Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion defensive set/items

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zgolec

White Lion defensive set/items

Post#1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Hello.

On beginning i'd like to say you guys doing great job there ;)

To the topic.
With recent change and rebuilding Guardian tree wouldnt it be fair to implement defensive set for WL with toughness/wounds/parry/lower crit chance as set bonus? Cause atm full sets benefit only hunter or axeman specced people now. Only way to get some stats boost in stats we are focused on is just to get 2/2/2 or 3/3, 4/2 part of sets which are still not that great since we have to use lower rank sets to get stats and our armor turns to ****.

Also it would be great of there was jewelry set for defensive stats for WL cause now you only can get brawler/asailant sets which are pretty useless for guardian specced WLs.

An armor set that would give us set bonus
wounds
toughness
lower chance to be crit
parry
armor bonus or armor increase proc

Would be nice. Or something similiar but beneficing guardian specced WLs. Also defensive subjugator weapon - as most of other classes got 2 kind of subjugator weapon from bags.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
szejoza

Re: White Lion defensive set/items

Post#2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 am

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Equipments

Annihilator
Imperator
Dominator
Ruin (to some extent)
there will be an Onslaught which is also somewhat balanced between offensive and defensive spec
also Redeye gives some defensive stats, but is also more of a balanced option

Don't know how it is about Genesis (as wiki doesn't seem to be updated about sets available as Slayers for example have access to the Undying jewelry), anyways, if you want more defensive stats then the Wind Impervious jewelry set seems a way to go

Also, don't know how it is with scenario weapons for WL but some mdps have access to more defensive versions
Spoiler:

tlitschye

Post#3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

there is a defensive genesis set.
Play 3 conc and 3 dominator slotted with Wounds and Thoughness.
You can get up to like 10k HP

rmpl

Post#4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 am

Last thing WL needs is a set which would go well together with that broken spec.

zgolec

Post#5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:16 am

How is it broken?
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

rmpl

Post#6 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

zgolec wrote:How is it broken?
No other class can be as tanky, do as much damage and have as much mobility at the same time.

Scrilian

Post#7 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

Must've died to a WL, seems broken enough to me :mrgreen:
rmpl wrote:
No other class can be as tanky, do as much damage and have as much mobility at the same time.
Fair enough trade-off considering WL brings nothing to a competitive WB, no incoming healing debuff unlike all other mdps and rather easily countered in small scale given the destro possess the mental fortitude to kill the pet.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

rmpl

Post#8 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 am

Scrilian wrote:Must've died to a WL, seems broken enough to me :mrgreen:
rmpl wrote:
Fair enough trade-off considering WL brings nothing to a competitive WB, no incoming healing debuff unlike all other mdps and rather easily countered in small scale given the destro possess the mental fortitude to kill the pet.
Well I, unlike the devs, don't treat anything but massive ORVR as a mini-game. When it comes to "competitive" warband viability, a majority of toons aren't really "viable" if you want to tryhard fully. Right, no incoming healing debuff, can't have it all can we and while you can kill the pet, the pet can be also resummoned.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

But that's the proper way to treat it if you ask me. Pet has a 15sec cooldown and dies to focus really fast, gimping WL damage output to laughable levels.
Anyway, my point is that WL can't unlike marauder fit into an actual warband, nor that good in "competitive" 6v6, whatever that means. So for it to retain any appeal to players it probably should be decent in some way or another - like being a somewhat OK melee to play solo, provided WL already has his nerfed but still good mobility.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Smellybelly

Post#10 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I believe most people who enjoy solo play have come upon the dreaded guardian specced white lions who just tanks you down with high survivability and decent dps. And if you somehow manage to get the upper hand, they just use the sprint ability wich was given to them in the first place because it is or used to be, a ish squishy class. Now thats not true anymore, you have self regen, you have toughness, you have mobility, you have speed...and you have with all things considered...pretty decent damage output. Saying its ok to be superbest at ganking just because in your view, WL have no specific role in warbands feels silly at best. Other classes suffer from that as well and are not 1vs1 gods. I take pride in every defeated guardian lion when i solo, but i also know its 9/10 times because the player sucked or he would have managed quite easily to run away if he helt close to loosing.

Asking for a set to power this spec even further feels very broken.