Recent Topics

Ads

Make debolstered Players force opt out of RVR PQ

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
falscheneun

Make debolstered Players force opt out of RVR PQ

Post#1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:49 pm

id like to make a suggestion so that players 31+ who are debolstered to mid tier cannot roll for the zone lock PQ. im not asking for no rvr loot for debolstered players, only on the PQ roll after a zone lock.

there is obviously a bug that debolstered players with the highest level (40) ALWAYS win the gold bag from the zone lock PQ. at first i thought "okay, they contributed the most". but i observed some of them after it came to my attention that ALWAYS the 40s win the golden bag.

some arent even doing anything, they just sit in/near WC and wait for the zone lock to get their free seals of the exemplar yet they still win the gold bag due to being level 40.

this is highly unfair to lower level players as it is incredibly hard to obtain the rvr sets only from the few medaillons that drop off players.

please consider.

Ads
Scrilian

Re: Make debolstered Players force opt out of RVR PQ

Post#2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

My guess is that lvl40 people just know how to "game" the system from doing it over and over in t4
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

dansari

Post#3 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:32 pm

There's no such bug. It's just happenstance that they win bags. But, I wholeheartedly agree: if there is a way to do it, do it... I hate stealing gold bags from mid tier players who can use them.
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm

I will look into it.

falscheneun

Post#5 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Scrilian wrote:My guess is that lvl40 people just know how to "game" the system from doing it over and over in t4
yes, this might be true to a certain point. but what are the odds that whenever i play (and i play a lot lately), on every lock the gold bag ALWAYS goes to lv 40s?

theres people doing supply runs over and over. opening keeps, doing A, doing B. the 40s just try to get as many DBs as possible to get seals, which is fine - but they dont need the gold bag with worthless (to them) loot on top of that imo.

i wasnt lying when i said i saw some idling at WC yet they still won the gold bag. and its not like the 1st is a lvl 40 and then its all mixed up. if you check the players (or remember them) after the PQ roll, you will see that all top places are taken by lvl 40s. i just cannot believe player level does not contribute to the calculation.

if there was a way to win the gold bag 100% of the time, there wouldve been a post about it somewhere for sure.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:03 am

Midtier gold bags are so useless. By the time you can wear the gear you should have plenty medaillons. Those rank 40 drop officer or higher medaillons, when you kill them, this makes it even easier to get the currency.
Gold bags are not needed at all to get the gear.
To have higher chances for bags you have to leave your open warband and form a 6man group. Then you farm kills and due to being a group you earn more renown and more contribution, because you share with less players.
I never used gold bags to get midtier gear.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 am

Sulorie wrote:Midtier gold bags are so useless. By the time you can wear the gear you should have plenty medaillons. Those rank 40 drop officer or higher medaillons, when you kill them, this makes it even easier to get the currency.
To have higher chances for bags you have to leave your open warband and form a 6man group. Then you farm kills and due to being a group you earn more renown and more contribution, because you share with less players.
Perfect, so they can be removed for T4 players :).

Sulorie

Post#8 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:48 am

Hargrim wrote:
Sulorie wrote:Midtier gold bags are so useless. By the time you can wear the gear you should have plenty medaillons. Those rank 40 drop officer or higher medaillons, when you kill them, this makes it even easier to get the currency.
Perfect, so they can be removed for T4 players :).
No bag at all would be unfair, in the case they really earned it and there is no bug with contribution. Best might be automatically opt-out for t4 players and if they earn gold they get purple instead.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:52 am

Opt-out is not working currently for zone locks, as far as I know. For now they will be excluded, it might be changed in future.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 am

winning bags in t3 when debolstered is nice, it's like a sign that you are actually contributing. ofc I have no need it, I mostly just take the money from the bags to pay for flying/respeccing expenses.
thing is, when I happen to win bag in t3 its because I've been in the zone since the start, and it's because I have damn many kills. If I'm late to the zone and barely contribute, no bags. Just like T4.

But the main difference might be that since I have a rank 40 character, it means I "mostly" know how to play them, even in T3. And having 3 tactic slots, best possible debolstering gear and vast potion arsenal make me it pretty easy to kill rank 16s or rank 20s who might be complete newbies to the game with one tactic slot open.

In fact, when considering that gaining renown after rr40 comes at -50% speed, the guys winning bags in T3 with their debolstered toons have to work extra hard to get similar contri as the natives of that tier. (since most of contri is based on raw renown earning in the zone)

Then, even after all of that, it still comes to RNGesus who may take a dump or piss upon your legendary zone capturing efforts. :)