Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord Tethers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Wam

Re: Keep Lord Teethers

Post#31 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Are keep lords easier than they use to be? yes
Are too many people obsessed with keeps? yes
Are keeps worthless? yes
Do the majority co-ordinate and put in much effort on keeps? nope not really
Do people panick on both sides and feed useless spam on region? yes
Do people not read/write/respond/adapt? barely
Is it the Dev's fault players cant stand in just a circle? nope
Is it players fault? yes, not everyone's but enough to make it a issue people whine about

So it sounds like serious learn to play issues on both sides... and its beyond basic... it is simple tank and spank.

Only NA has it a bit harder because they need to be even more organised and make better use of their limited manpower to split between pve/pvp

Ram's lagging/bugging out and despawning is more of a concern than lord's resetting in my opinion.

If you think someone deliberately resets over and over again (as in x-realm/troll)...just take proper conclusive evidence and send to a GM in pm and let them investigate... usually it's just people being lazy / not caring much making mistakes that punish whole realm... they are the one's who want their cake and eat it too without putting in much effort (see careless postioning, lack of reading english and adapting to people saying stand in the freaking middle)

nice thread though :) whats next ask the dev's nicely enough to remove keep lords altogether for free keeps? :lol:

I miss old Marathon zones with KV which was brutal... and zone's / keeps flip often enough these days in multiple pairings (even with tragic keep lord resets)... but it's still not enough for some... how much more basic does it need to be to satisfy people?
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Tesq wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:agree with everything lucca said. keep lord is insanely easy pve if people have a brain.

the issue isn't the lord; the issue is people not knowing what to do. I would wager solo healers/dps who generate a lot of aggro and don't use detaunt, or have a guard for aggro distribution/control, and run away when dying, are the primary cause of resets.

really need to stop changing things so as to pander to bad play.

Ye exatly and now tell me how do you fix those bad player ......by make whole realm suck for 1 ppl behaviour?....look next time you run a premade sc call me and i will came there with a BO throw random CC to give other free immunity so you wont kill anything, lets see how much you like to suffer for the other behaviours, shall we?
be my guest. difference is I will accept it as just another dogtier player being useless, adapt and carry on playing. you don't fix bad players; you just do your best to minimalise such occurrences (get people grouping up/in warband on comms, call them out for doing bad, and if that fails suck it up)

i do agree that it is annoying as hell when it resets, but I would imagine that changing mob behaviour purely to facilitate to idiots would be somewhat of an unnecessary/cumbersome endeavour.

you don't see sc players demanding changes because some idiots decide to **** everything up (literally every 12v12 scenario when your add group are dogshit). just accept the fact that RoR is teeming with bad players.

Nice talk then lets say a wrong CC = to loose the sc is that fair? To your talk seems so, i would bet you would think differently if that was the case but there is always another try ( or another lord reset) right?

The usuall " git good " answer does not apply to situations extremly out of your controll as this one. I know , you know everyone know where etremism lead too....keep lord reset to full life is an extremism and is bad by nature.

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Tesq wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Tesq wrote:

Ye exatly and now tell me how do you fix those bad player ......by make whole realm suck for 1 ppl behaviour?....look next time you run a premade sc call me and i will came there with a BO throw random CC to give other free immunity so you wont kill anything, lets see how much you like to suffer for the other behaviours, shall we?
be my guest. difference is I will accept it as just another dogtier player being useless, adapt and carry on playing. you don't fix bad players; you just do your best to minimalise such occurrences (get people grouping up/in warband on comms, call them out for doing bad, and if that fails suck it up)

i do agree that it is annoying as hell when it resets, but I would imagine that changing mob behaviour purely to facilitate to idiots would be somewhat of an unnecessary/cumbersome endeavour.

you don't see sc players demanding changes because some idiots decide to **** everything up (literally every 12v12 scenario when your add group are dogshit). just accept the fact that RoR is teeming with bad players.

Nice talk then lets say a wrong CC = to loose the sc is that fair? To your talk seems so, i would bet you would think differently if that was the case but there is always another try ( or another lord reset) right?

The usuall " git good " answer does not apply to situations extremly out of your controll as this one. I know , you know everyone know where etremism lead too....keep lord reset to full life is an extremism and is bad by nature.

'Fair' doesn't come into the equation, for me. We're playing a PvP game that caters to people spread across a range of calbires. As such, mechanics that seem instantly recognisable and easy to some (called 'elitists' in this game, for whatever reason) fly 3000 miles over the heads of others.

It happens all the time in SC, actually: an idiot who picks up bomb in Talabec and doesn't know where to put it, a bad second group who can't hold Logrin's Forge flag from 1 SNB KOTBS, people AFKing at Fort in Nordenwatch thinking fort = win, when holding Barracks and LH combined with kills on respawners can actually win the game. It's part of playing a PvP game. It's infuriating, don't get me wrong, but it's simply a case of bad players performing bad.

The system itself doesn't need to change; the players do. Yet such a paradigm shift will most likely never happen: RoR players are a very casual and quick-to-offend bunch who detest the mere suggestion that they are playing suboptimally.

nelsonus

Post#34 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

We haven't touched on the real question here
@OP
Can you give us the name of this Destro character who initiated the wipe to save our keep lord? The people must know!
Racta - black orc

Tesq

Post#35 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

@ peter if you play a pvp game fair is the first thing you want to achive there must be a proportionality between things as that's the base for any balance such , class balance.

An x action must be fair. Regarding the eviroments because 1 class oneshoot aoe ppl it cleary isn'r as long it isn't 1 tank heal lord to 100% life by random punt ppl ( most broken heal in game lol ).

By no means someone should be enough to reset a dam lord at 1% just because it is in place x or y. Same as 1 tank random punt.

A random punt should probably make easier to wipe you if ppl coordinate ALSO to use it well not reset the situation to keep lord to life 100% ..

It is tedious, it have no aim if not stall with an unfair method, it dosent even solve nothing is just harass enemy faction.

Samejima

Post#36 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 pm

dansari wrote:The difference between NA and EU is apparent in this thread. Nothing necessarily wrong with it, but in NA you can't just burn the Lord. A lot of times you can't guard the ground floor because you don't have 80 aao, and having 2 groups try to wail on a lord while you get morale dumped with your wb every minute bottom is not effective; after 17 morale dumps they're bound to break through. I thoroughly enjoy the game, but taking a keep is not fun.
Yep, love the game, but I stopped caring about whether or not we take keeps in NA time because the success rate is so low. Not complaining that things should be changed or made easier but...it's basically never enjoyable or productive, even in a "this is a tough challenge to overcome" kind of way, so I no longer seriously invest myself in the process.

The enemy having aao during low pop times is deceptive too, because the relatively low absolute numbers of people mean a solid 6 or 12 man becomes extremely powerful and with pugs in tow often has a real chance to wipe a take against much greater numbers if they play it smart. Been on both the giving and receiving end of this, many times.

At the moment, knocking down doors during NA seems more valuable as a way to stir-up and concentrate the action than as a serious means to cap a zone unless one side has massive numbers or comp/coordination advantage. Which is fine for my purposes, but I don't know if it's a healthy reality for an already low pop time zone.

adamthelc

Post#37 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Lords have always been flawed, so I would never start a thread criticizing it. Its a part of the game that wasnt well thought out or realized, you have always just had to live with it.

Having said that, are people really defending it? Yes its easy, people probably shouldnt be complaining about it. But when the major obstacle of a fight is not resetting it, its not a good fight.

IT IS cheezy and lame that trying to reset the lord with knockbacks is a "viable option".

There have been worse iterations of the lord. I remember when forts got passed the slideshow era, where you could actually fight the fort lord. Repeated Taunts would cause faction wipes.

This version of the lord is far from ideal. I do think its workable and would rather have these guys do their good work in other areas. But I wouldn't dismiss someone who doesnt like it and act like the problem is them.

Theseus

Post#38 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Tesq wrote:@ peter if you play a pvp game fair is the first thing you want to achive there must be a proportionality between things as that's the base for any balance such , class balance.

An x action must be fair. Regarding the eviroments because 1 class oneshoot aoe ppl it cleary isn'r as long it isn't 1 tank heal lord to 100% life by random punt ppl ( most broken heal in game lol ).

By no means someone should be enough to reset a dam lord at 1% just because it is in place x or y. Same as 1 tank random punt.

A random punt should probably make easier to wipe you if ppl coordinate ALSO to use it well not reset the situation to keep lord to life 100% ..

It is tedious, it have no aim if not stall with an unfair method, it dosent even solve nothing is just harass enemy faction.
Well I normally dont want to cater to peters elitism. But you could say it wasnt only one man wo reseted the keeplord here. It was one enemy player, yes. But It was also a whole group of players who let him get through. Then a whole group who pulled him to a place where they could be punted out of his range so he could reset. So i would say actually at least 20 or 30 people did the deed.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 pm

again, this notion of elitism being equated to using one's brain. xD

dansari

Post#40 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Samejima wrote:At the moment, knocking down doors during NA seems more valuable as a way to stir-up and concentrate the action than as a serious means to cap a zone unless one side has massive numbers or comp/coordination advantage. Which is fine for my purposes, but I don't know if it's a healthy reality for an already low pop time zone.
Ding ding ding

Half of the time I find myself saying... "well, everyone is avoiding us, let's go break both doors and farm them on bottom floor." I would much rather just burn the lord in ~5 min and move on to the next zone, which is what EU is able to do a lot more often.
<Salt Factory>