Recent Topics

Ads

SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

Post#51 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 am

Theseus wrote: But why not reduce the neccessary grind so you can do whatever you want. Common currency is a good thing as an example, is a good thing I think. So everyone can do what he wants and get everything he wants.

I actually agree with having a common currency, I think it would do wonders.

Agree with literally everything Aura said, too.

Ads
warislove

Post#52 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 am

i play pug scs on order all the time and as i see it the reason why we lose it a lot of time is we dont have a single healer in it, rarely 1 jumps in and ofc cant do miracles by keeping two grps alive vs 4-5 des healers

thats why ppl stay at wc bummed out
funny thing i also noticed is when we once in a full moon get 2 healers and destro has 1 they dont even want to try hehe

on the other hand i have heard from more experienced players that u can bypass the pug sc only system which explains why it sometimes feels like ur getting mauled by premade when in pug sc (could be that des pugs are far superior to us but i kinda doubt its by that margin)

forming more grps for scs would be awesome so u dont get to face same "pro" premade of peters or what ever destro eqiuvalent is to smash order one...

OT losing side should not get rewarded imo

Theseus

Post#53 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Theseus wrote: But why not reduce the neccessary grind so you can do whatever you want. Common currency is a good thing as an example, is a good thing I think. So everyone can do what he wants and get everything he wants.

I actually agree with having a common currency, I think it would do wonders.

Agree with literally everything Aura said, too.
Well, it is nice that we can agree on anything, isnt it?^^
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#54 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Why are people assuming that the people at destro don't do shitty builds or play sub-optimally? If one takes a look at our advice chat he would notice that 60% of the posters are people baiting for confirmation bias regarding their dps tanks/healers classes and there is always someone on standby to say that their crackpot builds are viable without either party ever justifying why that's true. And it's not like those folk keep their builds in the realm of fantasy either, if i had an emblem for every single time i have heard a dps DoK say unironically "Guard me or i won't heal" (not that they will heal even if you guard them, mind you) i would have had all the weapons, sets and a couple of daggers to spare on all of my characters.

biotek

Post#55 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Common currency... yes please.
Leave the SCs for players that actually want to be there, and the Lakes for the players that actually want to be there.
Gear grinds and other such mechanical carrots are poor substitutes for genuine fun and enjoyment.

Serrow

Post#56 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 pm

I have to admit it is a little telling when the common solution to the problem of Order losing in the pug SC consistently is to.. get a group and not play the pug SC. :lol: I also recognize the problem could just be me. Maybe I'm just /that/ bad to where any team I join is destined to lose, but frankly I don't see how one DPS who usually does pretty decent means an insta-loss. Either way, it's clearly not changing any time soon.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#57 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Nah, order pugs are worse than destro pugs, basically a fact at this point. Oddly, part of this is the fact that a lot of order seem to run in guild groups (at least in NA times), while destro has more people who want to pug. Consequentially, order pugs tend to be less experienced or less serious players, while decent destro players will PUG or solo queue. Doesnt mean destro doesnt have crap players, cuz they certainly do. They just seem more content to die afk on BOs in rvr rather than feeding enemy kill count in scs.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

thefarthestland

Post#58 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Amidala wrote:No,we don't wanna increase pugs life :o
but premade can play against lowlevel

Ads
Dabbart

Post#59 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 pm

TheSockPuppet wrote:Why are people assuming that the people at destro don't do shitty builds or play sub-optimally? If one takes a look at our advice chat he would notice that 60% of the posters are people baiting for confirmation bias regarding their dps tanks/healers classes and there is always someone on standby to say that their crackpot builds are viable without either party ever justifying why that's true. And it's not like those folk keep their builds in the realm of fantasy either, if i had an emblem for every single time i have heard a dps DoK say unironically "Guard me or i won't heal" (not that they will heal even if you guard them, mind you) i would have had all the weapons, sets and a couple of daggers to spare on all of my characters.
This is why Xrealming is so informative. Exact same complaints in both sides.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

th3gatekeeper

Post#60 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm

daniilpb wrote:Seems like a little guarantee of not being roflstomped isn't enough for people to make their own group. You play as a group - you get 6 emblems, if you play as a pug - you still get same 6 emblems. So why should they bother making a group? For better win rate? Nah
It really depends.

Sometimes you want to make a 6 man because you want competition and really good matches. Then you que and likely get matched against other premade groups.

Sometimes you come home from a long day of work, dont wanna "try hard" and just wanna sit back with a beer and relax and have fun - so you solo/duo que and dont feel like always having to "try hard".

I have been in both camps... Sometimes I get on and have 2+hours. I made a group and we go rock it. Othertimes I am just on for 30-45 minutes and just wanna de-stress via a few SCs so I actually WANT to solo/duo que where I know there is less chance of the enemy being coordinated so I can DPS someone, and have some confidence guard wont instantly be swapped to them, or thye wont be immediately focus healed. Etc. Or maybe when I am tanking I dont wanna just play a "support" role and wanna run around and smack someone with my 2h...

People act like "oh those are just PUGs" when the reality is, the best players I know, dont ALWAYS feel like going uber "try hard" mode and just wanna chill.

Personally, I still think what I had mentioned on page 1 is the best option. It gives incentive for all gametypes.

PUG SC - awards 1 emblem per 100 points. (Max of 5). A 500-400 game would award 5-4 emblems.
Normal SC - awards 2 emblem per 100 points to the winner. Only 1 emblem per 100 to the loser. A 500-400 game would award 10-4 emblems.

6v6 SCs: awards 3 emblems per 100 points to winner. 2 per 100 to the loser. A 500-400 game would award 15-8 emblems.

So now you CAN go PUG SC if you want. Its a PUG game, you will get less rewards when you win. This pushes more people to the normal SC, where you can win 2x as much currency. Which also pushes MORE people to the 6v6 arena where people would actually WANT to do more games as 6v6.

This would build up the SC scene, and really incentive people to group up.

Also - it addresses the slow rate of farm on the emblems.... Just seems logical to me
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard