Recent Topics

Ads

Make debolstered Players force opt out of RVR PQ

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dansari

Re: Make debolstered Players force opt out of RVR PQ

Post#21 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Dresden wrote:I'm just expressing caution, lack of incentive to debolster and obstacles to debolstering are a problem, that is all.
I completely agree with the obstacles to debolster (time invested in obtaining gear, gold invested in respeccing, respeccing renown, changing gear sets at the time, changing mounts and remembering to change them back when you go back up to T4). I think people know the difficulties around debolstering itself, but if I understand correctly there is no way around that currently from a coding perspective. Whether that be it's not feasible through the code that would need to be implemented, the time from staff that would need to be devoted into it is better spent elsewhere right now, or a variety of factors. Debolstering is what it is currently. The fact that it's a thing at all is nice so you can still play your main toon in lower tiers with your groupies.

But lack of incentive? C'mon mate the Overlord/Imperator stuff does take a while to get, but those are pretty sweet sets for a lot of classes and the appearance alone can be something to work towards for some players. Renown is also increased in mid tier.. purple rain baby. Debolstering could be cleaner from a QOL standpoint, but I'd hate to discredit/disregard the work that was put in to make it feasible and provide carrots for doing it.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#22 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Dresden wrote:
Penril wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but gear from T3 bags is unusable by a debolstered character right? Isn't this gear level 28+?
If that can be said of all colours of MidT RvR/PQ bags now and after any future changes then issue resolved.

I'm just expressing caution, lack of incentive to debolster and obstacles to debolstering are a problem, that is all.
With some luck debolstering won't be needed soon...

Penril

Post#23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Pretty sure everyone debolstering does it for the seals, and doesn't care one bit about T3 keep bags. A few T4 SCs/RvR sessions give them enough emblems/medallions to buy any T3 sets they want.

Also what Hargrim said.

Dresden
Banned

Post#24 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm

dansari wrote:
Dresden wrote:I'm just expressing caution, lack of incentive to debolster and obstacles to debolstering are a problem, that is all.
I completely agree with the obstacles to debolster (time invested in obtaining gear, gold invested in respeccing, respeccing renown, changing gear sets at the time, changing mounts and remembering to change them back when you go back up to T4). I think people know the difficulties around debolstering itself, but if I understand correctly there is no way around that currently from a coding perspective. Whether that be it's not feasible through the code that would need to be implemented, the time from staff that would need to be devoted into it is better spent elsewhere right now, or a variety of factors. Debolstering is what it is currently. The fact that it's a thing at all is nice so you can still play your main toon in lower tiers with your groupies.

But lack of incentive? C'mon mate the Overlord/Imperator stuff does take a while to get, but those are pretty sweet sets for a lot of classes and the appearance alone can be something to work towards for some players. Renown is also increased in mid tier.. purple rain baby. Debolstering could be cleaner from a QOL standpoint, but I'd hate to discredit/disregard the work that was put in to make it feasible and provide carrots for doing it.
I was merely expressing caution, lack of incentive to debolster and obstacles to debolstering are a problem, that is all.

Having studied debolster obstacles in detail for the pinned debolster topic i feel that i can say with some certainty that the only 'incentive' obstacle worth complaining about is the cost of mastery/renown respec, if the incidence of bolstering is free (and automatic) in this game then debolstering should also be free, it would remove the only major psychological resistance to debolstering currently affecting the game.

All other concerns about debolstering are merely incidental to the nature of the problems the staff are dealing with, they know best.
Last edited by Dresden on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Manatikik

Post#25 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Penril wrote:Pretty sure everyone debolstering does it for the seals, and doesn't care one bit about T3 keep bags. A few T4 SCs/RvR sessions give them enough emblems/medallions to buy any T3 sets they want.

Also what Hargrim said.
I an see three valid reasons someone debolsters: 1) the seals (the most common/likely one I'm sure), 2) (for some strange reason) they miss the T3 ORvR Zones, or 3) they want to play with friends/guildies who haven't quite made it to T4 and they themselves do not have a mid-tier toon at the time. Regardless the reason there is no reason for them to get or need Loot Bags.
<Montague><Capulet>

Dresden
Banned

Post#26 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Penril wrote:Pretty sure everyone debolstering does it for the seals, and doesn't care one bit about T3 keep bags. A few T4 SCs/RvR sessions give them enough emblems/medallions to buy any T3 sets they want.

Also what Hargrim said.
I an see three valid reasons someone debolsters: 1) the seals (the most common/likely one I'm sure), 2) (for some strange reason) they miss the T3 ORvR Zones, or 3) they want to play with friends/guildies who haven't quite made it to T4 and they themselves do not have a mid-tier toon at the time. Regardless the reason there is no reason for them to get or need Loot Bags.
Don't you miss Avelorn/Saphery?
Last edited by Dresden on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Penril

Post#27 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Not on my Chosen, cause everytime I move from Avelorn to Saphery (or BFP to Badlands, or Talabecland to High pass) I have to reactivate my auras.

Again. And again. And again. And again. And...

Manatikik

Post#28 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Dresden wrote:
Manatikik wrote:

Also what Hargrim said.
Reason 2 was why (also i am sick of 1/2 day of T4 fighting and receiving no bags) i recently quit T4, don't you miss Avelorn/Saphery?
I am of the opinion that Avelorn/Saphery is the worst ORvR zone ever (not aesthetically speaking) because of the split map and it is so freaking small its worthless; you shouldn't be able to stand in one place and see both keeps ever in an ORvR Lake (imo). All of Tier 3 lakes suck imo; but T2 was super fun and I miss it from Live (wouldn't be nearly as fun with all the tools classes get in T3/T4); it was awesome for the same reason T1 is fun; simple mechanics and classes anyone can pickup and have fun with quickly but with the added fun of a Keep (with only one door).
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
dansari

Post#29 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Penril wrote:Not on my Chosen, cause everytime I move from Avelorn to Saphery (or BFP to Badlands, or Talabecland to High pass) I have to reactivate my auras.

Again. And again. And again. And again. And...
Hahaha same with pets. Gotta be careful where you engage people or they'll disappear mid fight!
<Salt Factory>

Dresden
Banned

Post#30 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:49 pm

It looks like none of this will matter after what's incoming from the advertised event has taken effect anyway.
Last edited by Dresden on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.