Recent Topics

Ads

Server Reboots and Retaining Status

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Moosie

Server Reboots and Retaining Status

Post#1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Server Crashes & Reboots happen. We know. All good.
You typically like to wait for a T4 zone to be decided before reboots. We know, appreciated.

However, when the random crashes happen (often)... it kills any server activity because the zones reset back to T2 without remembering previous status.

Suggestion : Please make it so that the server keeps track of current open zones, so that on server reboot, those zones are the open ones.

Why:

1. Because of the bag/rvr system, which we all like, gives you a -2 to T2 zones on bags (Gold=Blue, Purp=Green, etc), many people don't play the lower zones, opting to wait until action is pushed to T4 - in particular when they've had a long string of whites and they know colors are coming via the eventual loser bonuses.

2. Because it ruins the momentum of the fighting. We wouldn't care if we lost 3-star status on a keep... just keep the current zone open as to continue "flow".... encouraging people to log back in because everything that was going on, can now just continue.

Side Note: I mentioned this to "beastmistress" in open chat and was giving a very snide response "Oh, because everyone just loves fighting in Kadrin Valley" (KV was open at the time). I don't know whom that is, but I know they're part of the game staff and I thought it was very unbecoming and discouraging coming from an admin. Very disappointed by that flippant response.

Ads
dansari

Re: Server Reboots and Retaining Status

Post#2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 pm

It's an alpha. Server is going to get rebooted every now and then. Would it be nice if it stayed in t4? Sure... but mentioning a staff member's "flippant response" to something that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things comes off as whiny.
<Salt Factory>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:04 pm

What Dan said. It's pretty low on their list of things to achieve, I'd wager. Also, KV is well-known as a 4 hour slog zone where nothing gets done and we stalemate it out until zone ends in draw. Before draw system, wasn't unknown for us to spend entire days in KV.

And Beastmistress is Torquemadra, lead dev. He is snarky. It's his server, suggest just not interacting with him if you don't like his manner.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

erez1985

Post#4 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi i have a issue signing in i was in game fine just a few minutes ago did scenario won and then turned in quest after however now i been kicked from server and it said check mails i sign in but no connection to server

Odinstar

Axerker

Post#5 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm

erez1985 wrote:Hi i have a issue signing in i was in game fine just a few minutes ago did scenario won and then turned in quest after however now i been kicked from server and it said check mails i sign in but no connection to server

Odinstar
Hey buddy, currently the server is down. It usually comes back up in a relatively good time. Go grab a drink, spend some time with your SO, and relax for a few minutes. They get it up as soon as they can.

dansari

Post#6 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 pm

erez1985 wrote:Hi i have a issue signing in i was in game fine just a few minutes ago did scenario won and then turned in quest after however now i been kicked from server and it said check mails i sign in but no connection to server

Odinstar
This is a common occurrence whenever the server reboots. You weren't removed, it just triggers the condition or w/e that the team has set up. Server reboots normally take less than 15 minutes so we'll be up and running again soon.
<Salt Factory>

Tenhi

Post#7 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Moosie wrote:[snip]1. Because of the bag/rvr system, which we all like, gives you a -2 to T2 zones on bags (Gold=Blue, Purp=Green, etc), many people don't play the lower zones, opting to wait until action is pushed to T4 - in particular when they've had a long string of whites and they know colors are coming via the eventual loser bonuses.[snip]
About that. I asked in chat and nobody could give me an answer. Is the loserbonus for non-white bags per tier or is it one bonus across all tiers? Because not liking T2 because of the chance to "miss" the bonus for T4 bags would only be an issue if its one bonus and not 3 seperate boni.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Bonus is only for T4, you dont use it in T2 or T3.

Ads
Moosie

Post#9 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 am

Tenhi wrote: About that. I asked in chat and nobody could give me an answer. Is the loserbonus for non-white bags per tier or is it one bonus across all tiers? Because not liking T2 because of the chance to "miss" the bonus for T4 bags would only be an issue if its one bonus and not 3 seperate boni.
We believe the "loser-time" for colored bags extends to all teirs (2-3-4), because we (guild) have played so much we can almost predict within a couple bags when a certain color is going to arrive based on how long it's been since we've received that color.... and we play t2-t3-t4 pretty randomly....

When we know a purple or gold is coming... and want subjg. gear and Conq, we play only t4 so we don't get the "weaker" t3 & t2 versions of bags as our loser roll bag.... it's a "system" that works well.

(For those that don't know, T4 is normal bags... T3 is T4-1, and T2 is T4-2 with regards to "bag level". So a Gold in T2 gives you a Blue items and a Gold in T3 gives you purple items.)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:02 am

Moosie wrote:
Tenhi wrote: About that. I asked in chat and nobody could give me an answer. Is the loserbonus for non-white bags per tier or is it one bonus across all tiers? Because not liking T2 because of the chance to "miss" the bonus for T4 bags would only be an issue if its one bonus and not 3 seperate boni.
We believe the "loser-time" for colored bags extends to all teirs (2-3-4), because we (guild) have played so much we can almost predict within a couple bags when a certain color is going to arrive based on how long it's been since we've received that color.... and we play t2-t3-t4 pretty randomly....

When we know a purple or gold is coming... and want subjg. gear and Conq, we play only t4 so we don't get the "weaker" t3 & t2 versions of bags as our loser roll bag.... it's a "system" that works well.

(For those that don't know, T4 is normal bags... T3 is T4-1, and T2 is T4-2 with regards to "bag level". So a Gold in T2 gives you a Blue items and a Gold in T3 gives you purple items.)
You are wrong, refer to my previous comment in this thread :).