Recent Topics

Ads

Undercroft Vendors

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Xanax

Re: Undercroft Vendors

Post#11 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Grolar wrote:I agree with this post. Farm if you want, that is your choice. Its not really what this game is about. We can argue macroeconomics, but PvP and Questing is what Warhammer is about.
ToVL was one giant farm fest, and specially designed to be such. I don't mind PVP 80+% of the time, but it's nice to have something else to do. I don't think gear should be easy-mode.

Ads
geraldtarrant

Post#12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Gear shouldnt be easy mode ofc, but should be PvP depending , not PvE. If you PvP alot y should be able to go vendor, buy your RR15+ cape/other crap and have fun again. If y enjoy farming mobs noone stops y. Vendors im talking about had renown gear, so they are vital element for game.
If ppl wont be forced to farm and farm they could roam more/fight more. Only positives.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

gloomwar

Post#13 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 pm

geraldtarrant wrote:Gear shouldnt be easy mode ofc, but should be PvP depending , not PvE. If you PvP alot y should be able to go vendor, buy your RR15+ cape/other crap and have fun again. If y enjoy farming mobs noone stops y. Vendors im talking about had renown gear, so they are vital element for game.
If ppl wont be forced to farm and farm they could roam more/fight more. Only positives.
This. All is about Renown Gear Vendor. Only time i farm something is between scenarios. I would go open RVR that time instead if there were other ppl.

Orcpacolypse

Post#14 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Whether it's PvE or RvR it's still grinding. It most certainly feels like grinding when SC's or the action on the lakes isn't going your way. I remember farming for my rank 50 axe (i think it was 50), that took forever and was probably the most frustrating experience I ever had in Warhammer. Sure at lower rank it would be a little easier, but its six of one half a dozen of the other really.
That said I don't think adding new items is a bad idea, it's making items too easy to gain that I see a problem with, it just encourages negative play-styles for the sake of convenience.

Grolar

Post#15 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Orcpacolypse wrote: Turn's the game into easy-mode if it takes no work/dedication to make your toon the best it can possibly be. Doesn't necessarily mean the game should be a grind-fest, but people should have to put in the effort to gear up. Just my opinion of course.
I agree. People should put the effort in to gearing up. I believe they do when earning renown points. While farming gear off mobs is an effort, its mindless and not fun in my opinion. I personally don't think that players who would rather farm gear through renown should be held hostage by the auction house and mob farmers looking to make a huge profits. :D
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Allorien

Post#16 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:11 am

I spent as little time as possible sub r40 on live servers.

The cheap pvp vendor gear in most RvR warcamps were solid pieces of gear. They were so especially because most had a talisman slot. The talisman slot made these pieces of gear sufficient. More than sufficient if one considers what pve mob grinding one might have to do to obtain comparable gear. Both options were present. A third option was PQ's.

I do not recall ever going out of my way to pve to obtain gear until after rank 40. Gear sets and helping mates obtain gear sets...from instances. There is a solid difference in forming a group to complete an instance and killing a mob over and over again.

Vaul

Post#17 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:25 am

A message flashed on screen just before the event server restart that said something like "we will add T2 RvR vendors" . I presume this means in the T1 warcamps or cities. Apologies if I'm mistaken here, was in the middle of some Waaagh.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

geraldtarrant

Post#18 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 pm

THX for vendors!
<3
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Ads
MazeR1337

Post#19 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:40 pm

OR just give us gear from killing eachother.... RvR drops please :D!
"Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, they cling to the real or the gods or love."

~~ GoT ~~

Libra

Post#20 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Nice!
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus