Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord Tethers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luuca

Re: Keep Lord Tethers

Post#61 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 pm

mattander83 wrote:
Luuca wrote:Back on topic:

What, exactly are Keep Lord TEETHERS? Are these young gobbos cutting their first teeth on the Keep Lords armor?
I've edited the original post to spell tether correctly. Thank you for kindly pointing out the error of my spelling. It's good to see that there are some genuinely kind folks in the community.
You are Weelcome.

Ads
WorstNovak
Banned

Re: Keep Lord Teethers

Post#62 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
Natherul wrote:
dansari wrote:
^ the devs are also the brunt of a lot of unnecessary and belligerent hate at times, and after a while I imagine it just gets old.
Slightly offtopic but this is true but what bothers me more is having to answer the same question for the bazillion:th time :D But that might be me, some insults may be fun tbh, though thats not an excuse to insult any member of staff as thats against the TOS.
This is a topic close to my heart.

The simple fact is the vast majority of people who are happy with a service never feel that they need to tell you so only the complaints and negativity tends to be the only thing you hear. I don't blame the staff for they way they respond, quite frankly I'm amazed they don't shut this project down tell the playerbase to f-off and build their own game if they are so unhappy with it.
Frankly, that's a load of BS. I see people regularly thanking the Devs for bringing this game back to life and that includes myself on multiple occasions.

If Barrack Obama can remain respectful to the opposition then these people taking advantage of other people's hard work can absolutely remain respectful to the people who participate in keeping this game alive.

How are you amazed they don't shut the project down and tell the playerbase to **** off? What are they going to do? Play 3v3 all day everyday?

As individuals the players put way less into this than the devs - that is a fact. But analyzed as groups? The players unquestionably put far, far more into the game than devs. So maybe - just maybe - they should show a little goddamn respect.

Luuca

Post#63 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:02 am

Moonshot inc...

mattander83

Post#64 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am

Luuca wrote:
mattander83 wrote:
Luuca wrote:Back on topic:

What, exactly are Keep Lord TEETHERS? Are these young gobbos cutting their first teeth on the Keep Lords armor?
I've edited the original post to spell tether correctly. Thank you for kindly pointing out the error of my spelling. It's good to see that there are some genuinely kind folks in the community.
You are Weelcome.
I seee what you did there.

Back ontopic.

If this was brought up before, or a reoccurring topic, my bad. I'll search for original posts and necro dead posts from now on.
Also, if it's a reoccurring topic, it's something that, at least part of, the community is concerned about. I know this title is free, and it's a work of love, and we thank you for it. Really we do. The Keep Lords resetting HP back to 100% is just really frustrating.
Cheers

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#65 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 am

mattander83 wrote:
Luuca wrote:
mattander83 wrote:
You are Weelcome.
I seee what you did there.

Back ontopic.

If this was brought up before, or a reoccurring topic, my bad. I'll search for original posts and necro dead posts from now on.
Also, if it's a reoccurring topic, it's something that, at least part of, the community is concerned about. I know this title is free, and it's a work of love, and we thank you for it. Really we do. The Keep Lords resetting HP back to 100% is just really frustrating.
It is something we do observe, but from literally a higher perspective where you can see what the Lord is doing, and people simply make mistakes. There is a method to taking down the lord and it very much has to do with tanking him properly.

- All classes should be applying detaunts on cooldown throughout the fight
- Dots should be used less as they tend to generate their full value of threat on application
- Healers should NOT be spamming group heal continuously through the fight (Overhealing adds threat, which is why he changes targets so frequently)
- Tanks absorb threat from the target they're guarding, either a high DPS class, or a healer, to spread things out
- Main tank can guard the main healer in their group, who can spam group heal without an issue
- Main healer should still detaunt on cooldown as well
- Main tank should also be running Menace which increases their threat, and using their basic hate generating attack fairly regularly, along with taunt and challenge on cooldown, or saving taunt when the lord peels off.
- Off-tank (in the same group as the MT) can guard the second healer if the MT can handle the damage spikes
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mattander83

Post#66 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 am

Thank you for posting that break down Wargrimnir. I was not aware that over healing adds threat. Probably didn't know this because my WP is still in T1. I think if more folk read it, they'll understand how the threat mechanic works.

Covering ground floors with 1 WB, while another attacks the lord is a sound tactic. Was in a WB this morning before work, where were took two keeps in Empire/Chaos T4 like that. It's still a bummer that if 1 person on the opposite side makes it up the stairs, and punts the attackers near the stairs, then the progress can be lost and the lord goes back to 100.
Cheers

Anshard

Post#67 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 am

wargrimnir wrote: It is something we do observe, but from literally a higher perspective where you can see what the Lord is doing, and people simply make mistakes. There is a method to taking down the lord and it very much has to do with tanking him properly.

- Dots should be used less as they tend to generate their full value of threat on application
- Healers should NOT be spamming group heal continuously through the fight (Overhealing adds threat, which is why he changes targets so frequently)
- Tanks absorb threat from the target they're guarding, either a high DPS class, or a healer, to spread things out
- Main tank can guard the main healer in their group, who can spam group heal without an issue
- Main tank should also be running Menace which increases their threat, and using their basic hate generating attack fairly regularly, along with taunt and challenge on cooldown, or saving taunt when the lord peels off.
- Off-tank (in the same group as the MT) can guard the second healer if the MT can handle the damage spikes
Kind of think this post should be a sticky. Very helpful.

Rubber banding on the keep lord is a very frustrating experience, one that has gotten under my skin a couple of times. Many times it happens, it is because players are just being foolish, and you just have to grin and bear it. One or two times I felt it was someone griefing.

After reading this post, I kind of want to roll a tank because it sounds like there are quit a number of things a tank can do to make a difference in a keep siege and I'd like to practice some of these things. DPS kind of has two jobs... deal dmg....detaunt, lol.

Fallenkezef

Post#68 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 am

Anshard wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: It is something we do observe, but from literally a higher perspective where you can see what the Lord is doing, and people simply make mistakes. There is a method to taking down the lord and it very much has to do with tanking him properly.

Kind of think this post should be a sticky. Very helpful.

Rubber banding on the keep lord is a very frustrating experience, one that has gotten under my skin a couple of times. Many times it happens, it is because players are just being foolish, and you just have to grin and bear it. One or two times I felt it was someone griefing.

After reading this post, I kind of want to roll a tank because it sounds like there are quit a number of things a tank can do to make a difference in a keep siege and I'd like to practice some of these things. DPS kind of has two jobs... deal dmg....detaunt, lol.
It's one of the reasons I rolled Chosen. DPS is a gun or a big hitty stick, tank is the result of a wild night in vegas between a swiss army knife and a toolbox
Alea iacta est

Ads
Klesko

Post#69 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:47 am

Luuca wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:
Luuca wrote:Now that you are initiated and understand how it works, you should have no issues getting your group to stay on the Keep Lord...
lol, man I hope that's comedy. If not, plz help me understand what I can do after filling chat with "GET OFF THE F*CKING STAIRS!!!" and begging everyone on my realm to kick those players out of their WB and stop rezzing them. Not to mention the joys of pug WBs AoE healing between floors, gl getting that whole WB to stick to 1 floor.

I think Lords should heal a lot slower than they do, let him regen maybe 10% HP while running back to mid or whatever, I don't see the logic in him getting all his life back because of 1 knockback or 1 friendly idiot.
It is beyond my sphere of influence to get members of your own realm to listen to you. Perhaps you lack the skills to lead effectively or your skills simply need improvement. Or, as you state, the skills of the members of your realm are less than satisfactory. In such case, might I point out that this is not a solo game and PuGging full time was not in the design parameters. In other words, form/join an active guild, create a group or warband from within your guild or guild alliance and ensure, at the very least, it's not your players causing the issues.

As for your skills as a leader, I dare say that all caps is not how you win hearts and minds, nor promoting leaving dead players dead. Too much to cover here, but may I suggest you read some books on leadership and apply it to your in-game endeavors?

Trollest post I've ever read. Your mama must be proud.

Fallenkezef

Post#70 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:52 am

Klesko wrote:
Luuca wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:
lol, man I hope that's comedy. If not, plz help me understand what I can do after filling chat with "GET OFF THE F*CKING STAIRS!!!" and begging everyone on my realm to kick those players out of their WB and stop rezzing them. Not to mention the joys of pug WBs AoE healing between floors, gl getting that whole WB to stick to 1 floor.

I think Lords should heal a lot slower than they do, let him regen maybe 10% HP while running back to mid or whatever, I don't see the logic in him getting all his life back because of 1 knockback or 1 friendly idiot.
It is beyond my sphere of influence to get members of your own realm to listen to you. Perhaps you lack the skills to lead effectively or your skills simply need improvement. Or, as you state, the skills of the members of your realm are less than satisfactory. In such case, might I point out that this is not a solo game and PuGging full time was not in the design parameters. In other words, form/join an active guild, create a group or warband from within your guild or guild alliance and ensure, at the very least, it's not your players causing the issues.

As for your skills as a leader, I dare say that all caps is not how you win hearts and minds, nor promoting leaving dead players dead. Too much to cover here, but may I suggest you read some books on leadership and apply it to your in-game endeavors?

Trollest post I've ever read. Your mama must be proud.
Really? I've read much better, don't get me wrong style and substance is good but lacks the right level of satire to elevate to the higher level of troll
Alea iacta est