to lure people to try it out when the RvR gets stale for them. Variety is a good thing in any game.

What about Statues in Capital City like it was on live, these were some cool rewards for effort.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#85 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am

If you want a bragging rights game then just make everyone rr80 with access to all gear and call it Overwatch. (On a side note, it would be nice to be able to swap out at least 1 class in scen when you die similar to Overwatch.) The fundamental game is designed around progression of power/abilities/items. It's a grind game at heart.

You're right it's not a moba but a small reward for one slot over rvr rewards isn't going to kill the game but it could give groups a 6-12 month grindable goal.

Gunbad was sort of a failure because the gear just isn't that good for the time required. The only thing really worth much of anything in Gunbad are the purple seeds - which are just dumb luck to get off heroes, unless they changed it cause I never saw one drop. I even have a full set of redeye armor that took way too long to get considering I have to beg people to join -- they just don't see the value in going when conq gear is just as good. Even the purple pq bag weapons in Gunbad are slightly worse than subj weapons. At least put new purple weapons on the wing bosses that are slightly better than subj weapons, even by a small margin with at least a 30% drop rate. That alone would 10x the people interested in Gunbad. But not that insane rare purple seed drop rate.

Reward will drive interest in content.

lefze
Suspended

Post#86 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:43 am

Xergon wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 am

What about Statues in Capital City like it was on live, these were some cool rewards for effort.
It's overall impossible to really measure who is the best though. I don't think anything like this is doable or even a good idea to attempt before the game is in a lot more stable state. Too many godlike comps have come out of stuff that simply shouldn't have been in the game, and this still goes on.
Rip Phalanx

Darosh
Banned

Post#87 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Cosmetics.

° Useables/trophies that add decent - no lazershow-esque - particle effects to animations, glows to characters, yadayada.
° Unique skins like on live; e.g.: onehand-cleava shield skin for blocrs, WL garb for DoKs, Engi leather jackets for Slayer, 2h hammer for Chosen.
Rule of thumb: interchangeable race items (DE<->HE), Orcs (Blorc/Choppa; SH/SHA), Dwarf (SL/Engi, Engi/IB, IB/SL, IB/Engi), Chaos<->Empire, 2h skins for all classes that can wield 2h - 1h for all classes that can wield 1h (like the halloween skins, yadayada).

Issue with cosmetics, as I've unterstood it: New assests require client control, old assets are reserved for their content (LotD, Sov, yadayada).

Abbd.:
Note: I, as many others, have wasted spent HOURS to get the skins made available today with the new event... and god damnit it's been a tedious mess, as is all PvE ~ no offense to those that worked on the questline.
Last edited by Darosh on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

adamthelc

Post#88 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:30 pm

As people have already said I think the real answer is a higher population.

I think your effort would go further in getting people who dont already play to start playing than it would trying to convince people who already play.

It's hard to be really competitive in a game that doesnt have the population to support it. Not trying to be negative, I would like to see it have that population.

Just speaking for myself, I have thought about dedicating the time to finding a group and spending the time to get characters to that point. The only incentive I would need is the promise of good fights. But all I hear about is 6v6 queues never popping and good groups stomping pugs. The real incentive isnt there. So I pug and play casually. Mostly in t1 even though I have endgame characters.

Ads
xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#89 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:40 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:30 pm As people have already said I think the real answer is a higher population.

I think your effort would go further in getting people who dont already play to start playing than it would trying to convince people who already play.

It's hard to be really competitive in a game that doesnt have the population to support it. Not trying to be negative, I would like to see it have that population.

Just speaking for myself, I have thought about dedicating the time to finding a group and spending the time to get characters to that point. The only incentive I would need is the promise of good fights. But all I hear about is 6v6 queues never popping and good groups stomping pugs. The real incentive isnt there. So I pug and play casually. Mostly in t1 even though I have endgame characters.
You're not being negative. Low pop games spiral downward fast and die.

Luuca

Post#90 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:00 pm

The issue, as I see it, for NORTH AMERICAN PLAYTIMES, is strictly population based. We fight the same basic 6 mans in the same basic meta night after night. We win some, we lose some, but the times we lose, it's "ROCK beating SCISSORS" and no real contest. The times we win, It's a good even fight and we eek out a victory on the Objectives or lose on objectives by win on Kills:Death ratios.

I'm not sure I'd want EU Prime numbers nightly for NA Prime due to server issues/zone issues, but the if you want a larger 6v6 "scene" in NA PRIME, you'll need close to those numbers.

The second issue is a Morale issue. Zaxxed is a good example of a guild founded not on running a Meta group hell bent on victory in SCs, but upon the idea that we all like who we are playing with and have fun doing so. When a guild forms their META 6-man, and works at that 6-man nightly, other members of that guild NOT in the 6-man are often left out of grouping. In Zaxxed at least, we try to include and work around all players on, no matter their spec and skill level. This often leads to Fun in ORvR, but being the overwhelming loser in SCs where we are blown out by a true META Destru group.

If I had to try and implement something to make SCs closer to the 6v6 fights LIVE had, I'd say fix it so that double premades are easier in SCs. I would want the ability for a 12-man T4-level "warband" can que as two unique groups for SCs and more than likely get in the same SC together. While this is not strictly 6v6 (more like 12v12 in SCs) it would allow those running less than optimal comps in ORvR (to be inclusive of non-BiS players and not META specs - looking at you DPS Runepriest) to reform into their "META" 6-man in the SC with an albeit weaker 2nd group. and when they leave the SC, back to the 12-man imperfect groups.

I hope you see how this would benefit the SC scene and at the very least help more inclusive and casual guilds within an alliance to group for ORVR and ques SCs to form the Meta group once in the SC.

The pure 6v6 scene is kinda still alive, but unless the opposition facing a true Meta 6-man is willing to become non-inclusive and distil their efforts into a non-inclusive Meta 6-man of their own, they will never be competitive. Opening up Que-Quer to double group SC queuing would help us be more competitive in SCs against META Groups, as well as remain inclusive in ORvR.

EDIT: Yes, I do understand that TWO of the META groups can also join one SC and you'd have the same Rock, Paper, Scissors issues, but I do believe we filthy casuals would have a better chance with 12 less-than-meta players on coms than 1 less-than-meta 6 man on coms and the other 6-man randos without group comp or coms.