Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord Tethers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Keep Lord Teethers

Post#51 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 am

Scrilian wrote:Got a bit of footage related to lord resets, some1 should get a manticore if he/she figures out how/what happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Sjti2PsWM
This usually happen when there is several hundred players around NPC. Not exactly type of resets that were mentioned here.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#52 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 am

Hargrim wrote: This usually happen when there is several hundred players around NPC. Not exactly type of resets that were mentioned here.
Yea, I figured as much. This kind of behavior is observed with actual pets and turrets, making them indefinitely chase after some target and despawn, thus halving the damage output of most of pet-related classes.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#53 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

dansari wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
WorstNovak wrote: Are the devs for this project exclusively dismissive or do you guys occasionally interact with the community in a positive way and I just somehow only see the dickish stuff?
There are a few particular types of posts that we're dismissive about. Otherwise we're generally pretty helpful.
^ the devs are also the brunt of a lot of unnecessary and belligerent hate at times, and after a while I imagine it just gets old.
Slightly offtopic but this is true but what bothers me more is having to answer the same question for the bazillion:th time :D But that might be me, some insults may be fun tbh, though thats not an excuse to insult any member of staff as thats against the TOS.

Fallenkezef

Post#54 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 am

Natherul wrote:
dansari wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
There are a few particular types of posts that we're dismissive about. Otherwise we're generally pretty helpful.
^ the devs are also the brunt of a lot of unnecessary and belligerent hate at times, and after a while I imagine it just gets old.
Slightly offtopic but this is true but what bothers me more is having to answer the same question for the bazillion:th time :D But that might be me, some insults may be fun tbh, though thats not an excuse to insult any member of staff as thats against the TOS.
This is a topic close to my heart.

The simple fact is the vast majority of people who are happy with a service never feel that they need to tell you so only the complaints and negativity tends to be the only thing you hear. I don't blame the staff for they way they respond, quite frankly I'm amazed they don't shut this project down tell the playerbase to f-off and build their own game if they are so unhappy with it.
Alea iacta est

Mystriss

Post#55 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

I'm not unhappy at all. I've been having a blast in oRvR on my tiny RP the past couple nights, even ran into some old frienimes in oRvR <3

Relevant to the topic - We took down two keep lords fairly easily last night after some tethering/reset incidents on the first couple tries on the first one. Not 100% sure what the difference was, but I suspect it might have been number of 40s on the lord simply because of how fast he was taking damage. I know we also had people from the WB still downstairs fighting destro (a bit annoying as I kept trying to heal and res them) but there wasn't any tethering resets despite that (and people running around the outside of the second floor even.)

[Possibly related curiosity; my husband on his lvl 40 SW noted that he was hitting lord noticeably harder the second/third attempt on the first lord - no changes to his char - that "increased" damage persisted on the second lord we took down; did something get changed last night after like 6PM PST or are my husband and I missing some buff/something that increases deeps in zones? AAO just does arpees yea? It's been like six years and six other games so we're still "relearning" :D]

mattander83

Post#56 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 pm

"^ the devs are also the brunt of a lot of unnecessary and belligerent hate at times, and after a while I imagine it just gets old."

Having worked previously as a tech support/customer support rep for roughly 5 years, I can vouch for that. Tech support/Customer support also takes much hate and flak from the community.

I was not trying to pass along any hate or discontent to the Devs with this post. My apologies if it came across as such.
Cheers

WorstNovak
Banned

Post#57 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Natherul wrote:
dansari wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
That's pretty.. short-sighted. Have you ever considered that you're answering similar questions because new players exist and are unaware of the fact that their question has been asked before?

mattander83

Post#58 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Off Topic, but an answer to WorstNovak

When I started in the gaming industry, I was told that you may answer the same question 100 times a day, but for the person at the end of the phone, it was their first time asking (usually). There were some repeat offenders that got placed on "blocked" lists.
Cheers

Ads
Luuca

Post#59 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Back on topic:

What, exactly are Keep Lord TEETHERS? Are these young gobbos cutting their first teeth on the Keep Lords armor?

mattander83

Re: Keep Lord Tethers

Post#60 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:37 pm

Luuca wrote:Back on topic:

What, exactly are Keep Lord TEETHERS? Are these young gobbos cutting their first teeth on the Keep Lords armor?
I've edited the original post to spell tether correctly. Thank you for kindly pointing out the error of my spelling. It's good to see that there are some genuinely kind folks in the community.
Cheers