Recent Topics

Ads

keep and zone lock

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
flintboth

keep and zone lock

Post#1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 am

Here a little suggetion about RvR map locking.

If we have to capture at the same time four flags (or two or three... let test an adequate numbers...) TO lock the map we can avoid the Annoying PvE keep Lord.

Why 4 flags ? Because all of those flags are representative of a part of the RvR and capture them mean a good management of the battalefield; Like :

- two flags representative of the control and management of the map and the Battle Objective's, two flags = two of the four Battle Objectives; The two Battle Objectives furthest apart from each other on the map.
- one flag for the control of the outer enemy wall (enemy keep management), on the top of the oil tower
- one flag for the control of the inner enemy keep (enemy keep management), on the top of the keep

At same time ( 20 seconds needed to take one flag and all flags must be captured with a tolerance of one second maximum between every flags) that mean players must be coordinated to capture them, use the approprioate chat and "communicate" and they must control four (or three... need to be tested) position during 20 seconds (or another timer, 15 sec, 10 sec... depend what timer is the best for the game).
If a player is interupted when he take a flag all flags (the 4 or the three... depend what design is tested) must be taken again at "T zero". That mean no enemies around the four flag position >>> around 2 battelfield objectives, around the outer enemy tower, around the top of enemy keep during 20 seconds (or less or more, depend what timer is the best for).

Thank you.
Last edited by flintboth on Thu May 03, 2018 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Rydiak

Re: keep and zone lock

Post#2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Ummm, what?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

zgolec

Post#3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:31 pmUmmm, what?
x2
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:25 pm

1) Remove keep lords
2) Spawn 2 flags in keep in outer gate and inner keep, remove 2 from the zone
3) Cap all 4 flags to lock the zone, have so much fun zerging and ignoring most of zone!

kiannas

Post#5 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:33 pm

keep it a full ride amusement park, all 4 bfo's and the 2 in keep to make it a proper
6 flags.......

delcon

Post#6 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm

the current system is fine just needs tweaking and that's what they are doing give it some time.

Bignusty

Post#7 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm

The current system isnt fine ! Now nobody coming def keep all playing BO . This afternoon on Ellyrion keep we were more than 1 wb on lord whit 3 BO taken impossible to kill the lord always healing his life.

Lord dont need buff from BO or other things just adjust his life whit number scale. I have an idea just tell me your opinion about it.

My idea is about Door and Ram mechanics for defenders and attackers players, whit Door absorb and Ram buff dmg :

-Door absorb depend how many BO defenders holding -- ( X amount of Dmg absorbed for X BO holded )

-Ram dmg depend how many BO holding attackers -- ( X amount of Buff Dmg for X BO holded )

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Oh, look, another idea.

Ads
Luuca

Post#9 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Last night, and for most of the day, one zone was active. None could lock it until destro pulled massive effort together and flooded the zone. Then, in pure Destro fashion, they ignored the keep and simply farmed Order for 3 more hours. It was like a bad SC without a timer or imbalance cut off.

Rydiak

Post#10 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 pm

I never understood the whole "80%+ AAO on your enemies but don't ever think about sieging" thing.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!