Recent Topics

Ads

PQs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zgolec

PQs

Post#1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi.

I joined not that long ago and on begin i wanted to thank ya guys for bringing back War to life.

My issue is with PQs starting from t3. Since you disabled many things to make express xp grind why have you messed up with Pq rewards which had it what make ppl stick to the particular lvl bracets for longer? I remember on live in HP Pq that game 2h +80str weapon from purple bag now all bags except gold give trash...

Little stuff like that was things that kept people unable to compete in rvr all days long a lil more willing to play instead of gettin frustrated... Also it was great to grab some fancy items for fancy appearance change.

Ofc if this change is forced by some client/server fines being incomplete i understand this well but otherwise i see no point in such bad change.

Looking forward for answer.

Keep up the good work and let the WAR goes on :)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Axerker

Re: PQs

Post#2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm

This game is primarily for PvP, and developed primarily for PvP. PvE kinda sits on the backburner at the moment, but there are still fun things to do (PQs, Questing, and now an end-game Dungeon) to have fun, if you don't enjoy PvP.

However, for the most part, the best gear in the game is only available via PvP. You can get some gear from PvE that is nearly the same stats (probably about 90-95% as good as the PvP gear), if you really, really don't want to PvP.

All in all, I enjoy the PvE and PvP of this game, but it is heavily, HEAVILY based on PvP and not PvE at the moment. If you don't enjoy the PvP (and can't keep yourself entertained with the available PvE), then this game may not be for you.

There are still some PvE purple drops at level 37+ that are nearly as good as the Lv 40 PvP rewards that you can try to get. Best chance would be just farming gold and buying them when someone accidentally finds one and puts it up in the Auction House.

Edit: I haven't really done many T4 hard PQs, since you need a group for them (and all level 40s are out PvPing, lol). But I would imagine they drop some rare equipment in blue/purple bags. If not, they drop Ruin set pieces (or tokens to get them), which is a pretty good entry-level end-game gear. Then there is Beastlord, which is also pretty well off in end-game, and falls just short of T4 Conquerer/Dominator gear (Beastlord is primarily a DPS set, so more relatable to Dominator). This gear is achieved by Quests.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:50 pm

T3 is trash because the packets that were collected from live were defected and didn't really record properly the stats on items. All items need to be fixed manually 1 by 1 and If I'm not mistaken we currently have 'trash' (non t4 rvr bis) items fixed up to level 19. wargrimnir can probably correct me.

All in all, it wasn't changed, it wasn't fixed / recreated yet and put in bags.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Hargrim wrote:T3 is trash because the packets that were collected from live were defected and didn't really record properly the stats on items. All items need to be fixed manually 1 by 1 and If I'm not mistaken we currently have 'trash' (non t4 rvr bis) items fixed up to level 19. wargrimnir can probably correct me.

All in all, it wasn't changed, it wasn't fixed / recreated yet and put in bags.
Up to R23 items should be good, but I thought it was a bit higher than that. Every level range I do usually has at least 1000 items that need to be parsed through for corrections. It's pretty mind numbing, else I'd get it all done at once. Higher up we go into gear levels, the less data and information I have available since all the WAR DB sites have been gone forever, and were out of date anyway.

We could get someone to fill in the T2 bags if that hasn't been done yet.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog